Switch to full style
Discuss the Mets and their minor leaguers.
Post a reply

Re: The OFFICIAL pre-2017 season NYFS Top 50 Prospects

Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:33 pm

Sure there's a chance but that applies to nearly every low level pitching prospect. That concern is valid with the arm angle but I am more optimistic than Logenhagen is. People said the same about Josh Hader for years.

Re: The OFFICIAL pre-2017 season NYFS Top 50 Prospects

Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:36 pm

ilikeike29 wrote:Sure there's a chance but that applies to nearly every low level pitching prospect. That concern is valid with the arm angle but I am more optimistic than Logenhagen is. People said the same about Josh Hader for years.



In fairness there are those who still think Hader is a reliever going forward.

Re: The OFFICIAL pre-2017 season NYFS Top 50 Prospects

Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:38 pm

Metro2007 wrote:
ilikeike29 wrote:Sure there's a chance but that applies to nearly every low level pitching prospect. That concern is valid with the arm angle but I am more optimistic than Logenhagen is. People said the same about Josh Hader for years.



In fairness there are those who still think Hader is a reliever going forward.

Hader is going to be a beast. I would target him as a deep sleeper in fantasy drafts this year.

Re: The OFFICIAL pre-2017 season NYFS Top 50 Prospects

Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:39 pm

ilikeike29 wrote:Sure there's a chance but that applies to nearly every low level pitching prospect. That concern is valid with the arm angle but I am more optimistic than Logenhagen is. People said the same about Josh Hader for years.

I respect Longenhagen and so that's the only reason I posted it. But yeah, he prob has had limited exposure to Puck.

Re: The OFFICIAL pre-2017 season NYFS Top 50 Prospects

Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:10 pm

HeyNowHK wrote:
ilikeike29 wrote:Sure there's a chance but that applies to nearly every low level pitching prospect. That concern is valid with the arm angle but I am more optimistic than Logenhagen is. People said the same about Josh Hader for years.

I respect Longenhagen and so that's the only reason I posted it. But yeah, he prob has had limited exposure to Puck.


Yeah, no shade, I just don't think it's much of a hot take when a guy calls out a short-season prep draftee as a likely reliever.

Re: The OFFICIAL pre-2017 season NYFS Top 50 Prospects

Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:13 pm

I'm still sold that this system should rank right about #10, and as I've said before, that's quite good when you consider the Mets have gotten there without the benefits of being drastic sellers, blowing up their international bonuses, or three years of tanking.

I think the depth is so good in fact, that this list only gets stronger as it extends towards 75, as we would likely find this area to be jammed to the gills with many of the system's newest names. Names that certainly all have their question marks, but I still think bulk up the system very nicely with some patience.

Re: The OFFICIAL pre-2017 season NYFS Top 50 Prospects

Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:44 pm

Guys, can we talk about the real victory here? We made it fifty rounds without the internet anointing Tim Tebow one of our top 50 prospects.

Re: The OFFICIAL pre-2017 season NYFS Top 50 Prospects

Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:53 pm

I have absolutely nothing against Tim Tebow and I hope he shocks us but there is no way he's a top 50 prospect as of today. I mean if I told you the Mets signed another top college football player/athlete same age, same track record would he be top 50? Would be really cool if Tebow even holds his own but we "snubbed" Taijeron who is basically the dream scenario for Tebow is he not?

Re: The OFFICIAL pre-2017 season NYFS Top 50 Prospects

Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:56 pm

northway wrote:Guys, can we talk about the real victory here? We made it fifty rounds without the internet anointing Tim Tebow one of our top 50 prospects.


No but it did rank something called "Eudor Garcia" in there.

Re: The OFFICIAL pre-2017 season NYFS Top 50 Prospects

Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:19 pm

Metro2007 wrote:I have absolutely nothing against Tim Tebow and I hope he shocks us but there is no way he's a top 50 prospect as of today. I mean if I told you the Mets signed another top college football player/athlete same age, same track record would he be top 50? Would be really cool if Tebow even holds his own but we "snubbed" Taijeron who is basically the dream scenario for Tebow is he not?


I'll buy a Tebow jersey if he becomes even a poor man's Travis Taijeron.

Re: The OFFICIAL pre-2017 season NYFS Top 50 Prospects

Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:34 pm

Wow, just noticed Taijeron didn't make it. Yea, thats a foul up. He's a guy that likely at least gets a cup of coffee with someone in his career.

Re: The OFFICIAL pre-2017 season NYFS Top 50 Prospects

Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:37 pm

Ralf wrote:Wow, just noticed Taijeron didn't make it. Yea, thats a foul up. He's a guy that likely at least gets a cup of coffee with someone in his career.



Agreed. He has 2 tools (power and arm) and has MAJOR flaws but he's literally a step from the bigs and who says he can't knocked a few over the wall ala Mike Jacobs during his magical run? At this point it would be pretty surprising if Taijeron didn't at least see a few MLB Ab's in his career (unless he grows frustrated and heads to Japan/Korea).
Post a reply