Switch to full style
Discuss the Mets and their minor leaguers.
Post a reply

Kudos to FOX

Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:26 pm

I thought it was a great opening to the game last night. The way they pieced together the soundbites of Murphy and Buck was simply awesome. I am glad I have it on tape. Great job.

Tough however listening to two St. Louis boys, McCarver and Buck. Thought Gonzales did a pretty decent job.

Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:31 pm

It really is painful listening to Buck and McCarver.... more so now that the Mets are playing the Cardinals.

Example one from last night: When Beltran doubled Pujols off of 1st base, it got a ho-hum response out of Buck/McCarver..... like that play is an everyday occurrence.

Example two: The HR by Beltran, Joe Buck sounded deflated when he made that call.

Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:33 pm

anyone have the intro uploaded? i was at a bar and couldnt hear anything

Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:36 pm

McCarver is horrible.

He only states the most obvious and even then makes a bunch of mistakes.

Example: calling Albert Pujols, Luis PUjols.

Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:48 pm

You've gotta have seen that Family Guy clip about McCarver. If not... to you-tube with you!!

Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:58 pm

Monte wrote:You've gotta have seen that Family Guy clip about McCarver. If not... to you-tube with you!!

This one?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euERw9D5qm8

:lol:

Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:58 pm

I don't mind Joe Buck, I actually think he's ok, like velvet mixed with peanut butter, er something... :)

McCarver, on the other hand, is awful, just awful.

Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:59 pm

It's almost a blessing watching these games at a bar with no audio.

Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:03 pm

Jester69 wrote:It really is painful listening to Buck and McCarver.... more so now that the Mets are playing the Cardinals.

Example one from last night: When Beltran doubled Pujols off of 1st base, it got a ho-hum response out of Buck/McCarver..... like that play is an everyday occurrence.

Example two: The HR by Beltran, Joe Buck sounded deflated when he made that call.

I couldn't agree more. Buck sounded pretty deflated after that HR.

Also, they need to cut down on the graphics and music big time...especially the music. This isn't MTV.

Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:03 pm

Jester69 wrote:
Monte wrote:You've gotta have seen that Family Guy clip about McCarver. If not... to you-tube with you!!

This one?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euERw9D5qm8

:lol:

HAHAHAHAH yes.

Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:10 pm

Sidphunny wrote:I don't mind Joe Buck, I actually think he's ok, like velvet mixed with peanut butter, er something... :)

McCarver, on the other hand, is awful, just awful.

:shock: That commericial is so disturbing on so man levels.

Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:11 pm

I liked Luis and he probably will be retiring soon so this is his second career.
Post a reply