MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Willie and Mota
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:32 am 
User avatar
Offline
Everyday Player

Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:59 pm
Posts: 1486
I like the Mota. He's done a good job overall for this team so far. But how in God's name did this guy, after struggling all season in Cleveland, manage to become THE go to guy in front of Wagner in a span of about a month of meaningless baseball in Willie's eyes? I like the idea of riding the hot hand, but he's not lockdown. I couldn't believe Willie left him out there to pitch to Spezio in the 7th with Heilman up. Hasn't Willie noticed Mota's trend of getting the first two hitters of an inning easily and then struggling to get the 3rd out?

I can't kill Willie about this, because I think he's done a good job with the pen in the playoffs. But, I'm wondering why it's Mota on the mound trying to get the biggest outs late in games.

And has Roberto Hernandez become our postseason Heath Bell?

_________________
Weeeeeeeee!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:34 am 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:53 pm
Posts: 13893
Location: Westchester, NY
Chris Russo predictied on his show today that Mota would blow a game for the Mets sometime this series. Guess he was right...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:37 am 
User avatar
Offline
Everyday Player

Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:59 pm
Posts: 1486
no1mtsfn wrote:
Chris Russo predictied on his show today that Mota would blow a game for the Mets sometime this series. Guess he was right...


Well when he's used for at least an inning every game in close games it's bound to happen.

_________________
Weeeeeeeee!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:37 am 
Offline
Everyday Player

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:37 pm
Posts: 1018
no1mtsfn wrote:
Chris Russo predictied on his show today that Mota would blow a game for the Mets sometime this series. Guess he was right...


Because it would've made any difference to him if Mota didn't? He's an ass clown.

_________________
Carlos Beltran: We don't care if other teams get offended!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:40 am 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:53 pm
Posts: 13893
Location: Westchester, NY
Kostas X wrote:
no1mtsfn wrote:
Chris Russo predictied on his show today that Mota would blow a game for the Mets sometime this series. Guess he was right...


Because it would've made any difference to him if Mota didn't? He's an ass clown.


lol...okay...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 1:29 am 
Offline
Rookie

Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:14 pm
Posts: 611
Im not always right (yes i am) but I was dead on with this one, Mota was and still is a ticking time-bomb, he has a lot of dog in him.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:44 am 
User avatar
Offline
Franchise Player

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:31 am
Posts: 3826
Valent(in) > You wrote:
Im not always right (yes i am) but I was dead on with this one, Mota was and still is a ticking time-bomb, he has a lot of dog in him.


So you're saying you feel that you and Mota are kindered spirits in that regard?

You're not exactly "canine free" yourself there pal.

_________________
"If someone says something you think is foolish, just put it in your sig and embarrass them all season long."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Willie and Mota
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:47 am 
User avatar
Offline
Everyday Player

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:16 pm
Posts: 1060
Robot Devil wrote:
I like the Mota. He's done a good job overall for this team so far. But how in God's name did this guy, after struggling all season in Cleveland, manage to become THE go to guy in front of Wagner in a span of about a month of meaningless baseball in Willie's eyes? I like the idea of riding the hot hand, but he's not lockdown. I couldn't believe Willie left him out there to pitch to Spezio in the 7th with Heilman up. Hasn't Willie noticed Mota's trend of getting the first two hitters of an inning easily and then struggling to get the 3rd out?

I can't kill Willie about this, because I think he's done a good job with the pen in the playoffs. But, I'm wondering why it's Mota on the mound trying to get the biggest outs late in games.

And has Roberto Hernandez become our postseason Heath Bell?


The more mind boggling thing is how Willie hasn't used Robo once this whole postseason.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 2:15 pm 
Offline
Veteran Presence

Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:35 pm
Posts: 4622
I like Mota a lot, but Willie has abused this bullpen....

