NYFS ny mets message boards
http://www.nyfuturestars.com/community/

The Official 2017 Season Prediction Thread
http://www.nyfuturestars.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=44118
Page 2 of 3

Author:  LTKfRGM [ Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:52 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official 2017 Season Prediction Thread

ilikeike29 wrote:
LTKfRGM wrote:
Padres: 44

Yeah, that's not going to happen. The Padres are bad, but they're not THAT bad.


I think they are.

But, maybe 50-52 wins, but that's as high as I go.

Author:  sagan [ Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:39 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official 2017 Season Prediction Thread

I am on the optimism train again this year. Try to read with open mind if you are a typical pessimistic Mets fan.

Two years ago we had 4 of our top 5 SP on the mound and we went to the WS. That same year 75% of Mets fans wanted to trade Thor for Tulo because our offense sucked. They learned that pitching >>>> offense. Last year, we finished the season with only 1 left standing, a roster full of subs, and we still made the wild card. We discovered that we have 2 more very good SP that can compete at this level. The bullpen was also excellent for the most part.

This year, we are starting the season with 4 of the big 5. When Matz is ready to come back, it should be time to shutdown Wheeler. Or better, we have all 5 going for a while. Any available spots can be filled in with Gsellman or Lugo and we are still looking better than most teams. This is the year we see what this rotation can really do when going on all cylinders. Harvey gets his groove back, just not at his 2013 level. If the Mets stay healthy this year, they will be the best team in baseball. Pitching will dominate 7 of every 10 games, even if those don't all translate to wins. We will lose a lot of low scoring games, but rarely get blown out. Most of our wins will not be low scoring. Most wins will be lopsided pitching dominated performances. The Mets will hit a lot of homers and strike out a lot, which will be their weakness when facing big K pitchers. The defense will be average. d'Arnaud will hit and not be as terrible with base runners as we fear - except for really speedy teams. He will stay healthy for first time in his career. The Mets will pick up 1 or 2 bullpen pieces along the way. One of them will be a big time piece after management sees how far this team can go in playoffs, but it will be costly. This team has depth and ridiculous pitching. Look for this team to be the best NY Mets team ever assembled. Enjoy your 2017 Mets.

Thor starts All Star Game in Florida. deGrom and Cespedes make the team as well and maybe another surprise or two.

The Mets win the WS and go into next year as favorites to win b2b.

Author:  HeyNowHK [ Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:43 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official 2017 Season Prediction Thread

LTKfRGM wrote:
ilikeike29 wrote:
LTKfRGM wrote:
Padres: 44

Yeah, that's not going to happen. The Padres are bad, but they're not THAT bad.


I think they are.

But, maybe 50-52 wins, but that's as high as I go.

Winning fewer than 60 will be very hard to do.

Author:  northway [ Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:17 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official 2017 Season Prediction Thread

sagan wrote:
That same year 75% of Mets fans wanted to trade Thor for Tulo because our offense sucked.


False.

Author:  jdawginsc [ Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:06 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official 2017 Season Prediction Thread

northway wrote:
sagan wrote:
That same year 75% of Mets fans wanted to trade Thor for Tulo because our offense sucked.


False.


Ack, no...

Author:  sagan [ Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:04 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official 2017 Season Prediction Thread

northway wrote:
sagan wrote:
That same year 75% of Mets fans wanted to trade Thor for Tulo because our offense sucked.


False.


True.

My bad, It was Todd Frazier. It was people on the message board wanting Tulo.

Via Twitter -
Jared Diamond‏Verified account @jareddiamond 26 Jun 2015

With 118 votes in, 76% of you say you would trade Noah Syndergaard for Todd Frazier. Pretty resounding response.

Author:  northway [ Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:36 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official 2017 Season Prediction Thread

sagan wrote:
northway wrote:
sagan wrote:
That same year 75% of Mets fans wanted to trade Thor for Tulo because our offense sucked.


False.


True.

My bad, It was Todd Frazier. It was people on the message board wanting Tulo.

Via Twitter -
Jared Diamond‏Verified account @jareddiamond 26 Jun 2015

With 118 votes in, 76% of you say you would trade Noah Syndergaard for Todd Frazier. Pretty resounding response.


That doesn't mean that 75% of Mets fans wanted to trade Noah Syndergaard for Todd Frazier, it means that 76% of 118 voters in a Twitter poll wanted to trade Noah Syndergaard for Todd Frazier.

Author:  LTKfRGM [ Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:40 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official 2017 Season Prediction Thread

LTKfRGM wrote:
Padres: 44


HeyNowHK wrote:
LTKfRGM wrote:
ilikeike29 wrote:

Yeah, that's not going to happen. The Padres are bad, but they're not THAT bad.


I think they are.

But, maybe 50-52 wins, but that's as high as I go.

Winning fewer than 60 will be very hard to do.


For the Padres this year or teams in general? Less than 60 happens usually to about 1 team a year, most years.

I suppose, if there are more teams tanking, then it gets harder. I think the Pads have a good chance this year.

2016 - Twins 59
2013 - Astros 51 :-)
2012 - Astros 55
2011 - Astros 56 (maybe the Astros shouldn't count)
2010 - Pirates 57
2009 - Nationals 59 (the good old days)
2008 - Nationals 59

Author:  sagan [ Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:38 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official 2017 Season Prediction Thread

northway wrote:

That doesn't mean that 75% of Mets fans wanted to trade Noah Syndergaard for Todd Frazier, it means that 76% of 118 voters in a Twitter poll wanted to trade Noah Syndergaard for Todd Frazier.



Good point. I still found it disturbing that people were so willing to part with him. The run we were on was because of the pitching, not in spite of it.

Author:  HeyNowHK [ Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:14 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official 2017 Season Prediction Thread

Love the camera angle from Tampa.

Author:  HeyNowHK [ Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:29 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official 2017 Season Prediction Thread

Wow, Tanaka getting slammed.

Is this the closest we have to a 2017 season thread..?

Author:  Ciarán [ Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:03 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official 2017 Season Prediction Thread

my goodness, that yankee rotation is ______

Page 2 of 3 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/