MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:20 pm 
Draft Pick

Excuse me if I'm being a moron, but what is the roll call. I want to know if I'm missing something or if I just happen to be at games they don't do it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:24 pm 
Franchise Player

Anyone who was at the game last night..

Was the roll call done??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:25 pm 
Veteran Presence

devolver27 wrote:
can we use any of these songs or do they belong to other teams?

twisted sister - i wanna rock
gary glitter - rock and roll pt. 2
glen frey - you belong to the city
scorpions - rock you like a hurricane
ELP - karn evil 9

Ace Frehley - Back In The New York Grove

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:34 pm 
All Star

jman15 wrote:
Excuse me if I'm being a moron, but what is the roll call. I want to know if I'm missing something or if I just happen to be at games they don't do it.

It's when the fans chant a player's name over and over until he acknowledges them and then they move on to the next guy. It's like roll call in school.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:35 pm 
Franchise Player

yogalates wrote:
jman15 wrote:

It's when the fans chant a player's name over and over until he acknowledges them and then they move on to the next guy. It's like roll call in school.

And it's the lamest thing ever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:35 pm 
Draft Pick

I was at the game last night and game 1 of the first round and didn't see that at either one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:16 pm 
Legend of NYFS

"Sweet Caroline" played at Ranger games, Giants Stadium, Fenway, Shea and I swear when I went to watch another game at a different stadium they played it there too. It's not like Mets fans complained as far as I've known that the Mets played "New York, New York" first and the Yankees are copying them. Who cares?!?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:19 pm 
Legend of NYFS

AmazinReyes7 wrote:
yogalates wrote:
jman15 wrote:

And it's the lamest thing ever.

+1

I watched on YES doing a profile on the bleacher creatures and they think it's the coolest thing when a player looks at them. :roll: Well, I always that Yankee fans were attention-seeking whore but that's besides the point.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:19 pm 
Rookie

Mets copy everything, there isnt a shread of originality at the park, and i know this is typical of me to say something "negative" but it's the truth

BTW, I must be the only man in the tri state area who doesnt know a word to Sweet Caroline, the ballpark friggen lights up when that comes on, I remember sitting there saying "How the hell does everyone know all the words to this?"

Also, "Lets Go Mets WOOO" is also ridiculous

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:20 pm 
Everyday Player

therick07 wrote:
Anyone who was at the game last night..

Was the roll call done??

No it wasn't

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:21 pm 
Everyday Player

Sweet Caroline wasn't made for the Sox. It plays at bars all the time, and when have it on the juke boxes at my diner whenever it goes it basically all the diner just starts singing it. It's a good way to get the fans on their feet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:21 pm 
Everyday Player

Who cares about a stupid song? Seriously. Its dumb.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next