MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Cards Playoff Rosert-How did they do it???
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:00 pm 
Draft Pick

Can someone please explain to me how the Cards could include Anthony Reyes, Josh Kinney, Brad Thompson AND John Rodriguez on their playoff roster when they were all called up AFTER the August 31st deadline? I understand one of them could replace Jason Isringhausen who was hurt in September. But, the Cards had Jose Vizcaino, Mike Rose, Jason Marquis AND Jose Sosa all active on August 31st and, to the best of my knowledge, none of them are currently hurt. I thought the only way you could add a player who was not on the active roster as of the deadline is if he was on the DL or he is replacing an injured player. Wouldn't we rather have seen Jorge Sosa come into last night's game than Josh Kinney? Given that the Mets were so passive in setting their roster (Omar Minaya was quoted as saying they weren't going to "fake" an injury) I'm wondering if the Cards got an advantage by b :evil: eing more aggressive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:14 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Suddenly, Anthony Reyes, Josh Kinney, Brad Thompson and John Rodriguez are scary?

Not to me.

8)

8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:21 pm 
Draft Pick

No, they're not scary. But I thought the reason the Mets couldn't activate Millege AND keep Floyd on the active roster was because of the "rule." Given Floyd's injury, wouldn't you rather have Milledge available than Anderson Hernandez?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 1:34 pm 
MVP

For every player who was on the MLB DL before August 31st, or if a player who was on the 25 at the deadline gets put on the DL later on, you can bring up a player who is otherwise ineligible, but only pitchers can go on for pitchers and position players for position players. St Louis can use 2 ineligible pitchers and 2 ineligible position players. The Mets don't have a single position player on the DL.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 3:11 pm 
Draft Pick

So, because the Cardinals have Mulder (P), Rincon (P), Bigbie (OF) and Ankiel (OF) on the DL as of 8/31 they were entitled to activate two ineligible pitchers and two ineligible position players. The Mets had no position players on the DL on that date so they are precluded from activating Milledge if Floyd is active. Do I have that right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 3:24 pm 
NYFS Staff

bcs32 wrote:
So, because the Cardinals have Mulder (P), Rincon (P), Bigbie (OF) and Ankiel (OF) on the DL as of 8/31 they were entitled to activate two ineligible pitchers and two ineligible position players. The Mets had no position players on the DL on that date so they are precluded from activating Milledge if Floyd is active. Do I have that right?

Yes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:01 pm 
NYFS Staff

sluger11787 wrote:
bcs32 wrote:

Yes.

pelfrey for zambrano!

WS game 2!

~Jack Burton