MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 732 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Coutinho Gold
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:05 am 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:36 pm
Posts: 25896
Location: Contemplating the meaning of life, and why god made me a Mets fan
Quote:

@coutinho9
as reported by Ken Rosenthal toddler Frazier to sign pending physical 2 tear deal with mets


At least Rich is still around to bring joy

_________________
MarkJohnson>You wrote:
"Wright is greedy" is easily the worst take in the recent history of Mets fandom, and there have been some bad takes in Mets fandom.

Rich Coutinho wrote:
When I hear Yankee fans whine I always laugh. It is like the people who invented the color blue complaining about life


RIP uapeople


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Coutinho Gold
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:28 am 
User avatar
Online
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:56 pm
Posts: 60672
MetGirl5 wrote:
Quote:

@coutinho9
as reported by Ken Rosenthal toddler Frazier to sign pending physical 2 tear deal with mets


At least Rich is still around to bring joy


Now it’s CONFIRMED.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Coutinho Gold
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:36 am 
User avatar
Online
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:11 am
Posts: 23561
Location: NYC
While this is really not my space, I did find the tweet below pretty amusing since Callaway's excessive use of platitudes so far is making him seem somewhat less than completely genuine at the moment. Granted it's Callaway's first managerial gig and so he's naturally enthusiastic, but he can't really believe 100% of what he's been saying thus far.

Quote:
@coutinho9
18h18 hours ago
More
Callaway first press conference a rousing success. if I could describe him in one word it would genuine. His approach was honesty and great to see..I am going to enjoy dealing with him and understand I might learn stuff about game from him


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Coutinho Gold
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:20 am 
User avatar
Online
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:56 pm
Posts: 60672
HeyNowHK wrote:
While this is really not my space, I did find the tweet below pretty amusing since Callaway's excessive use of platitudes so far is making him seem somewhat less than completely genuine at the moment. Granted it's Callaway's first managerial gig and so he's naturally enthusiastic, but he can't really believe 100% of what he's been saying thus far.

Quote:
@coutinho9
18h18 hours ago
More
Callaway first press conference a rousing success. if I could describe him in one word it would genuine. His approach was honesty and great to see..I am going to enjoy dealing with him and understand I might learn stuff about game from him


If him calling himself and his coaching staff the best in the game is "genuine" and "honesty" when most of them have little to no experience in their current roles, I would say you'd have to also note he's extremely boastful to the point of narcissism.

I think Rich used his random positive adjective generator and it spit out the wrong words. Normally when you describe a press conference as "genuine" and "honest" it tends to indicate someone was forthright about weaknesses and shortcomings. E.g., "Our pitching staff had an awful year last year, there's no doubt about that. We're going to work hard to ensure those guys get back to where we know they can be" not "I've never seen a better group of pitchers EVER" when describing the worst staff in the NL last year.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Coutinho Gold
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:20 pm 
User avatar
Online
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:56 pm
Posts: 60672
"Genuine and Honest"

Anthony DiComo @AnthonyDiComo
10s
Mickey Callaway says he believes Mets shortstop Amed Rosario is "right on par with" Indians All-Star Francisco Lindor in terms of raw ability.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Coutinho Gold
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:39 pm 
User avatar
Online
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:16 pm
Posts: 12630
MarkJohnson>You wrote:
"Genuine and Honest"

Anthony DiComo @AnthonyDiComo
10s
Mickey Callaway says he believes Mets shortstop Amed Rosario is "right on par with" Indians All-Star Francisco Lindor in terms of raw ability.


I think we'd all be hugely disappointed with Rosario if he didn't come close to being on a par with Lindor. I mean if no one saw perennial all star SS in Rosario coming up then we were sold a bill of goods. I see nothing wrong with what Callaway said. Now if he said Seth Lugo was right on par with Corey Kluber, then I would have an issue with him being "genuine" and "honest."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Coutinho Gold
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:47 pm 
User avatar
Online
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:56 pm
Posts: 60672
Steve The Original wrote:
MarkJohnson>You wrote:
"Genuine and Honest"

Anthony DiComo @AnthonyDiComo
10s
Mickey Callaway says he believes Mets shortstop Amed Rosario is "right on par with" Indians All-Star Francisco Lindor in terms of raw ability.


I think we'd all be hugely disappointed with Rosario if he didn't come close to being on a par with Lindor. I mean if no one saw perennial all star SS in Rosario coming up then we were sold a bill of goods. I see nothing wrong with what Callaway said. Now if he said Seth Lugo was right on par with Corey Kluber, then I would have an issue with him being "genuine" and "honest."


Whoa boy.

Lindor first season, age 21: 4.4 fWAR, 126 wRC+, in 99 games.

Good luck, kid.

(Rosario is not coming close to that this year, I promise)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Coutinho Gold
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:17 pm 
User avatar
Online
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:11 am
Posts: 23561
Location: NYC
Steve The Original wrote:
MarkJohnson>You wrote:
"Genuine and Honest"

Anthony DiComo @AnthonyDiComo
10s
Mickey Callaway says he believes Mets shortstop Amed Rosario is "right on par with" Indians All-Star Francisco Lindor in terms of raw ability.


