MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 732 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61
 Post subject: Re: Coutinho Gold
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:05 am 
Legend of NYFS

Location: Contemplating the meaning of life, and why god made me a Mets fan
Quote:

@coutinho9
as reported by Ken Rosenthal toddler Frazier to sign pending physical 2 tear deal with mets

At least Rich is still around to bring joy

Rich Coutinho wrote:
When I hear Yankee fans whine I always laugh. It is like the people who invented the color blue complaining about life

RIP uapeople

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:28 am 
Legend of NYFS

MetGirl5 wrote:
Quote:

@coutinho9
as reported by Ken Rosenthal toddler Frazier to sign pending physical 2 tear deal with mets

At least Rich is still around to bring joy

Now it’s CONFIRMED.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:36 am 
Legend of NYFS

While this is really not my space, I did find the tweet below pretty amusing since Callaway's excessive use of platitudes so far is making him seem somewhat less than completely genuine at the moment. Granted it's Callaway's first managerial gig and so he's naturally enthusiastic, but he can't really believe 100% of what he's been saying thus far.

Quote:
@coutinho9
18h18 hours ago
More
Callaway first press conference a rousing success. if I could describe him in one word it would genuine. His approach was honesty and great to see..I am going to enjoy dealing with him and understand I might learn stuff about game from him

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:20 am 
Legend of NYFS

HeyNowHK wrote:
While this is really not my space, I did find the tweet below pretty amusing since Callaway's excessive use of platitudes so far is making him seem somewhat less than completely genuine at the moment. Granted it's Callaway's first managerial gig and so he's naturally enthusiastic, but he can't really believe 100% of what he's been saying thus far.

Quote:
@coutinho9
18h18 hours ago
More
Callaway first press conference a rousing success. if I could describe him in one word it would genuine. His approach was honesty and great to see..I am going to enjoy dealing with him and understand I might learn stuff about game from him

If him calling himself and his coaching staff the best in the game is "genuine" and "honesty" when most of them have little to no experience in their current roles, I would say you'd have to also note he's extremely boastful to the point of narcissism.

I think Rich used his random positive adjective generator and it spit out the wrong words. Normally when you describe a press conference as "genuine" and "honest" it tends to indicate someone was forthright about weaknesses and shortcomings. E.g., "Our pitching staff had an awful year last year, there's no doubt about that. We're going to work hard to ensure those guys get back to where we know they can be" not "I've never seen a better group of pitchers EVER" when describing the worst staff in the NL last year.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:20 pm 
Legend of NYFS

"Genuine and Honest"

Anthony DiComo @AnthonyDiComo
10s
Mickey Callaway says he believes Mets shortstop Amed Rosario is "right on par with" Indians All-Star Francisco Lindor in terms of raw ability.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:39 pm 
Legend of NYFS

MarkJohnson>You wrote:
"Genuine and Honest"

10s
Mickey Callaway says he believes Mets shortstop Amed Rosario is "right on par with" Indians All-Star Francisco Lindor in terms of raw ability.

I think we'd all be hugely disappointed with Rosario if he didn't come close to being on a par with Lindor. I mean if no one saw perennial all star SS in Rosario coming up then we were sold a bill of goods. I see nothing wrong with what Callaway said. Now if he said Seth Lugo was right on par with Corey Kluber, then I would have an issue with him being "genuine" and "honest."

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:47 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Steve The Original wrote:
MarkJohnson>You wrote:
"Genuine and Honest"

10s

I think we'd all be hugely disappointed with Rosario if he didn't come close to being on a par with Lindor. I mean if no one saw perennial all star SS in Rosario coming up then we were sold a bill of goods. I see nothing wrong with what Callaway said. Now if he said Seth Lugo was right on par with Corey Kluber, then I would have an issue with him being "genuine" and "honest."

Whoa boy.

Lindor first season, age 21: 4.4 fWAR, 126 wRC+, in 99 games.

Good luck, kid.

(Rosario is not coming close to that this year, I promise)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:17 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Steve The Original wrote:
MarkJohnson>You wrote:
"Genuine and Honest"

10s

I was certainly guilty of pumping the Lindor comps a year ago, but in all due rationality, Rosario is going to have to show a lot more plate discipline in order to make this comp believable and even then, he's got a lot of ground to make up. And let's not forget that Lindor has > 16 war in less than 3 full seasons. He's been a monster right away. I think if Rosario gets himself into 3 win per season range in the early part of his career, we should all be pretty happy.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:15 pm 
Manager

Comparing ‘ability’ is always a slippery slope. A lot of guys have raw tools that never translate into actual baseball skill. I remember when Fernando Martinez was a five tool guy.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:34 am 
Veteran Presence

Believe Lindor and Rosario stars were similar thru their first 46 games.

You will be missed Carlos!

Remember Met fans, every trade is different and independent from the rest. TIS...Trust in Sandy!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:26 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Mogriffjr wrote:
Believe Lindor and Rosario stars were similar thru their first 46 games.

That's an interesting point.

Lindsor's first 21 games: .205 .239 .253 .492 90 PAs, 4 walks, 19Ks, 1 homer. - that was his low point, .250 babip too.

Rosario's first 20 games (he hit a homer game 21), 20 was a similar low point for him. 243 .264 .400 .664, 72 PAs, 1 walk, 24 Ks, 2 homers. .331 babip.

Lindsor game 22-46: .311 .339 .485 .825, 4 homers, just 17 Ks in 112 PAs. .337 babip.

Rosario, game 21-46, .253 .276 .389 .665, .324 babip, 2 homers, 25 Ks in 98 PAs.

Lindsor the rest of the way his rookie year, .358 .404 .574 with a .391 babip.

Lindsor's first 21 games were awful, but after that he hit like a stud/leadoff hitter type we can only dream about. Rosario Ks more and Walks less. It's a tough comparison to make. Not that he couldn't get there, but looking at the numbers, I don't see a good case for comparable, even in their first 46 PAs.

- Yogi.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:53 pm 
Legend of NYFS

He said raw ability.
Rosario's got a toolshed of raw abilities.
Outcome TBD, but...

The Wilpons are the worst owners in worldwide professional sports.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 732 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61