Next year our Bullpen will be Wagner, Sanchez, Heilman and Mota.... LIGHTS OUT


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 2:37 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Fan Favorite

Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:57 am
Posts: 1918
Location: On the other side of the glass
Wrightstuff wrote:
I like Mota a lot, but Willie has abused this bullpen....

Next year our Bullpen will be Wagner, Sanchez, Heilman and Mota.... LIGHTS OUT


What, already with the Willie talk. He uses the bullpen because the starting pitching stinks. It's not rocket science.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 2:41 pm 
Offline
Veteran Presence

Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:35 pm
Posts: 4622
SteveSomers wrote:
Wrightstuff wrote:
I like Mota a lot, but Willie has abused this bullpen....

Next year our Bullpen will be Wagner, Sanchez, Heilman and Mota.... LIGHTS OUT


What, already with the Willie talk. He uses the bullpen because the starting pitching stinks. It's not rocket science.


Each big Reliever on the Mets threw 23+ pitches, sometimes you have to bite the Bullet and stretch Maine out


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 3:51 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Rookie

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:09 pm
Posts: 681
The worst thing about last night's game wasn't the loss (with a Carpenter start, the chances of losing were relatively high, even if the way we did it was surprising) - it was the bullpen useage.

I don't think the heavy load on the key bullpen pieces was really all Willie's fault though (The loss of the lead due to the slow hook on Mota was, but not the useage) - it was more execution failure on the parts of the pitchers, and a whole lot of VERY good ABs for Card hitters.

By contrast, we hardly taxed the Cardinal bullpen at all, and I think this is going to make a major difference in the next several days.

Last night was a disaster, and I don't think we're the favorites anymore.

That said, if somehow Trachsel can manage to go 7, and we can conserve our pen for a day and win an easy one, it all turns around - and I fervently hope that happens, though I have next to no faith in Steve Trachsel.

_________________
"Now we still have times he says something and I'll tell him, 'Awww, you're full of crap!' Then I get home and I start thinking and I just go, 'Aw, --.'

"He was right." - Wagner on 'The Jacket'


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], HeyNowHK, Kevin From Spotswood, MarkJohnson>You, metsrule0423, sluger11787, Spacetraveler, tejdog1, yalikeMetroplitans and 160 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group


FIND AN AA MEETING | SUICIDE DEPRESSION ADDICTION HELP | BOOK REVIEWS EDITORIAL BEST SELLERS | LOCAL DOCTORS HOSPITAL EMERGENCY CARE | LOCAL LIVE MUSIC OPEN MIC JAM | FIND YOUR CONGRESSMAN AND WHERE TO VOTE | WOMEN VETERANS HELP SUPPORT | PET FRIENDLY PARKS HOTELS | SOLAR WIND RENEWABLE POWER | FILE TAX RETURN ATTORNEY | 4G SEO SMART PHONES TABLET WEB | BIRTHDAY PARTY RENTAL CHARACTERS | HOMES APARTMENTS FOR SALE OR RENT | SPORT COURT GYM FITNESS CLUB TRACK FIELD | GET HEALTH LIFE AUTO HOME INSURANCE QUOTE | VETERAN TIPS ON CRAFT DIY RECIPES | FIND ATM BRANCH CONSOLIDATION STUDENT CREDIT LOAN RATES | LOCAL NEWS AND RSS FEEDS | CHRISTMAS BLACK FRIDAY BACK TO SCHOOL SALE | LATEST E NEWS ON MOVIES TV GAMES GIFTS BOOKS | LAST MINUTE ANNIVERSARY BIRTHDAY HOUSE WARMING GIFTS | LOCAL ARTS CRAFTS SUPPLY STORE | LOCAL LINKS TO RESTAURANTS AIRPORTS DRUG STORES | DRUG OXY OPIATE ALCOHOL PHYSICAL REHAB LOCAL NEW OR USED BOOK STORE | KNICKS BLOG FORUM BOARDS | © Untraditional Media