MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: 2022 Roster
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 4:48 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Blue Chipper

Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:10 am
Posts: 436
Location: Virginia
I want no part of Baez or Conforto on this squad next year but extend the QO to Conforto and hope he signs elsewhere for the draft pick compensation. I'm tired of watching over-hyped, under-performing players. Quite frankly, I'm growing tired of Sandy and his FO, as well. I know he was hamstrung to an extent by the Coupons but most of the money spent was spent on the wrong players. This team always seems like a bunch of frustrating square pegs forced into round holes.

_________________
"The Mets win it! They win!!!..." - Bob Murphy

LET'S GO METS!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2022 Roster
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:36 am 
User avatar
Offline
Fan Favorite

Joined: Fri May 29, 2015 10:07 am
Posts: 1687
Location: Studio 54
MazzilliTheMet wrote:
I want no part of Baez or Conforto on this squad next year but extend the QO to Conforto and hope he signs elsewhere for the draft pick compensation. I'm tired of watching over-hyped, under-performing players. Quite frankly, I'm growing tired of Sandy and his FO, as well. I know he was hamstrung to an extent by the Coupons but most of the money spent was spent on the wrong players. This team always seems like a bunch of frustrating square pegs forced into round holes.


And the problem is, at least two from the "next wave" are going to continue the trend. Mauricio is a shortstop, that position is taken. They've got 2, maybe 3 third basemen coming with Vientos, Baty, and Thompson. Yeah sure, they've been trying Vientos and Baty out in left this summer. Kinda late in their development IMO.

The organization needs a deep disinfecting. Whoever takes over as POBO this fall needs to tell Cohen to forget the Dodgers, and instead take a step or two back for a season or so, a la the Braves in the middle of the last decade. That franchise has certainly rebounded nicely, don't you think?

_________________
"Hope for the best, expect the Mets!"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2022 Roster
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:17 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Prospect

Joined: Fri May 25, 2007 1:00 pm
Posts: 242
I’m not saying you wrong, especially about where they are in their development, but there is a philosophy that you hoard the best athletes and then find them a place to play. Most of the best athletes are/were shortstops at one point in their baseball careers. Mauricio will be fine. That said, they definitely need to start using him in other positions now, unless they plan to trade him in the offseason.
Baty and Vientos have already started to learn new positions. This team will look very different in two years.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2022 Roster
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:00 pm 
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:09 am
Posts: 15034
Location: Somebody's stolen my avatar
Disco Ball wrote:
MazzilliTheMet wrote:
I want no part of Baez or Conforto on this squad next year but extend the QO to Conforto and hope he signs elsewhere for the draft pick compensation. I'm tired of watching over-hyped, under-performing players. Quite frankly, I'm growing tired of Sandy and his FO, as well. I know he was hamstrung to an extent by the Coupons but most of the money spent was spent on the wrong players. This team always seems like a bunch of frustrating square pegs forced into round holes.


And the problem is, at least two from the "next wave" are going to continue the trend. Mauricio is a shortstop, that position is taken. They've got 2, maybe 3 third basemen coming with Vientos, Baty, and Thompson. Yeah sure, they've been trying Vientos and Baty out in left this summer. Kinda late in their development IMO.

The organization needs a deep disinfecting. Whoever takes over as POBO this fall needs to tell Cohen to forget the Dodgers, and instead take a step or two back for a season or so, a la the Braves in the middle of the last decade. That franchise has certainly rebounded nicely, don't you think?


Those aren't real problems though.

Mauricio is perhaps a late season callup in 2022, possibly earlier if Lindor goes on the DL. If he hits a ton, then it becomes an interesting problem for the 2023 season. If he doesn't hit then he alternates between AAA and MLB in 2023 and he's brought along more slowly.

Not all prospects work out, so having both Baty and Vientos, at least for now, is fine. Thompson is (and I hate to say this about a player who's clearly worked hard), not really part of the equation. I'm not sure his options status, but he might not be a Met next year.

A lot of teams with good farm systems have this kind of doubling up. We used to have it at 2nd base with Tejada and Reese Havens and we all know how that worked out.

These are good problems to have.

I agree that the Dom Smith/Alonso situation isn't ideal, but the way Dom is hitting and fielding, Dom being forced out of position hasn't been terrible this year and I think if he's a legit 1B/corner OF, that ups his trade value. He just needs to start hitting.

Mets need a 3rd baseman, so it'll be interesting to see what they do next year, if they sign one long term, or if they do a short term fix and hold the spot for Baty/Vientos.

