MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The OFFICIAL pre-2017 season NYFS Top 50 Prospects
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:33 am 
Offline
Draft Pick

Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:38 pm
Posts: 90
Metro2007 wrote:
Here is the exact Oswalt quote

"Honestly have no idea how he got outs this year
Like it's fine for AA"

-Called Paez and Woodmansee non-prospects and Thompson an "extra" player

-Stajduhar "awful"

-Winnaker "meh"

-Brodey "I like okay"


Like I'm sure the year was mostly a fluke, but Oswalt didn't just get outs, he was by far the best pitcher in the EL. It was a good enough season to at least be organizationally Top 15 even if the floor is an up-and-down guy. I'm pretty interested to see how he does in Vegas.

Thompson should just be an extra guy but given our weakness at 3B I'm sure he'll get a chance at some point.

Brodey is boring. What's the hope there? That he turns into another Kazcmarski?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The OFFICIAL pre-2017 season NYFS Top 50 Prospects
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:36 am 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:56 pm
Posts: 59192
Hot Takes wrote:
Metro2007 wrote:
Here is the exact Oswalt quote

"Honestly have no idea how he got outs this year
Like it's fine for AA"

-Called Paez and Woodmansee non-prospects and Thompson an "extra" player

-Stajduhar "awful"

-Winnaker "meh"

-Brodey "I like okay"


Like I'm sure the year was mostly a fluke, but Oswalt didn't just get outs, he was by far the best pitcher in the EL. It was a good enough season to at least be organizationally Top 15 even if the floor is an up-and-down guy. I'm pretty interested to see how he does in Vegas.

Thompson should just be an extra guy but given our weakness at 3B I'm sure he'll get a chance at some point.

Brodey is boring. What's the hope there? That he turns into another Kazcmarski?


Only because Chris Flexen got bumped up to MLB. And, uh, based on that, I'm fairly certain EL success doesn't necessarily mean anything if the scouting reports don't back it up.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The OFFICIAL pre-2017 season NYFS Top 50 Prospects
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:43 am 
User avatar
Online
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:57 pm
Posts: 80768
Location: New York, NY
Is there really nothing the Mets can do organizationally to help improve the diet/eating habits of some of these guys? I mean Dom Smith and Alonso both managed to pack on "significant" weight. I heard off the record that Dom (and others) would "pack away" fries and chicken fingers like it was going out of style. Flexen doesn't look particularly fit, Evans looks "out of shape", is there nothing they can do?

_________________
Twit-@Wexlerrules
Staunch anti-BADP (Batting average dependent players)
Pronounced "Dar-No"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The OFFICIAL pre-2017 season NYFS Top 50 Prospects
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:16 am 
Offline
Draft Pick

Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:38 pm
Posts: 90
MarkJohnson>You wrote:
Hot Takes wrote:
Metro2007 wrote:
Here is the exact Oswalt quote

"Honestly have no idea how he got outs this year
Like it's fine for AA"

-Called Paez and Woodmansee non-prospects and Thompson an "extra" player

-Stajduhar "awful"

-Winnaker "meh"

-Brodey "I like okay"


Like I'm sure the year was mostly a fluke, but Oswalt didn't just get outs, he was by far the best pitcher in the EL. It was a good enough season to at least be organizationally Top 15 even if the floor is an up-and-down guy. I'm pretty interested to see how he does in Vegas.

Thompson should just be an extra guy but given our weakness at 3B I'm sure he'll get a chance at some point.

Brodey is boring. What's the hope there? That he turns into another Kazcmarski?


Only because Chris Flexen got bumped up to MLB. And, uh, based on that, I'm fairly certain EL success doesn't necessarily mean anything if the scouting reports don't back it up.


Not arguing that he's destined for greatness, but a full season where his peripherals were exactly in line with career norms (and not a seven start stretch with an extremely flukey walk rate way below career norms) is more than enough to justify a Top 15 ranking in a weak system.

He might be Jeremy Hefner but he's the only starter in full season ball who stayed mostly healthy and had a positive year.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The OFFICIAL pre-2017 season NYFS Top 50 Prospects
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:18 am 
User avatar
Online
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:57 pm
Posts: 80768
Location: New York, NY
Way too early to call but the 2018 draft on paper does not look particularly strong on high end NCAA bats.

_________________
Twit-@Wexlerrules
Staunch anti-BADP (Batting average dependent players)
Pronounced "Dar-No"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The OFFICIAL pre-2017 season NYFS Top 50 Prospects
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:34 am 
User avatar
Offline
Practically A Wilpon

Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:52 pm
Posts: 9255
Metro2007 wrote:
Way too early to call but the 2018 draft on paper does not look particularly strong on high end NCAA bats.

There's not a runaway guy but it is a good class. Definitely better than 2017.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The OFFICIAL pre-2017 season NYFS Top 50 Prospects
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:42 am 
User avatar
Online
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:57 pm
Posts: 80768
Location: New York, NY
ilikeike29 wrote:
Metro2007 wrote:
Way too early to call but the 2018 draft on paper does not look particularly strong on high end NCAA bats.

