MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 732 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 61  Next
 Post subject: Re: Coutinho Gold
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:51 pm 
Blue Chipper

Steve The Original wrote:
More Gold!!!

"coutinho9 If I were TC, my message would be we win as a team we lose as a team...imp to reinforce that after last night"

I don't know about anyone else, but with that advice I would run thru a wall for Rich C :-)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:14 pm 
Legend of NYFS

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/07/24/ ... ick-to-it/

This may be the most hypocritical article I've ever read, coming from the guy who advocated trading Wilmer Flores for a reliever last week, asking for 2 relievers to be acquired for weeks, and proudly boasted that the Mets were contenders all along all throughout the first half, just as he imagined, and everyone else was wrong.

Truly incredible turn of events here.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:31 pm 
Franchise Player

If the Mets made 2 strong bullpen acquisitions at the ASG (when we were 46-40), I contend we'd be 52-44 right now, instead of 47-49.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:32 pm 
Franchise Player

I also wonder what our record would be if we made the common-sense decision to cut bait with Batista MANY MOONS AGO

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:26 pm 
Legend of NYFS

jamaicanjetfan wrote:
If the Mets made 2 strong bullpen acquisitions at the ASG (when we were 46-40), I contend we'd be 52-44 right now, instead of 47-49.

Would the bullpen acquisitions have been saving Santana, Dickey, and Batista from pitching horribly during that time?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:33 pm 
Franchise Player

northway wrote:
jamaicanjetfan wrote:

Would the bullpen acquisitions have been saving Santana, Dickey, and Batista from pitching horribly during that time?

No, but our bullpen has blown about 7 of the games during this stretch, and I'm presuming one of the bullpen arms would have been at the expense of Batista.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:51 pm 
Legend of NYFS

MarkJohnson>You wrote:
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/07/24/coutinho-sandy-has-a-plan-and-must-stick-to-it/

This may be the most hypocritical article I've ever read, coming from the guy who advocated trading Wilmer Flores for a reliever last week, asking for 2 relievers to be acquired for weeks, and proudly boasted that the Mets were contenders all along all throughout the first half, just as he imagined, and everyone else was wrong.

Truly incredible turn of events here.

Quote:
He has operated as both a buyer and seller and has received maximum returns for his team when wearing either hat.

What has he bought?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:44 pm 
Manager

Scoutinho:

Quote:
coutinho9 Despite Ike's homer last night, his swings have been weird--lunging alot--better pitch selection and better counts might help

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:48 pm 
NYFS Staff

Quote:
Rich Coutinho ‏@coutinho9
When I look at this stretch, Mets have played bad but not winning any close games on trip or homestand really put the heat on them

The use of "but" makes no sense here.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:54 pm 
NYFS Staff

Quote:
Rich Coutinho ‏@coutinho9
I speak for all true Met fans when I say they have no interest in hearing from peeps who were silent when team was winning (U know who u r)

Ah, the "true Met fans" routine.

Literally the worst kind of fan.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:03 pm 
Legend of NYFS

“@coutinho9: Just as players find out what they are all about while losing, a fan can find out what they r all about in trying times like these”

Presented without comment.

I feel like Coutinho needs to get into that Met locker room tomorrow and give them the President Bill Pullman ID4 speech.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:14 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Couthino is awful.

The Wilpons are the worst owners in worldwide professional sports.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 732 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 61  Next