MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: IGT: Mets at Marlins 5/19/19 (Syndergaard)
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 12:54 am 
NYFS Hall of Famer

Oddly curious about Thor not throwing the slider...like not at all? Hmm

You will be missed Carlos!

Remember Met fans, every trade is different and independent from the rest. TIS...Trust in Sandy!

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 1:11 am 
NYFS Staff

Mogriffjr wrote:

He has had problems gripping the baseball this year and it has affected his slider. For a while he was throwing more of a slurvy slider, but recently it seems he has pretty much scrapped the pitch all together (throwing it once or twice an outing the last two starts.) Callaway said they are searching hard for the power slider between starts, but they agreed not to try to tinker with it mid-start, so it's something that will have to be found during side sessions.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 1:24 am 
NYFS Hall of Famer

https://twitter.com/crewile/status/1126 ... 62112?s=21

Great thread about Noah's slider and curve for that matter

You will be missed Carlos!

Remember Met fans, every trade is different and independent from the rest. TIS...Trust in Sandy!

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 7:58 am 
Practically A Wilpon

HeyNowHK wrote:
Ralf wrote:
The Mets need to play .600 baseball the rest of the way just to get to 90 wins. Its going to take more than that to win the NLE.

Its going to take a near miracle to turn this around. Like a 10 or 12 game win streak. Or better yet, thats like winning 35 out of 40 three game series. Where on the schedule is that possible?

They’re 5 games under with 117 games to play and this is one of the darkest moments in history to you? Are you listening to yourself??

You just loooooove to put words in peoples mouths. "Darkest moment" was literally YOUR words, not mine. I responded in kind that its A dark moment. Just like there have been many many dark moments before in this franchise (ie: the aftermath of the Kazmir trade where things felt hopeless). Even the beat guys are noticing this moment:

Quote:
Mike Puma

Verified account

@NYPost_Mets

I have been covering the Mets for almost a decade. In that span, the fan outrage has never been greater than it is right now. The Mets need to turn this around soon, but do they have the horses? It sure doesn’t appear that way.

And way to conflate two different posts in two different threads and ignore reality again. I provided some context for what it will take the balance of the season. I'll say it again --- its going to take a near miracle to turn this around. Like a 10 or 12 game win streak. Or better yet, thats like winning 35 out of 40 three game series. Where on the schedule is that possible?

Brodie is to the Mets what Billy McFarland was to the Fyre Festival.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 8:36 am 
Legend of NYFS

The danger is bringing in Dusty Baker who will burn everything to the ground trying to win 73 games instead of 72.

8)

8)

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 9:28 am 
Legend of NYFS

Ralf wrote:
HeyNowHK wrote:
Ralf wrote:
The Mets need to play .600 baseball the rest of the way just to get to 90 wins. Its going to take more than that to win the NLE.

Its going to take a near miracle to turn this around. Like a 10 or 12 game win streak. Or better yet, thats like winning 35 out of 40 three game series. Where on the schedule is that possible?

They’re 5 games under with 117 games to play and this is one of the darkest moments in history to you? Are you listening to yourself??

You just loooooove to put words in peoples mouths. "Darkest moment" was literally YOUR words, not mine. I responded in kind that its A dark moment. Just like there have been many many dark moments before in this franchise (ie: the aftermath of the Kazmir trade where things felt hopeless).

I do?? You haven't been leading the anti-Brodie outrage from the moment the Cano deal happened? OK, I must've misunderstood the point of the updated stats posted practically every week.

I don't think I've mischaracterized your drama here at all... it's true that some people weren't impressed with this roster but that was largely bc of the lack of SP/RP depth. Most people seemed to believe the lineup would score plenty of runs. So I think people now screaming "I told you so" look a little bit disingenuous.

Dropping a 3 game series to the lowly Marlins is bad, but the most fan outrage in a decade? Not to be completely dismissive, but I'm just not feeling that. Not sure where Puma is getting that from.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 9:50 am 
Legend of NYFS

sluger11787 wrote:
Mogriffjr wrote:

He has had problems gripping the baseball this year and it has affected his slider. For a while he was throwing more of a slurvy slider, but recently it seems he has pretty much scrapped the pitch all together (throwing it once or twice an outing the last two starts.) Callaway said they are searching hard for the power slider between starts, but they agreed not to try to tinker with it mid-start, so it's something that will have to be found during side sessions.

Their story here has been incredibly inconsistent. I have no idea what the real story is; maybe Noah is hiding an arm injury that the power slider aggravates so their trying to work around it.

But they have alternated between grip issues, or Callaway and Eiland saying they wanted to get more velo difference between pitches, or more depth (funny stuff - the graphs actually show the lower velo spinner has less movement), etc. If they can't explain how they took a guy you just had to leave alone, and had him lose his best pitch, they should be fired for that alone.

I know I beat the dead horse on Mickey/TC, but more importantly, people loved to crap on Warthen. Warthen >>>> Eiland and its not close. Warthen took decent prospects and turned them into stars with his slider. Eiland is doing his best to erode that. Basically everybody's sliders have taken a step back this year, starters and relievers.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 10:32 am 
Legend of NYFS

I don't have a subscription but Rosenthal's column header is:
"Ownership and Front Office are more to blame than Callaway, but team needs an experienced manager..."

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 10:40 am 
Legend of NYFS

https://twitter.com/Jacob_Resnick/status/1130220013468758016

If I knew how to embed the video here I would but the link to this Terry post game rant is what you'd like to see from Mickey right now but clearly it's just not in him.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 10:50 am 
Legend of NYFS

Also per Kenny, the Mets may not stay in the org if they make a managerial change... he mentioned Showalter, Dusty and Girardi.

Showalter would be great. Can we make that happen quickly?

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 10:54 am 
Franchise Player

HeyNowHK wrote:
Also per Kenny, the Mets may not stay in the org if they make a managerial change... he mentioned Showalter, Dusty and Girardi.

No Luis Rojas?

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 10:56 am 
Legend of NYFS

HeyNowHK wrote:

That's going to be a laugh riot.

8)

8)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next