MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1465 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 123  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:14 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Location: Contemplating the meaning of life, and why god made me a Mets fan
They better win this freakin game. No excuses...the Mets should NOT be losing to the Cardinals. But Im scared. Hopefully we'll get the good Trax tonight and the offense will explode.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:16 pm 
Legend of NYFS

MetGirl5 wrote:
No excuses...the Mets should NOT be losing to the Cardinals.

Why? It's not like the Cardinals are an AA team.

They have a good defense, OK offense and bullpen and just enough starting pitching.

Anyone who quotes profits of a baseball club is missing the point. Under generally accepted accounting principles, I can turn a $4 million profit into a $2 million loss, and I can get every national accounting firm to agree with me. - Paul Beeston, CEO of the Toronto Blue Jays

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:19 pm 
NYFS Staff

Nutsacjac wrote:
MetGirl5 wrote:

They have a good defense, OK offense and bullpen and just enough starting pitching.

They were basically the universal pre-season pick to get to the series, weren't they?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:21 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Man I'm pumped.... going to go get something to eat.

hr tigers, amn those guys can hit
3-3 now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:22 pm 
Legend of NYFS

jdawginsc wrote:
They were basically the universal pre-season pick to get to the series, weren't they?

Any offense that has Pujols, a healthy Edmonds and a hot Scott Spezio should be respected.

A lot of the Cardinal struggles came when Eckstein, Rolen and Edmonds were hurting. Before injuries they were pulling away in the Central.

Anyone who quotes profits of a baseball club is missing the point. Under generally accepted accounting principles, I can turn a $4 million profit into a $2 million loss, and I can get every national accounting firm to agree with me. - Paul Beeston, CEO of the Toronto Blue Jays

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:27 pm 
Legend of NYFS

jdawginsc wrote:
Nutsacjac wrote:
MetGirl5 wrote:

They were also the universal pick to lose this series. And only managed to win 83 games in a lousy division.

Im not saying they have no talent whatesover, and I was leery about their lineup a bit, hoping the Mets would end up facing the Padres instead. But if the Mets lose this series, I don't think I'll be able to see it as anything other than a big time failure.

Lets hope we don't have to go there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:29 pm 
Legend of NYFS

MetGirl5 wrote:

They were also the universal pick to lose this series. And only managed to win 83 games in a lousy division.

Nutsacjac wrote:
A lot of the Cardinal struggles came when Eckstein, Rolen and Edmonds were hurting. Before injuries they were pulling away in the Central.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:30 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Nutsacjac wrote:
MetGirl5 wrote:

Nutsacjac wrote:

Every team has injuries

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:38 pm 
Franchise Player

MetGirl5 wrote:
Nutsacjac wrote:
MetGirl5 wrote:

Nutsacjac wrote:

Every team has injuries

You mean like the Mets?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:40 pm 
Legend of NYFS

MetsLackey wrote:

You mean like the Mets?

The Mets could compensate because they have an embarrassment of riches.

The Cardinals lost Pujols, Mulder, Edmonds, Eckstein, Rolen and Isringhausen for extended periods over the year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:44 pm 
Franchise Player

Nutsacjac wrote:
MetsLackey wrote:

You mean like the Mets?

The Cardinals lost Pujols, Mulder, Edmonds, Eckstein, Rolen and Isringhausen for extended periods over the year.

The Mets are the better team... That's why they could compensate.

With that said, the Cardinals are a good team so I wouldn't be surprised one bit if this series goes to 7 games.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:46 pm 
Veteran Presence

Nutsacjac wrote:
MetsLackey wrote:

You mean like the Mets?

Rolen, Edmonds, and Izzy have met more doctors than my 87 year old grandmother. The Cardinals should go into each season expecting those guys to leave the field on stretchers at some point.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1465 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 123  Next