Switch to full style
Discuss the Mets and their minor leaguers.
Post a reply

Potentially bad Conforto news

Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:21 am

Looks like he has a shoulder capsule tear. Likely surgery.

Could be a problem long term because there might be something in this swing that caused it making it more likely for re-injury.

Same thing happened to Profar, being the throwing shoulder that was injured, and it took him a long time to come back.

Re: Potentially bad Conforto news

Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:41 am

5 month recovery time apparently. Wonderful

Re: Potentially bad Conforto news

Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:44 am

Next season is already lost because there is zero chance the Wilpons will spend the extra money this offseason to mitigate Scooter's possible delayed return.

Re: Potentially bad Conforto news

Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:45 am

If it's five months that's the end of January, still a month before Spring Training so that wouldn't be completely horrible.

But since it's the Mets we never have the best case scenario...

Re: Potentially bad Conforto news

Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:57 am

AllWrightNow wrote:If it's five months that's the end of January, still a month before Spring Training so that wouldn't be completely horrible.

But since it's the Mets we never have the best case scenario...



No they will attempt rehab and he will end up having the surgery in November...

Re: Potentially bad Conforto news

Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:07 am

Metro2007 wrote:
AllWrightNow wrote:If it's five months that's the end of January, still a month before Spring Training so that wouldn't be completely horrible.

But since it's the Mets we never have the best case scenario...



No they will attempt rehab and he will end up having the surgery in November...


This. So this. :lol:

Not funny, I know but it would be very Metsian.

Re: Potentially bad Conforto news

Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:08 am

This is a depressing thread title to wake up to and can cause a dangerous shock to the system. Mods, can we rename to "Astrubal traded"?

Re: Potentially bad Conforto news

Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:26 am

SergioTheLittleMan wrote:This is a depressing thread title to wake up to and can cause a dangerous shock to the system. Mods, can we rename to "Astrubal traded"?


Working on it.

Re: Potentially bad Conforto news

Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:15 am

Friend is becoming a surgeon, says Conforto almost certainly needs to have surgery if he wants this to go away. This isn't like other body parts that may heal on their own.

Re: Potentially bad Conforto news

Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:32 am

Is this the same thing Profar had? Tho he lost a lot of time, he is back at 100%.

I think this changes the winter plans somewhat, from rolling with the OF that is here to probably adding someone on a 1 year deal.

Re: Potentially bad Conforto news

Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:41 am

the mets had better not screw this up.....

Re: Potentially bad Conforto news

Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:45 am

HeyNowHK wrote:Is this the same thing Profar had? Tho he lost a lot of time, he is back at 100%.

I think this changes the winter plans somewhat, from rolling with the OF that is here to probably adding someone on a 1 year deal.


Forget 1 year deal. Just sign JD Martinez.
Post a reply