MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Pedro Feliciano
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:25 am 
NYFS Staff

I'd like to see an expanded role for him from here on out. He is capable of getting righties out as well as lefties.

His road ERA this season was 0.30 and with the bullepn a bit tired, he should be able to shoulder more of the load.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:51 am 
Manager

I'd like to see Roberto Hernandez get some work too. I didn't agree with going with Mota in that spot, but hindsight is 20/20. I'm a bit intrigued with Willie's use of the pen right now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:54 am 
Blue Chipper

I do not understand the non-use of Hernandez throughout the entire year.

There has to be something behind this.

However, I expect Hernandez to be the first one up in the bullpen tonight.

They are going to try and save Oliver for Game 4 if Perez stinks, or Game 5 if we are leading 3-1.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:01 pm 
NYFS Staff

Despite Mota and Wagner last night, the pen has been awesome. Feliciano, The Janitor, and Heilman were all awesome last night.

Gotta remember, too, that these guys have had a weird schedule. When was the last time Robo or Heilman was in a game prior to last night?

They had like a week off with the rain. I think a lot of the arms are over rested and add the adrenaline, you're going to have some bad outings/lack of command.

I don't think this five games in a row thing is a bad thing, unless every starter can only go 4 innings. The bullpen will regain it's groove via some regular work, IMO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:13 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Location: Contemplating the meaning of life, and why god made me a Mets fan
I think Mota is being overused, but I can't say I want to see Robo. I don't think the Mets wanted him to really be on the roster. It seemed he was one of the guys seriously on the bubble until the injuries to Pedro and Duque made up their mind to take the extra pitchers. So basically he probably is the last guy out of the pen. I don't really trust Mota either, but I guess one of them has to be the guy.

Janitor has actually not pitched as much as I thought he would. I almost forgot about him in talking about the pen. Any chance of getting him more work, or is he a guy we don't want to stretch out? I know they try to avoid him facing lefties, but I'd still rather see him that Mota or Robo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:14 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Less Pedro = Better Pedro.

8)

8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:29 pm 
NYFS Staff

R Nitelight wrote:
Less Pedro = Better Pedro.

8)

Statistically, true in terms of frequency of use. However, untrue in terms of length of use...but I won't go crazy looking at splits.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 5:54 pm 
Rookie

willie should have double switched when pedro was put in, he only threw 2 pitches last night! mota is getting overused IMO, and i agree with taking roberto out of the mothballs.