MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 732 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55 ... 61  Next
 Post subject: Re: Coutinho Gold
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:12 pm 
Draft Pick

ilikeike29 wrote:
‏@coutinho9 5s5 seconds ago
Wright said to me "rich I missed this pennant race stuff so much past few years and Mets fans deserve to be happy they r so loyal."

He must have been sick the day they covered quotation marks at J-school.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:07 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Location: Contemplating the meaning of life, and why god made me a Mets fan
LOL I kinda got a kick out of these two tweets coming from Rich back to back

Rich Coutinho ‏@coutinho9
In the old days before social media this Harvey thing would have been barely mentioned. Change of Times--but overall Boras the culprit

Poor choice of words by Harper about his fans--he is young but should know better--look at guys like Wright his love 4 fans ALWAYS there

Harper makes one spur of the moment comment after a game - and he should know better. Harvey saga goes on for days, he gives a drama inducing press conference when he had plenty of time to prepare but it's not his fault - it's just social media.

Yeah the old days had plenty of pitchers talking about shutting their season down early b/c of pitch counts - the only reason people care now is twitter. But Harper's comment is a problem - twitter or no twitter

Rich Coutinho wrote:
When I hear Yankee fans whine I always laugh. It is like the people who invented the color blue complaining about life

RIP uapeople

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:41 pm 
Legend of NYFS

For someone making a living on hot takes, this one may be the hottest one yet:

Rich Coutinho @coutinho9
My take on big time daily fantasy sites: Do not get sucked in by advertising--winning big $ is very rare

Next up: Rich's take on your chances of actually winning the powerball.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:21 pm 
NYFS Staff

MarkJohnson>You wrote:
For someone making a living on hot takes, this one may be the hottest one yet:

Rich Coutinho @coutinho9
My take on big time daily fantasy sites: Do not get sucked in by advertising--winning big $ is very rare

Next up: Rich's take on your chances of actually winning the powerball.

The thing I hate most about fantasy football is all the advertising for it.

We had the ESPN ad that disrupted everyone's posting lives here for a couple of weeks. And there has to be 3 or 4 different fantasy sites with ultra-heavy ad rotations on WFAN.

--------------------------------------------------------
You can PayPal donations to donations@nyfuturestars.com

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:34 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Rich really stepped up his game during this series with predictions galore (they usually ended with a Flores late HR), invocations of plenty of different Mets "angels" looking over the team from above and obscure references to Mets' seasons past, but this one has to take the cake, cuz it seemingly has it all:

Rich Coutinho @coutinho9
Up in heaven Gil hodges looking down and saying Murphy play oh yeah like shoe polish play I remember it well

I honestly had to look up what "shoe polish play" was, but now that I know what he is talking about...what the heck is he talking about!?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:08 pm 
Fan Favorite

MarkJohnson>You wrote:
Rich really stepped up his game during this series with predictions galore (they usually ended with a Flores late HR), invocations of plenty of different Mets "angels" looking over the team from above and obscure references to Mets' seasons past, but this one has to take the cake, cuz it seemingly has it all:

Rich Coutinho @coutinho9
Up in heaven Gil hodges looking down and saying Murphy play oh yeah like shoe polish play I remember it well

I honestly had to look up what "shoe polish play" was, but now that I know what he is talking about...what the heck is he talking about!?

It's not TOTALLY unprecedented.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:13 pm 
Legend of NYFS

MarkJohnson>You wrote:

Rich Coutinho @coutinho9

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDTQt8JmGL0

From Game 5 of the 1969 World Series. By the way, Murphy's play was not even close to the shoe polish play.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:10 pm 
Legend of NYFS

MarkJohnson>You wrote:

Rich Coutinho @coutinho9

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Rich Coutinho wrote:
When I hear Yankee fans whine I always laugh. It is like the people who invented the color blue complaining about life

RIP uapeople

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:00 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Peak Coutinho right here:

Rich Coutinho @coutinho9
As far as Murphy doesn't matter what you think or I think or anyone else--matters what Sandy thinks and trust me-he wants to keep him

"It doesn't matter what you or I think...but here's what I think Sandy thinks, and THAT is what matters!"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:30 pm 
Legend of NYFS

MarkJohnson>You wrote:
Peak Coutinho right here:

Rich Coutinho @coutinho9
As far as Murphy doesn't matter what you think or I think or anyone else--matters what Sandy thinks and trust me-he wants to keep him

"It doesn't matter what you or I think...but here's what I think Sandy thinks, and THAT is what matters!"

Haha. Your narrations of Rich's tweets never get old.

I also like this one from today. Another Rich classic....combines questions "other people" ask him - making sure to include his name in the question of course...amazing how they all ask questions in the same way!- while bragging about how he was right (for once in 9 yrs) and playing the "It's not about me, it's about everyone else" good guy card. Because I'm sure all those people asking Rich if he feels "vindicated" wouldn't otherwise give credit to the team

I've been asked all year why are u so optimistic Rich? Do I feel vindicated? No just happy for team and fans-players deserve all credit

Rich Coutinho wrote:

RIP uapeople

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:32 pm 
Legend of NYFS

"No guys, please. I don't want to distract from the team. I couldn't have gotten the Mets where they are without the help of those guys in the uniform."

He's the Daniel Murphy of the (sort-of) mainstream media!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:48 pm 
Legend of NYFS

@coutinho9: Geico commercials are generally funny but I think they jumped the shark with the Peter Pan spot It is pretty bad

I don't know why but i think I laughed harder at reading this tweet than any previous one.

The only thing that could've made this better is if it were prefaced with "At Dunkin today in line follower asked me Rich what do you think about the new Geico commercials"!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 732 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55 ... 61  Next