Switch to full style
Discuss the Mets and their minor leaguers.
Post a reply

Re: The NYFS Beachball

Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:06 pm

Bumpity bump bump

Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:07 pm

Bump

Make A Donation

Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:36 pm

Spring Training Bump!

Make A Donation keep the server paid for February

Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:24 pm

Curious. The goal is $3600. Is that how much it takes to run this for a month?

Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:54 pm

yalikeMetroplitans wrote:Curious. The goal is $3600. Is that how much it takes to run this for a month?

Per year I believe.

Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:58 pm

Yeesh. I know it's nice to have all the bells and whistles here, but I'd love to see if someone can set up a life raft for us to migrate to if this site falls apart (or in times it is down). Maybe on ProBoards or something free? Any thoughts?

Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:20 pm

yalikeMetroplitans wrote:Yeesh. I know it's nice to have all the bells and whistles here, but I'd love to see if someone can set up a life raft for us to migrate to if this site falls apart (or in times it is down). Maybe on ProBoards or something free? Any thoughts?

Reddit would be an idea too (it's free to create a sub reddit).

Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:14 pm

thebull wrote:
yalikeMetroplitans wrote:Curious. The goal is $3600. Is that how much it takes to run this for a month?

Per year I believe.

Right. $300/mo which during the season is mitigated by ad revenue a bit more than the offseason. Usually I cover the difference. The licensing of some of the server software we use increased last month, making it more difficult month to month. The will probably be some additional down time month to month until I can rebalance the cost and the traffic.

The goal and the year time frame help make it easier to see that it's an ongoing situation that no one person should really have to cover all the time. I'm just letting you all know it's particularly tight for me right now, but that I'm always going to try and get the site back up/keep it going.

If you guys can help a little now or donate when the site is down, etc. it's less likely to have down times and take less time for me to get caught up/back up when it does. I appreciate everyone and what they've are able to kick in. Thanks.

Ed

Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:23 am

We appreciate all you do to keep the site running, Ed.

Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:25 am

Metsfan980 wrote:
yalikeMetroplitans wrote:Yeesh. I know it's nice to have all the bells and whistles here, but I'd love to see if someone can set up a life raft for us to migrate to if this site falls apart (or in times it is down). Maybe on ProBoards or something free? Any thoughts?

Reddit would be an idea too (it's free to create a sub reddit).

I gave a Mets Reddit a try while this site was last down. It just seems so hard to navigate to me. It won't jump to the latest comments, and it's hard to keep up with every subcomment. I'm open to anything for just a life raft site, though.

Anyone good at setting that stuff up? I could try, though not sure when I'd have the time. I've never done it before.

Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:02 pm

Hey all! I’m back. I used to be on the boards a few years back, mostly in this and the amateur draft forum. My account disappeared and some site issues prevented me from creating another account but I’m back for the 2020 season. Hope all is well

Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:57 pm

Welcome back!
Post a reply