I think we'd all be hugely disappointed with Rosario if he didn't come close to being on a par with Lindor. I mean if no one saw perennial all star SS in Rosario coming up then we were sold a bill of goods. I see nothing wrong with what Callaway said. Now if he said Seth Lugo was right on par with Corey Kluber, then I would have an issue with him being "genuine" and "honest."

I was certainly guilty of pumping the Lindor comps a year ago, but in all due rationality, Rosario is going to have to show a lot more plate discipline in order to make this comp believable and even then, he's got a lot of ground to make up. And let's not forget that Lindor has > 16 war in less than 3 full seasons. He's been a monster right away. I think if Rosario gets himself into 3 win per season range in the early part of his career, we should all be pretty happy.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Coutinho Gold
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:15 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Manager

Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:36 pm
Posts: 6817
Comparing ‘ability’ is always a slippery slope. A lot of guys have raw tools that never translate into actual baseball skill. I remember when Fernando Martinez was a five tool guy.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Coutinho Gold
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:34 am 
Offline
Veteran Presence

Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:25 pm
Posts: 4782
Believe Lindor and Rosario stars were similar thru their first 46 games.

_________________
eternal optimist

You will be missed Carlos!

Remember Met fans, every trade is different and independent from the rest. TIS...Trust in Sandy!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Coutinho Gold
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:26 pm 
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:09 am
Posts: 12557
Location: Somebody's stolen my avatar
Mogriffjr wrote:
Believe Lindor and Rosario stars were similar thru their first 46 games.


That's an interesting point.

Lindsor's first 21 games: .205 .239 .253 .492 90 PAs, 4 walks, 19Ks, 1 homer. - that was his low point, .250 babip too.

Rosario's first 20 games (he hit a homer game 21), 20 was a similar low point for him. 243 .264 .400 .664, 72 PAs, 1 walk, 24 Ks, 2 homers. .331 babip.

Lindsor game 22-46: .311 .339 .485 .825, 4 homers, just 17 Ks in 112 PAs. .337 babip.

Rosario, game 21-46, .253 .276 .389 .665, .324 babip, 2 homers, 25 Ks in 98 PAs.


Lindsor the rest of the way his rookie year, .358 .404 .574 with a .391 babip.

Lindsor's first 21 games were awful, but after that he hit like a stud/leadoff hitter type we can only dream about. Rosario Ks more and Walks less. It's a tough comparison to make. Not that he couldn't get there, but looking at the numbers, I don't see a good case for comparable, even in their first 46 PAs.

_________________
"Anyone who can’t hear the difference between wood and concrete must be blind."

- Yogi.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Coutinho Gold
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:53 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:56 pm
Posts: 29619
Location: Danbury, CT
He said raw ability.
Rosario's got a toolshed of raw abilities.
Outcome TBD, but...

_________________
Terry Collins cost the Mets a World Series title.

The Wilpons are the worst owners in worldwide professional sports.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 732 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: acerimusdux, Chin Music, Daaaarryyl, Genmet, Google Adsense [Bot], HeyNowHK, Hilltop, luciferase, MarkJohnson>You, maxlongstreet, MaxV, MrBreeze, Munky00, piazzafan, SergioTheLittleMan, SHPIDA, sluger11787, Steve The Original, ya gotta believe, zaknim and 162 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group


FIND AN AA MEETING | SUICIDE DEPRESSION ADDICTION HELP | BOOK REVIEWS EDITORIAL BEST SELLERS | LOCAL DOCTORS HOSPITAL EMERGENCY CARE | LOCAL LIVE MUSIC OPEN MIC JAM | FIND YOUR CONGRESSMAN AND WHERE TO VOTE | WOMEN VETERANS HELP SUPPORT | PET FRIENDLY PARKS HOTELS | SOLAR WIND RENEWABLE POWER | FILE TAX RETURN ATTORNEY | 4G SEO SMART PHONES TABLET WEB | BIRTHDAY PARTY RENTAL CHARACTERS | HOMES APARTMENTS FOR SALE OR RENT | SPORT COURT GYM FITNESS CLUB TRACK FIELD | GET HEALTH LIFE AUTO HOME INSURANCE QUOTE | VETERAN TIPS ON CRAFT DIY RECIPES | FIND ATM BRANCH CONSOLIDATION STUDENT CREDIT LOAN RATES | LOCAL NEWS AND RSS FEEDS | CHRISTMAS BLACK FRIDAY BACK TO SCHOOL SALE | LATEST E NEWS ON MOVIES TV GAMES GIFTS BOOKS | LAST MINUTE ANNIVERSARY BIRTHDAY HOUSE WARMING GIFTS | LOCAL ARTS CRAFTS SUPPLY STORE | LOCAL LINKS TO RESTAURANTS AIRPORTS DRUG STORES | DRUG OXY OPIATE ALCOHOL PHYSICAL REHAB LOCAL NEW OR USED BOOK STORE | KNICKS BLOG FORUM BOARDS | © Untraditional Media