MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 732 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 61  Next
 Post subject: Re: Coutinho Gold
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:37 am 
Legend of NYFS

Metro2007 wrote:
MarkJohnson>You wrote:
Mets are 2 games worse this year than they were last year at this time, and 2.5 games worse than they were at this time in 2010.

#slowandsteady

#progress

Yeah but look at all of the players who will surely be regulars on the next contending team!!!

Yeah the one thing I can rest on is that the farm system is now bursting with top end talent ready to step right in, thanks to the slow and steady build.

Like....[?]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:42 am 
Legend of NYFS

Look..... bottom line is if the plan is a long term "build from within" plan then they really should be shopping guys like Dickey and Wright while their value is sky high. I know this is going to cause people to lose their minds but aggressive, proactive moves like this are how a "bad" team rebuilds.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:38 pm 
Legend of NYFS

"coutinho9 Watching matt harvey last night reaffirmed future is bright for nym building blocks r there about 1 hour ago · reply "·

Glad to know that after one start from Harvey our future is still bright and we have building blocks. Still don't know where the offense is going to come from there Rich.....

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:47 pm 
Franchise Player

Steve The Original wrote:
"coutinho9 Watching matt harvey last night reaffirmed future is bright for nym building blocks r there about 1 hour ago · reply "·

Glad to know that after one start from Harvey our future is still bright and we have building blocks. Still don't know where the offense is going to come from there Rich.....

From Harvey's at bats, duh.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:55 pm 
Legend of NYFS

jamaicanjetfan wrote:
Steve The Original wrote:

From Harvey's at bats, duh.

LOL. If pitching doesn't work out for Matt he can be Bay's replacement in Left.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:50 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Rich's paraphrase-quoting of "exclusive" interviews is weird- he makes every player sound just like Rich Coutinho.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:54 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Location: Contemplating the meaning of life, and why god made me a Mets fan
Metro2007 wrote:
Look..... bottom line is if the plan is a long term "build from within" plan then they really should be shopping guys like Dickey and Wright while their value is sky high. I know this is going to cause people to lose their minds but aggressive, proactive moves like this are how a "bad" team rebuilds.

If the plan is to trade everyone of value for "prospects", I would be one of the people losing my mind.

But enough about that nonsense....this thread needs to get back on track

Rich Coutinho wrote:
When I hear Yankee fans whine I always laugh. It is like the people who invented the color blue complaining about life

RIP uapeople

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:56 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Location: Contemplating the meaning of life, and why god made me a Mets fan
MarkJohnson>You wrote:
Rich's paraphrase-quoting of "exclusive" interviews is weird- he makes every player sound just like Rich Coutinho.

LOL

Rich Coutinho wrote:
When I hear Yankee fans whine I always laugh. It is like the people who invented the color blue complaining about life

RIP uapeople

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:58 pm 
NYFS Staff

Quote:
coutinho9 I firmly believe Tejada will be an all star at his position in the not so distant future--he has that "It Factor" winning players have.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:54 pm 
NYFS Staff

Quote:
Rich Coutinho ‏@coutinho9
How imp is halladay to phils. Without him they went 15-27. So question is is he really healthy? Imp for phils in'13

Is he really using the team's record without a starting pitcher to prove he is valuable? Because Halladay pitches every day?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:08 pm 
Legend of NYFS

dalek wrote:
Quote:
coutinho9 I firmly believe Tejada will be an all star at his position in the not so distant future--he has that "It Factor" winning players have.

How many all-stars at any position have 0 power and 0 speed?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:09 pm 
NYFS Staff

Metro2007 wrote:
dalek wrote:
Quote:

How many all-stars at any position have 0 power and 0 speed?

Pitcher is a position!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 732 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 61  Next