MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Reyes injury updates are annoying me
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:53 pm 
Rookie

I feel like I'm on crazy pills at this point...I know injury topics have been discussed every day already but I just cant comprehend how bizarre this all is with Reyes' injury. It seemingly started out as something that might require a short DL stint...then it became more serious. Now for the last two months we get updates that give us timetables for a return and then take away the timetable. Then we get the 'its better but he isnt testing it' update to the 'not running yet' update, to the 'once he can test his legs by running he will be close but he hasnt started running yet' update. We've also got the update from Jose himself saying he will play once he is at 80%.

When Jerry Manuel was on WFAN 2 weeks ago he seemed to be VERY confident that Jose would be back by the beginning of August, but he did not want to set it in stone because he would be criticized if the target date came and went without Reyes in the lineup.

So after all this fluctuation we STILL do not have a target date for Reyes to return, if returning is even advisable at this point. Instead, we have the wonderful update in today's Daily News which simply regurgitates the 'hasnt tested it' garbage 'still far away from returning'. C'mon now, seriously...for the sake of the Mets and my fantasy team.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:54 pm 
Legend of NYFS

The guy can't run the bases yet.

He's a long way away.

Anyone who quotes profits of a baseball club is missing the point. Under generally accepted accounting principles, I can turn a $4 million profit into a $2 million loss, and I can get every national accounting firm to agree with me. - Paul Beeston, CEO of the Toronto Blue Jays

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:57 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Someone said it today.

People have healed from broken bones faster than this.

Its obvious there have been more than 1 or 2 setbacks that they're keeping private.

Henry freakin' Blanco, who's fat as hell and like 45 yrs old, just returned from a strained hamstring in 3 weeks.

Reyes is either an all-time ridiculously slow healer, or the injury has been mis-represented publicly (obviously the latter is the 99.99% likely scenario).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:06 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Reyes' injury is annoying me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:46 pm 
Prospect

You do know he tore his hamstring like 2-3 weeks after he stopped playing on the mlb team...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:48 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Typical Reyes injury. Slowest healer ever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:51 pm 
Legend of NYFS

georgenyc wrote:
Typical Reyes injury. Slowest healer ever.

I think Reyes' true age is going to be discovered to be like 73.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:53 pm 
All Star

Well, he had leg injuries in the beginning of his Mets career then rallied off 4 years of 153+ games per. Lets hope this is just a hiccup in his career and he can rally off another 4 years of healthiness.

- 12/10/07

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:07 pm 
Fan Favorite

Maybe the mets should give reyes more milk and more flinstones gummi vitamins....
and this injury is getting absurd.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:38 pm 
Everyday Player

MarkJohnson>You wrote:
Someone said it today.

People have healed from broken bones faster than this.

That's absolutely true and not that unusual.