_________________
Winning Streak Starts . . . .
April 2022. Go Mets!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2022 Roster
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:24 pm 
User avatar
Offline
NYFS Hall of Famer

Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:31 am
Posts: 5229
Location: Fairview Township, PA
Quote:
Jack Ramsey @jackwramsey

Former Marlins’ executive Michael Hill, age 50, has emerged as a strong candidate for the Mets’ open President of Baseball Operations position, sources say. “He’s a leader and people respond to him”, said one industry source of Hill. More to come.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2022 Roster
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:21 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Veteran Presence

Joined: Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:46 pm
Posts: 4299
yalikeMetroplitans wrote:
Quote:
Jack Ramsey @jackwramsey

Former Marlins’ executive Michael Hill, age 50, has emerged as a strong candidate for the Mets’ open President of Baseball Operations position, sources say. “He’s a leader and people respond to him”, said one industry source of Hill. More to come.

You mean the architect of those feared Marlins team? Lol


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2022 Roster
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:33 pm 
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:09 am
Posts: 15034
Location: Somebody's stolen my avatar
Question for the 2022 roster, do you plan on Walker pitching 15-20 games and being useful for the playoffs, or do you give him every 5th start and anticipate a break-down again? I don't think he's a 32 start pitcher and I'm not sure deGrom will be next year either. 6 starters and some clever juggling might be the way to go.

I'm reasonably sure that's what the Dodgers would do.

_________________
Winning Streak Starts . . . .
April 2022. Go Mets!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2022 Roster
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:27 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Blue Chipper

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:22 am
Posts: 446
Location: Corona, NY
https://nypost.com/2021/09/15/mets-pres ... s%20Alerts

_________________
To err is human. To forgive is a Mets fan.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2022 Roster
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:14 am 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:11 am
Posts: 33866
Location: NYC
Asbury Mark wrote:
https://nypost.com/2021/09/15/mets-president-search-complicated-by-steve-cohens-tweets/?utm_source=sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=sports_news_alert&utm_content=20210915&utm_term=NYP%20-%20Sports%20Alerts

I don’t think the tweeting is an issue at all. But otherwise, they need to get their acts together. Alderson continuing to be a prime fixture is a big problem. There’s no other way to judge that.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2022 Roster
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:00 am 
User avatar
Offline
Fan Favorite

Joined: Fri May 29, 2015 10:07 am
Posts: 1687
Location: Studio 54
Quote:
Scott, Jared Porter and Mickey Callaway were all hired by Alderson and landed in embarrassing situations. Porter was fired as Mets GM in January, after it was revealed he sexually harassed a female journalist while working for the Cubs. Callaway, the former Mets manager, was suspended through 2022 by MLB for sending inappropriate messages and photos to female reporters.

“It’s incredibly unfortunate and I am personally chagrined by the whole thing, but to a large extent they are unrelated, each one of them, and I am not sure it points to a single flaw in our hiring process,” Alderson said.


He's not sure? Time to retire Sandy.

_________________
"Hope for the best, expect the Mets!"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2022 Roster
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:48 am 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:11 am
Posts: 33866
Location: NYC
Hard pass on Castellanos.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2022 Roster
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:06 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:56 pm
Posts: 66159
Here’s a question: if they offer a Noah a QO and he accepts, what do they do re SP?

You can’t just bring back this same group. But you have Carrasco Walker Noah and Jake all under contract with significant salaries if that happens.

Will they really bring in another 8 figure salary guy?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Kevin From Spotswood, Majestic-12 [Bot], tejdog1 and 118 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group


FIND AN AA MEETING | SUICIDE DEPRESSION ADDICTION HELP | BOOK REVIEWS EDITORIAL BEST SELLERS | LOCAL DOCTORS HOSPITAL EMERGENCY CARE | LOCAL LIVE MUSIC OPEN MIC JAM | FIND YOUR CONGRESSMAN AND WHERE TO VOTE | WOMEN VETERANS HELP SUPPORT | PET FRIENDLY PARKS HOTELS | SOLAR WIND RENEWABLE POWER | FILE TAX RETURN ATTORNEY | 4G SEO SMART PHONES TABLET WEB | BIRTHDAY PARTY RENTAL CHARACTERS | HOMES APARTMENTS FOR SALE OR RENT | SPORT COURT GYM FITNESS CLUB TRACK FIELD | GET HEALTH LIFE AUTO HOME INSURANCE QUOTE | VETERAN TIPS ON CRAFT DIY RECIPES | FIND ATM BRANCH CONSOLIDATION STUDENT CREDIT LOAN RATES | LOCAL NEWS AND RSS FEEDS | CHRISTMAS BLACK FRIDAY BACK TO SCHOOL SALE | LATEST E NEWS ON MOVIES TV GAMES GIFTS BOOKS | LAST MINUTE ANNIVERSARY BIRTHDAY HOUSE WARMING GIFTS | LOCAL ARTS CRAFTS SUPPLY STORE | LOCAL LINKS TO RESTAURANTS AIRPORTS DRUG STORES | DRUG OXY OPIATE ALCOHOL PHYSICAL REHAB LOCAL NEW OR USED BOOK STORE | KNICKS BLOG FORUM BOARDS | © Untraditional Media