MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: BP ranks Mets farm system 5th
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:48 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Practically A Wilpon

Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:52 pm
Posts: 9255
Only the Cubs, Twins, Dodgers, and Rangers are ranked ahead of the Mets.

They list Vegas as a must-see affiliate.

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/artic ... leid=25592


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: BP ranks Mets farm system 5th
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:07 pm 
User avatar
Offline
NYFS Staff

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:15 pm
Posts: 39530
Location: The District
Now if only Vegas would update their television feed.

_________________
“Patience is not a virtue unless you take advantage of it by exercising it well,” Alderson said. “Patience is only part of a strategy.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: BP ranks Mets farm system 5th
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:07 pm 
User avatar
Offline
MVP

Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:38 pm
Posts: 2642
Hopefully the strong AAA team helps the Mets get an affiliate in a better league.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: BP ranks Mets farm system 5th
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:58 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:56 pm
Posts: 63423
ilikeike29 wrote:
Only the Cubs, Twins, Dodgers, and Rangers are ranked ahead of the Mets.

They list Vegas as a must-see affiliate.

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/artic ... leid=25592


Unfortunately, 50% of the time you literally can't, unless by "see" you mean "follow specs darting around a field on a second or two delay from the words of Russ Langer."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: BP ranks Mets farm system 5th
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:08 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Practically A Wilpon

Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:52 pm
Posts: 9255
I'm actually going to have milb.tv for the first time this year, so I will soon understand what you guys are talking about. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: BP ranks Mets farm system 5th
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:12 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:56 pm
Posts: 63423
ilikeike29 wrote:
I'm actually going to have milb.tv for the first time this year, so I will soon understand what you guys are talking about. :lol:


Think about what a ballgame would look like if you were watching it from the top of a tall skyscraper behind the stadium with no binoculars or like-visual aid, and also you had horse-like peripheral blinders on so that if, say, there was a ball hit to the left field corner you would not be able to adjust your vision to follow such ball.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: BP ranks Mets farm system 5th
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:37 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Practically A Wilpon

Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:52 pm
Posts: 9255
MarkJohnson>You wrote:
ilikeike29 wrote:
I'm actually going to have milb.tv for the first time this year, so I will soon understand what you guys are talking about. :lol:


Think about what a ballgame would look like if you were watching it from the top of a tall skyscraper behind the stadium with no binoculars or like-visual aid, and also you had horse-like peripheral blinders on so that if, say, there was a ball hit to the left field corner you would not be able to adjust your vision to follow such ball.

:lol: :lol:

Are away games any better?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: BP ranks Mets farm system 5th
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:54 am 
User avatar
Offline
Manager

Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:54 pm
Posts: 6660
Location: Vero Beach, FL
ilikeike29 wrote:
Are away games any better?


Yes, some of the stadiums have decent broadcasts. It's just Vegas which is awful.

Sometimes one of the Savannah games will be at a road team that has video, and it looks even the SAL teams that do this do a better job than Vegas. And Buffalo when the Mets were there was actually good.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: BP ranks Mets farm system 5th
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:12 am 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:01 am
Posts: 25134
Location: Harlem
acerimusdux wrote:
ilikeike29 wrote:
Are away games any better?


Yes, some of the stadiums have decent broadcasts. It's just Vegas which is awful.

Sometimes one of the Savannah games will be at a road team that has video, and it looks even the SAL teams that do this do a better job than Vegas. And Buffalo when the Mets were there was actually good.


NESN has a lot of the Paw Sox broadcasts and the quality is basically that of MLB circa 1998, prior to the mini-cams being installed everywhere imaginable. Too bad the Mets don't have a sports network where they could broadcast games like that to deepen the fan experience....

_________________
Baseball has a way of ripping your ❤️ out, stabbing it, putting it back in your chest, then healing itself just in time for Spring Training. - Thor


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: BP ranks Mets farm system 5th
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:28 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:16 pm
Posts: 13392
ilikeike29 wrote:
Only the Cubs, Twins, Dodgers, and Rangers are ranked ahead of the Mets.

They list Vegas as a must-see affiliate.

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/artic ... leid=25592


Guess that means the Dodgers are out on Moncada because clearly only teams with weak farm systems pursue these kinds of players. #-o


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: BP ranks Mets farm system 5th
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:50 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Veteran Presence

Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:31 am
Posts: 4278
Location: Fairview Township, PA
Are there even options back east in AAA after this year?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Chin Music, Google Adsense [Bot], LTKfRGM and 139 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group


FIND AN AA MEETING | SUICIDE DEPRESSION ADDICTION HELP | BOOK REVIEWS EDITORIAL BEST SELLERS | LOCAL DOCTORS HOSPITAL EMERGENCY CARE | LOCAL LIVE MUSIC OPEN MIC JAM | FIND YOUR CONGRESSMAN AND WHERE TO VOTE | WOMEN VETERANS HELP SUPPORT | PET FRIENDLY PARKS HOTELS | SOLAR WIND RENEWABLE POWER | FILE TAX RETURN ATTORNEY | 4G SEO SMART PHONES TABLET WEB | BIRTHDAY PARTY RENTAL CHARACTERS | HOMES APARTMENTS FOR SALE OR RENT | SPORT COURT GYM FITNESS CLUB TRACK FIELD | GET HEALTH LIFE AUTO HOME INSURANCE QUOTE | VETERAN TIPS ON CRAFT DIY RECIPES | FIND ATM BRANCH CONSOLIDATION STUDENT CREDIT LOAN RATES | LOCAL NEWS AND RSS FEEDS | CHRISTMAS BLACK FRIDAY BACK TO SCHOOL SALE | LATEST E NEWS ON MOVIES TV GAMES GIFTS BOOKS | LAST MINUTE ANNIVERSARY BIRTHDAY HOUSE WARMING GIFTS | LOCAL ARTS CRAFTS SUPPLY STORE | LOCAL LINKS TO RESTAURANTS AIRPORTS DRUG STORES | DRUG OXY OPIATE ALCOHOL PHYSICAL REHAB LOCAL NEW OR USED BOOK STORE | KNICKS BLOG FORUM BOARDS | © Untraditional Media