MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 21  Next
 Post subject: Re: The OFFICIAL pre-2017 season NYFS Top 50 Prospects
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:15 am 
Legend of NYFS

Metro2007 wrote:
@Mets 0/20 top 3B prospects in baseball per @BaseballAmerica #Mets

3B is definitely a weak spot, though a few guys could slide over there I suppose. TJ perhaps. I have some question about Cecchini's arm there. Kenny Hernandez might be our best 3rd base prospect. LOLOL.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:24 am 
Legend of NYFS

Ralf wrote:
I'll have to re-read it but the reason I said lukewarm was he seemed to indicate even with a good first season stateside he wasn't sure Gimenez would be top 101 next year.

No biggy really. Just was my initial reading.

On edit, here is the quote:

Quote:
Zach (NJ): I have an odd one for you- If you had to bet, and were given 50/50 odds whether or not Andres Gimenez would be on the top 101 in 2018, which side of the bet would you choose?

The Top 101 Prospect Chat with Jeffrey Paternostro: Without putting my finger on the scale here--since I am the one theoretically signing off on that list--I'll say he gets a just missed entry.

I read that in their writeup too. They're not doing backflips with praise, though they like him. Somebody else said (don't remember who) that while he does everything well, he doesn't have any stand-out tools. He doesn't have top speed or top range or bat speed. I don't remember who said that or how much the've seen him. To make a really bad comparison, Kirk Niewenheiss was sometimes described as a bag of 5s. Gimenez might be a bag of 7s, which, if he's above average at everything, that's a nifty SS but he lacks the sexyness of Rosario. Less raw at the same age, less tool-upside - and I'm just kind of going off memory of what one writer said.

All that said, he's 17 so let him grow up a bit first, too.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:52 pm 
NYFS Hall of Famer

LTKfRGM wrote:
Metro2007 wrote:

3B is definitely a weak spot, though a few guys could slide over there I suppose. TJ perhaps. I have some question about Cecchini's arm there. Kenny Hernandez might be our best 3rd base prospect. LOLOL.

Almost every good 3B was an SS originally at least in the lower minors. I think we'll find one among our SS guys.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:25 pm 
Legend of NYFS

hotlyds87 wrote:
LTKfRGM wrote:
Metro2007 wrote:

Almost every good 3B was an SS originally at least in the lower minors. I think we'll find one among our SS guys.

True, but how many of our SS's have the bat for 3rd base. It's not a huge deal, cause maybe Wilmer/TJ can cover 3rd for a few years just fine and down the line, maybe Kenny Hernandez/Guerrero/someone I'm overlooking. But it is a soft-spot in the system. More so than any other position I think. Not a big deal, but a little bit of a hole.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:16 pm 
Franchise Player

LTKfRGM wrote:
Metro2007 wrote:

It's a shame Jhoan Urena hasn't lived up to the potential.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:32 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Cool piece on Gsellman http://mets.locals.baseballprospectus.c ... -gsellman/ … #Mets

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:40 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Mets top 25 prospect list (decent read) http://www.baseballranks.com/2017/01/27 ... ects-2017/ #Mets

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:42 am 
Legend of NYFS

Viall at worst is already throwing off flat ground. He posted a video

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:19 am 
Practically A Wilpon

Quote:
Becerra told Ed Delany of MMN on Monday that his shoulder feels great and that he hasn’t had any problems yet in his rehab.

http://metsminors.net/wuilmer-becerra-feels-great-following-shoulder-surgery/

[-o<

"I think the best owners always are the ones who understand that they really don't own the team. The fans own the team. For a period of time, you are a steward, and you'll be judged on how well you manage that."
- Warriors COO Rick Welts

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:54 am 
Legend of NYFS

Per @milb.com the Mets are at worst top 20 in position prospects (Only 21-30 have been revealed) #Mets

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:49 pm 
Legend of NYFS

New pipeline is up.

http://m.mlb.com/prospects/2017?list=nym

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:07 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Gotta believe the Mets like Flexen more than the "26th" best prospect or why waste a 40 man spot?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 21  Next