Switch to full style
Discuss the Mets and their minor leaguers.
Post a reply

The Ollie Posse (October 15th, 2006)

Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:47 pm

We all know he needs the winter with the Horse Whisperer and this is a year too soon. But, as we also know, our season might be resting on his shoulders (i.e., considering the prospect of winning three with Glav on short rest, Maine, and Trachsel).

Ollie is just an awesome kid whose head was completely messed up by the Spin Williamses of the world trying to turn him into Jamie Moyer. But he's just an awesome kid, and was a huge fan favorite in Pittsburgh. These folks had the OLLIE POSSE, and in the spirit of throwing ourselves into the hands of the next Koufax/Ankiel without Darren Oliver as backup, let's become the OLLIE POSSE, if only for a night.

Here's to you, Ollie.

Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:48 pm

I've got faith in the darkhorse.
time to whip up an ollie related movie avatar...

Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:48 pm

oh doo i have an idea... :)

Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:53 pm

plash ricrem wrote:oh doo i have an idea... :)

the dark knight?

Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:58 pm

hopefully we'll see a lot of this:

and not any of this:

Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:58 pm

Static wrote:
plash ricrem wrote:oh doo i have an idea... :)

the dark knight?

that might be better then the idea i have... just gotta dig up some movie posters.

Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:04 am

He needs to pitch the game of his life tomorrow.

Seriously.

Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:08 am

Nutsacjac wrote:He needs to pitch the game of his life tomorrow.

Seriously.

Agreed. I wouldn't bet anything on it, and he certainly shouldn't be in this position in 2006 ('07? sure). But I'll be rooting like crazy for the kid.

Listening to Joe and Tim you'd think they'd be surprised if he's able to make it to the rubber without breaking his neck.

Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:09 am

Look at my sig.
Post a reply