MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 960 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77 ... 80  Next
 Post subject: Re: Mets Injury thread
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:45 am 
Legend of NYFS

Noah starts Thursday in Brooklyn

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:00 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Steve The Original wrote:
If Nimmo develops into something better than he is, fine. But until he does it's a huge red mark on Sandy's ledger. If the best you can come up with on a #1 pick is a singles hitter whose at best a 4th OF, then it's a massive fail

Half the guys picked at #13 have career wars below 2.0 That's kinda hit or miss to count as a "huge red mark", I think.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/draf ... type_unk=0

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:04 pm 
Legend of NYFS

LTKfRGM wrote:
If Nimmo develops into something better than he is, fine. But until he does it's a huge red mark on Sandy's ledger. If the best you can come up with on a #1 pick is a singles hitter whose at best a 4th OF, then it's a massive fail

Half the guys picked at #13 have career wars below 2.0 That's kinda hit or miss to count as a "huge red mark", I think.

For his first pick ever yeah, he gets a big red mark. Better be pretty sure you're drafting a stud especially when you see who was picked directly after him. That in combo with Cheech was just awful.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:11 pm 
Legend of NYFS

LTKfRGM wrote:

For his first pick ever yeah, he gets a big red mark. Better be pretty sure you're drafting a stud especially when you see who was picked directly after him. That in combo with Cheech was just awful.

You can thank DePodesta.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:08 pm 
Practically A Wilpon

Idk, 3 of his first 4 drafts it looks like Sandy got an All Star and two major league contributors at minimum with the first pick (added on edit). Thats not bad. The rest of the first couple rounds in those drafts (except for Fulmer) were pretty much busts though so its not hard to knock them there.

He certainly did better at those first couple picks than Omar did (Pelfrey, Mulvey, Kunz and Ike Davis).

"I think the best owners always are the ones who understand that they really don't own the team. The fans own the team. For a period of time, you are a steward, and you'll be judged on how well you manage that."
- Warriors COO Rick Welts

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:11 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Ralf wrote:
Idk, 3 of his first 4 drafts it looks like Sandy got an All Star and two major league contributors at minimum. Thats not bad. The rest of the first couple rounds in those drafts (except for Fulmer) were pretty much busts though so its not hard to knock them there.

Jury may still be deliberating on Plaw.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:13 pm 
Practically A Wilpon

HeyNowHK wrote:
Ralf wrote:
Idk, 3 of his first 4 drafts it looks like Sandy got an All Star and two major league contributors at minimum. Thats not bad. The rest of the first couple rounds in those drafts (except for Fulmer) were pretty much busts though so its not hard to knock them there.

Jury may still be deliberating on Plaw.

Right, that would be another plus though. He looks like he can be a major league backup (SSS) now.

"I think the best owners always are the ones who understand that they really don't own the team. The fans own the team. For a period of time, you are a steward, and you'll be judged on how well you manage that."
- Warriors COO Rick Welts

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:46 pm 
Legend of NYFS

4-6 month timetable for Conforto

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:47 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Anthony DiComo‏Verified account @AnthonyDiComo 9s9 seconds ago
More
Doctors have told the Mets that Michael Conforto should need approximately six months to recover from surgery. Brings him to around March 1.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:02 pm 
General Manager

Factor in the inevitable Met-Injury-Setbacl equation and we're looking at some time in May if all goes right by Met standards.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:53 pm 
NYFS Staff

Couple more on the minors front:

Quote:
Surgery was a success ! Still have a long road ahead to get back but I want to thank the friends and family that stood by me through this .

@Magicman18_ (Chase Ingram)

Quote:
Chris Viall left his start with trainer. Seemed to b flexing fingers and elbow. Fyi

I'm here at the game. He had thrown a few wild pitches even one in warm ups before getting a visit from Ring and taken out with trainer.

@PaulWoodin1 (fan at the game last night)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:53 am 
Legend of NYFS

sluger11787 wrote:
Couple more on the minors front:

Quote:
Surgery was a success ! Still have a long road ahead to get back but I want to thank the friends and family that stood by me through this .

@Magicman18_ (Chase Ingram)

Quote:
Chris Viall left his start with trainer. Seemed to b flexing fingers and elbow. Fyi

I'm here at the game. He had thrown a few wild pitches even one in warm ups before getting a visit from Ring and taken out with trainer.

@PaulWoodin1 (fan at the game last night)

Did Ingram have TJ as well? Guess I missed that one.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 960 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77 ... 80  Next