There's not a runaway guy but it is a good class. Definitely better than 2017.



In fairness 2017 didn't have high end NCAA bats either. Top 20 picks 4 college position players and "none" in the top 5 unless you consider McKay a position player. BA had Madrigal as their top college position player, a 5'7 SS/2b. Beer is probably 1b only, Luken Baker same thing. Not really sure I see a college hitter I'd be happy taking top 5-6.

_________________
Twit-@Wexlerrules
Staunch anti-BADP (Batting average dependent players)
Pronounced "Dar-No"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The OFFICIAL pre-2017 season NYFS Top 50 Prospects
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:43 am 
User avatar
Online
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:57 pm
Posts: 80768
Location: New York, NY
MLBmockdraft has 0 non-1b NCAA bats going in their top 11 picks http://www.mymlbdraft.com/MLB-Mock-Draft

_________________
Twit-@Wexlerrules
Staunch anti-BADP (Batting average dependent players)
Pronounced "Dar-No"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The OFFICIAL pre-2017 season NYFS Top 50 Prospects
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:45 am 
User avatar
Online
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:57 pm
Posts: 80768
Location: New York, NY
As of June Callis had 1 NCAA 1b going top 10 with Madrigal the only non-1b going top 10

"10. Cardinals (30-35): Nick Madrigal, 2B/SS, Oregon State
The sparkplug of the 54-4 Beavers' No. 1-ranked team may be just 5-foot-7 and 161 pounds, but he hits line drives, steals bases and is a sure-handed defender."

_________________
Twit-@Wexlerrules
Staunch anti-BADP (Batting average dependent players)
Pronounced "Dar-No"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The OFFICIAL pre-2017 season NYFS Top 50 Prospects
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:46 am 
User avatar
Online
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:57 pm
Posts: 80768
Location: New York, NY
This site also has very few college bats going extremely early (not familiar with this site) http://draftutopia.com/2018mlbmockdraft.html

_________________
Twit-@Wexlerrules
Staunch anti-BADP (Batting average dependent players)
Pronounced "Dar-No"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The OFFICIAL pre-2017 season NYFS Top 50 Prospects
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:49 am 
User avatar
Online
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:57 pm
Posts: 80768
Location: New York, NY
This site has 1 NCAA hitter going top 10 (Beer), 3 in the top 15

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2715 ... -prospects

_________________
Twit-@Wexlerrules
Staunch anti-BADP (Batting average dependent players)
Pronounced "Dar-No"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The OFFICIAL pre-2017 season NYFS Top 50 Prospects
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:59 am 
User avatar
Offline
Practically A Wilpon

Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:52 pm
Posts: 9255
I don't agree with those links. I also don't think Beer is a first rounder.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Laxin, Metro2007, ndfordarling, SergioTheLittleMan and 112 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group


SUPPORT NYFS VIA OUR NETWORK OF SITES: FIND AN AA MEETING | FIND A JOB NEAR YOU | SUICIDE DEPRESSION ADDICTION HELP | BOOK REVIEWS EDITORIAL | LOCAL DOCTORS HOSPITAL EMERGENCY CARE | HOME REPAIR CONTRACTOR BUILDER AC HEAT | LOCAL LIVE MUSIC OPEN MIC JAM | FIND YOUR CONGRESSMAN AND WHERE TO VOTE | WOMEN VETERANS HELP SUPPORT AND RESOURCES | THE SOULCIALISTS LIVE LOCAL PIANO MUSIC TREASURE COAST | PET FRIENDLY PARKS HOTELS | SOLAR WIND RENEWABLE POWER | FILE TAX RETURN ATTORNEY | 4G SEO SMART PHONES TABLET WEB | BIRTHDAY PARTY RENTAL CHARACTERS | HOMES APARTMENTS FOR SALE OR RENT NEAR YOU | SPORT COURT GYM FITNESS CLUB TRACK FIELD | GOLF BEACH RESORT HOTELS RESTAURANTS BED BREAKFAST | HEALTH LIFE AUTO HOME INSURANCE QUOTE | METRO BUS TRAIN SUBWAY AIRPORT HELIPORT | VETERAN TIPS CRAFT DIY RECIPES | ATM BRANCH CONSOLIDATION STUDENT CREDIT LOAN RATES | LOCAL NEWS AND RSS FEEDS | CHRISTMAS BLACK FRIDAY BACK TO SCHOOL SALE | LATEST E NEWS ON MOVIES TV GAMES GIFTS BOOKS | LAST MINUTE ANNIVERSARY BIRTHDAY HOUSE WARMING GIFTS NEAR YOU | LOCAL ARTS CRAFTS SUPPLY STORE | LOCAL HEALTHY HEART DIABETIC RESTAURANTS AND STORES | CHURCH TEMPLE MOSQUE OR PLACE OF WORSHIP NEAR YOU | LOCAL LINKS TO RESTAURANTS AIRPORTS DRUG STORES | DRUG OXY OPIATE ALCOHOL PHYSICAL REHAB | SUICIDE HOTLINE DANIELLE COLBERT PHOTO MUG SHOT | © Untraditional Media

The%20Soulcialists