MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:30 pm 
Everyday Player

metsrno1 wrote:
davemets23 wrote:
Valent(in) > You wrote:
Monte wrote:
Nobody has mentioned the most creative, awesome, amazing thing done at Shea!!

Vooooooooooolareeeee

CROWD: WOOAH-OOAH

CANTALEEEEE

CROWD: WOAH-OOO-OOO-OAH

When Paulie's at the plate!!

i dont even know what that is....should i?

Dean Martin

And it's CANTARE not CANTALE. In case anyone cares

It was originally done by Modugno Domenico..... Dean Martin americanized it and made it popular out here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:33 pm 
Everyday Player

Here's the Dean Martin version...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQLmTUkNbJ4

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:43 pm 
Everyday Player

Only half listening to their show today but I thought I heard them say something about the cowbell. Did they bash that too? Did they say that was stolen from another team's stadium??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:43 pm 
MVP

Sour gripes from two nitwits who can't stand the fact that their pathetic teams are home and the Mets are playing OCtober baseball!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:48 pm 
Manager

Why people continue getting worked up over Mike and the Dog I will never understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:50 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Static wrote:
Why people continue getting worked up over Mike and the Dog I will never understand.

I don't get it either. Just don't listen to them. Who cares what they thing. It's not that hard to turn off the radio.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:49 pm 
Fan Favorite

I was in the stadium last night from 5:30 til the end of the game. I never heard the roll call one time. not once. they may have been chanting a player's name, but that is not the f'n roll call.

2010 CitiField Record: 1-4
2009 CitiField Record: way more losses than wins

Follow me on Twitter: [url]http://www.twitter.com/steaker[/url]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:28 am 
Veteran Presence

my 2 cents:

Roll call and the chanting of the name with the 5 claps, sorry yankee fans did come up with that

sweet caroline, just fans being stupid most mets fans are jets fans, been to a jet game lately just fans having fun. red sox maybe but not really original just a song.

Jose chant getting played out was better when it was only when he did something.

we have something it's Let's Go mets; sounds stupid but was original

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:49 am 
Franchise Player

mets.man wrote:
Sour gripes from two nitwits who can't stand the fact that their pathetic teams are home and the Mets are playing OCtober baseball!

It's not even that. It's two guys trying to piss off Mets fan, so they'll call in, and keep the show going.

It's entertainment, that's all. Don't take it seriously.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 2:15 am 
Rookie

is Monte talkin about the Italian song during the 7th inning stretch? thats by far the best thing they do

and ive said it once, ill say it again, CowBell Man is a clown

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:00 am 
Everyday Player

Valent(in) > You wrote:
is Monte talkin about the Italian song during the 7th inning stretch? thats by far the best thing they do

and ive said it once, ill say it again, CowBell Man is a clown

No, Lazy Mary is the 7th inning stretch song. Volare! is just a chant they do when LoDuca comes up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 2:51 pm 
Draft Pick

PeggyWilpon wrote:
therick07 wrote:
Anyone who was at the game last night..

Was the roll call done??

No it wasn't

What's being done is variation on roll call. At Yankee Stadium, Bleacher Bozos do roll call in top of first working their way thru defensive alignment, chanting players names 'til player acknowledges them.

At Shea, they're chanting player's name when he comes up to bat.....

Actually it's not a recent development.

In late 90's there was a brief period where for Olerud there were chants of "Johnny Baseball", "borrowing" from the Mattingly "Donnie Baseball"
And that was more a case of calling attention to accomplishments of the ultimate low-key guy (Olerud)

Also in 1999 NLDS when Melvin Mora first made his mark, there were roll call like chants of "Melvin Mora". And in this case, it was recognition of role player, and fan's acknowledging his contributions.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next