MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Perspective
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:48 am 
NYFS Staff

We are playing without 2 of our top 3 starters.
We are playing without our lefty/power leftfielder.
Despite that, we are 4-1 in the postseason.

Try and enjoy it. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:50 am 
Manager

ITS NEVER ENOUGH.

ONLY A WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP WILL DO.

BAHHHH.

Post subject: Re: Perspective
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:52 am 
Blue Chipper

metswiki wrote:
We are playing without 2 of our top 3 starters.
We are playing without our lefty/power leftfielder.
Despite that, we are 4-1 in the postseason.

Try and enjoy it. 8)

That is not an excuse to lose when you are 4-0 in the post season coming into yesterday's game. That being said, I accept yesterday's loss, I figured we'd win this series 4-1 or 4-2. It's a seven game series boys. It takes time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:55 am 
NYFS Staff

A week ago we had no chance because Pedro and El Duque were done for the season. Now it's a travesty because it's game 3 of the NLCS and we're no longer undefeated in the postseason.

I can't fathom that fans of a team that was down 3 games to 2 and losing in the ninth with 2 outs and no one on, and still came back to win the series in '86, can think that a single postseason loss is such an unovercomeable marker of doom.

If I didn't have to read/edit/delete so many threads, I'd find it amusingly laughable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:09 pm 
MVP

metswiki wrote:
A week ago we had no chance because Pedro and El Duque were done for the season. Now it's a travesty because it's game 3 of the NLCS and we're no longer undefeated in the postseason.

I can't fathom that fans of a team that was down 3 games to 2 and losing in the ninth with 2 outs and no one on, and still came back to win the series in '86, can think that a single postseason loss is such an unovercomeable marker of doom.

If I didn't have to read/edit/delete so many threads, I'd find it amusingly laughable.

Yeah, A lot of these characters are acting like they have never been in a fist fight before. It feels absolutely great to get up off the floor. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:11 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Every day there's a baseball game is a good day.

8)

8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:12 pm 
MVP

R Nitelight wrote:
Every day there's a baseball game is a good day.

8)
:wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:15 pm 
Franchise Player

gigawit wrote:
metswiki wrote:

Yeah, A lot of these characters are acting like they have never been in a fist fight before. It feels absolutely great to get up off the floor. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I know that no fist fight I've been in really felt like much of a fight until I got hit.

I joked about a sweep, but having won eight straight going into last night, I knew it wasn't likely.

The only thing last night did was guarantee that the Cardinals aren't going to let us hit them four times in a row without landing a punch of their own.

Now the question becomes how hard do we hit back?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:28 pm 
All Star

I'm happy that I didn't check in here last night. I didn't need the additional negativity. It's just one game, there's another one tonight. Sure it didn't go as expected (they were supposed to lose on a well pitcher game by Carpenter), time to go after the next guy.

Personally I don't like the idea that suffering is a Mets fans fate in life. I prefer to think about the incredible Amazing positives this franchise has had.

So I'll go into each game feeling good that my team is still playing. Too late to worry about last game.

Let's Go Mets

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:31 pm 
Legend of NYFS

metfan13 wrote:
I'm happy that I didn't check in here last night. I didn't need the additional negativity. It's just one game, there's another one tonight. Sure it didn't go as expected (they were supposed to lose on a well pitcher game by Carpenter), time to go after the next guy.

Personally I don't like the idea that suffering is a Mets fans fate in life. I prefer to think about the incredible Amazing positives this franchise has had.

So I'll go into each game feeling good that my team is still playing. Too late to worry about last game.

Let's Go Mets

The 5 minute/second rule! (which one is it, I'm not a jet fan, so i dunno)

2015 - Return to Glory!

SFC 2015 Mets Record: 10-7

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 2:43 pm 
All Star

SuperFanChuck wrote:
metfan13 wrote:

Let's Go Mets

The 5 minute/second rule! (which one is it, I'm not a jet fan, so i dunno)

Jets fans need to forget REAL fast, and often.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 3:12 pm 
All Star

Let's save our misery for when we have to face Verlander, Bonderman, Rogers and company. :wink: :D