MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: ITBSOHL Thread
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:15 pm 
NYFS Staff

R Nitelight wrote:
I'm still baffled by this thread....

8)

Hint: Rey Ordonez

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:18 pm 
Franchise Player

I don't know if I'll be able to take this board this season. Like I said a few days ago, if we get annoyed and decide to point out every time an athlete is overly optimistic, we're going to go nuts. I, for one, am glad they're confident, rather than Josh Thole saying "Well, I hit .270 with no pop last year, so I guess I'm just not very good and probably won't contribute very much to this 65 win team."

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:50 pm 
NYFS Staff

metsrule0423 wrote:
I don't know if I'll be able to take this board this season. Like I said a few days ago, if we get annoyed and decide to point out every time an athlete is overly optimistic, we're going to go nuts. I, for one, am glad they're confident, rather than Josh Thole saying "Well, I hit .270 with no pop last year, so I guess I'm just not very good and probably won't contribute very much to this 65 win team."

I think this joke/thread would exist even if the Mets were projected to win 100 games. The "best shape of his life" thing is always funny. It's tough for writers to find stories every day in the Spring...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:10 pm 
Legend of NYFS

chinabox wrote:
metsrule0423 wrote:

I think this joke/thread would exist even if the Mets were projected to win 100 games. The "best shape of his life" thing is always funny. It's tough for writers to find stories every day in the Spring...

Not to mention its especially so when discussing a pitcher rehabbing a catastrophic shoulder injury.

But lets try it from the angle presented above:

"Oh good news on Johan about the weight loss, as we all know about the tie between the health of the anterior shoulder capsule and looking dang sexy."

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:48 pm 
Franchise Player

chinabox wrote:
metsrule0423 wrote:

This thread in particular doesn't really bother me, but there's a certain mindset on this board to look at all the negatives in any situation. I understand being realistic, I really do, and I'm not expecting Johan to throw 240 sub-2.00 ERA innings, but can't I have some faith he'll hold up? I know odds are against it, but I can't seem to open a thread without hearing about how Ike and Lucas can't hit lefties, or Johan's arm is going to fall off. I'm an optimist, I know it bothers some people, but I don't really feel like hearing about why the Mets will lose 95+ games. I get enough of that crap from Yankees fans.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:56 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Quote:
Michael Pineda reported to Yankees' camp at 280 pounds and aims to lose 10 pounds this spring.
For once, somebody is not in the best shape of his life. Pineda checked in at 6-foot-7 and 260 pounds last season, so it shouldn't be a huge challenge to get into game-shape prior to Opening Day. The 23-year-old posted a 3.74 ERA and 173/55 K/BB ratio over 171 innings as a rookie last year with the Mariners and is expected to slot behind CC Sabathia in the Yankees' rotation this season.
Source: Bryan Hoch on Twitter
Feb 17 - 4:57 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:32 pm 
NYFS Staff

R Nitelight wrote:

8)

What the heckle and jeckle is ITBSOHL?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:56 pm 
Legend of NYFS

jdawginsc wrote:
R Nitelight wrote:

8)

What the heckle and jeckle is ITBSOHL?

In The Best Shape Of His Life

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:52 pm 
NYFS Staff

Now this makes more sense.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:40 pm 
Legend of NYFS

chinabox wrote:
R Nitelight wrote:

8)

Hint: Rey Ordonez

I went there.

I thought 'S' was Stupid.

But I couldn't find the 'F' for Fans....

8)

8)

Post subject: Re: ITBSOML Thread
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:46 am 
Legend of NYFS

MarkJohnson>You wrote:
"His only weakness is also his biggest strength: he cares too much."

This is like something I write on a report card about a weak student.

Metro2007 wrote:
Quote:
Michael Pineda reported to Yankees' camp at 280 pounds and aims to lose 10 pounds this spring.
For once, somebody is not in the best shape of his life. Pineda checked in at 6-foot-7 and 260 pounds last season, so it shouldn't be a huge challenge to get into game-shape prior to Opening Day. The 23-year-old posted a 3.74 ERA and 173/55 K/BB ratio over 171 innings as a rookie last year with the Mariners and is expected to slot behind CC Sabathia in the Yankees' rotation this season.

They have to be in the running for the heaviest 1-2 in history.

Post subject: Re: ITBSOML Thread
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:53 am 
NYFS Staff

northway wrote:
MarkJohnson>You wrote:
"His only weakness is also his biggest strength: he cares too much."

This is like something I write on a report card about a weak student.

Metro2007 wrote:
Quote:

They have to be in the running for the heaviest 1-2 in history.

CC and Pineda are much taller, but when it comes to girth, two top-notch guys from my youth, Denny McLain and Mickey Lolich of the 68 World Champion Tigers didn't spend much time at the salad bar (not sure if they even had salad bars in 68, now that I think about it).

"For years now, young talent has been the source of the Mets’ sales pitch: Trust in the farm. It is the same mantra peddled by all losing teams, a convenient distraction offering optimism for a better tomorrow. The next losing team that does not talk up its farm system will be the first."--Tyler Kepner, NY Times, June 2014

--------------------------------------------------------
You can PayPal donations to donations@nyfuturestars.com

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next