Switch to full style
Discuss the Mets and their minor leaguers.
Post a reply

Re: 8-14-17 Game Thread. Mets point their tank at the Bankee

Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:28 pm

metswillkillyoursoul wrote:I stand by my words. They showboat, they bat flip, grow a spine and hit back and hit back hard. Hey the Phillies barely register on the MLB landscape anymore but even they had enough pride last year against us to try and fight. I respect them for that. I don't respect this version of the Yankees who have done nothing showboating and bat flipping. Aaron Hicks? Give me a break.

Why are we advocating for guys to be hit, and potentially hurt, over things (bat flips) which have become so prevalent in the game nowadays? It didn't hurt anyone. It was done in Yankee Stadium, not Citi, and was at a big moment in the game for a team in the pennant race. We need to put blinders away for a second. If the situation was reversed, and a Mets player was hit after a bat flip, would you be the first calling for the opposing pitcher's head?

Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:32 pm

Hilltop wrote:
metswillkillyoursoul wrote:I stand by my words. They showboat, they bat flip, grow a spine and hit back and hit back hard. Hey the Phillies barely register on the MLB landscape anymore but even they had enough pride last year against us to try and fight. I respect them for that. I don't respect this version of the Yankees who have done nothing showboating and bat flipping. Aaron Hicks? Give me a break.

Why are we advocating for guys to be hit, and potentially hurt, over things (bat flips) which have become so prevalent in the game nowadays? It didn't hurt anyone. It was done in Yankee Stadium, not Citi, and was at a big moment in the game for a team in the pennant race. We need to put blinders away for a second. If the situation was reversed, and a Mets player was hit after a bat flip, would you be the first calling for the opposing pitcher's head?

This guy (kid, hopefully) was posting the exact same bs about throwing at players' heads when he first joined NYFS and little useful since.

Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:30 pm

You think Aaron Hicks flipped the bat? I've seen Jay Bruce hold onto the bat longer than Hicks did..

Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:48 pm

The Yankee pen is ridiculous. Robertson might be the 5th best arm out there.

Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:59 am

Not sure I've seen every AB, but definitely most of them. Has Dom Smith hit a ball hard yet? He's the king of slow bouncers up the middle, if the pitcher doesn't snag it first.

Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:17 am

TomInNC wrote:Not sure I've seen every AB, but definitely most of them. Has Dom Smith hit a ball hard yet? He's the king of slow bouncers up the middle, if the pitcher doesn't snag it first.

He'll adjust, but he's going to hit into a lot of DPs.

Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:17 am

TomInNC wrote:Not sure I've seen every AB, but definitely most of them. Has Dom Smith hit a ball hard yet? He's the king of slow bouncers up the middle, if the pitcher doesn't snag it first.

You're not accounting for the game changing defense, though. Will literally change the game of baseball.

Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:20 am

Most amusing Dom nugget was the grsphic that listed him as 6' 185.

Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:29 am

MarkJohnson>You wrote:

You're not accounting for the game changing defense, though. Will literally change the game of baseball.

Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:41 am

Keep the losses coming.

Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:17 am

Robles at best is worth an inning. Anything more is a disaster. And Terry should know this already.

Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:25 am

Steve The Original wrote:Robles at best is worth an inning. Anything more is a disaster. And Terry should know this already.

This just isn't true. He's actually been incredibly effective going multiple innings throughout his career, including this year.

His stats in his 9 outings of multiple innings this year:
16.2 IP, 5 H, 2 ER, 8 BB, 26 K

Last night was just the second time he's given up a run in a multi-inning outing all year.
Post a reply