MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Potentially bad Conforto news
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:29 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:12 pm
Posts: 38265
Location: Panic City
We did a perfectly fine job replacing Murphy.

No one told us we had to replace Rogers Hornsby.


8)

_________________
Whatever.

8)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Potentially bad Conforto news
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:33 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Franchise Player

Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:31 am
Posts: 3047
Location: Lewisberry, PA
ilikeike29 wrote:
Quote:
Yes and as you recall, most people were ready and willing to move on from that Murphy. I certainly don't want to make the same mistake (as with Murphy) of letting Flo go for basically nothing, which is the track they'd be on if they keep him until his control period runs out.

Yes and I'd replace Flores if the right upgrade came along. But it was never a priority to replace Murphy for a reason and the same should apply here.

Replacing Flores is not as urgent as adding a 3B, OF, C, SP, or a couple relievers. If it worked out that someone fell into your lap, then great. But you'll always have bigger holes than Flores.


I think reliever needs have gone way down the list now that they will probably need to sign an OF. Not saying I agree, but with the half dozen or so relief pitchers they brought in during the season, they'll probably go with what they have. Might look at a lefty. Might...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Potentially bad Conforto news
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:55 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Practically A Wilpon

Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:52 pm
Posts: 9255
yalikeMetroplitans wrote:
ilikeike29 wrote:
Quote:
Yes and as you recall, most people were ready and willing to move on from that Murphy. I certainly don't want to make the same mistake (as with Murphy) of letting Flo go for basically nothing, which is the track they'd be on if they keep him until his control period runs out.

Yes and I'd replace Flores if the right upgrade came along. But it was never a priority to replace Murphy for a reason and the same should apply here.

Replacing Flores is not as urgent as adding a 3B, OF, C, SP, or a couple relievers. If it worked out that someone fell into your lap, then great. But you'll always have bigger holes than Flores.


I think reliever needs have gone way down the list now that they will probably need to sign an OF. Not saying I agree, but with the half dozen or so relief pitchers they brought in during the season, they'll probably go with what they have. Might look at a lefty. Might...


They currently have like $80 million on the books for next year. They have plenty of money to address both, especially considering how cheap relievers are.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Potentially bad Conforto news
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:56 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Franchise Player

Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:31 am
Posts: 3047
Location: Lewisberry, PA
ilikeike29 wrote:
yalikeMetroplitans wrote:
I think reliever needs have gone way down the list now that they will probably need to sign an OF. Not saying I agree, but with the half dozen or so relief pitchers they brought in during the season, they'll probably go with what they have. Might look at a lefty. Might...


They currently have like $80 million on the books for next year. They have plenty of money to address both, especially considering how cheap relievers are.


You're preaching to the choir. Just not confident it happens.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Potentially bad Conforto news
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:58 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:11 am
Posts: 21112
Location: NYC
ilikeike29 wrote:
They currently have like $80 million on the books for next year. They have plenty of money to address both, especially considering how cheap relievers are.

I thought they had closer to $110M committed.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Potentially bad Conforto news
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:54 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Practically A Wilpon

Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:52 pm
Posts: 9255
yalikeMetroplitans wrote:
ilikeike29 wrote:
yalikeMetroplitans wrote:
I think reliever needs have gone way down the list now that they will probably need to sign an OF. Not saying I agree, but with the half dozen or so relief pitchers they brought in during the season, they'll probably go with what they have. Might look at a lefty. Might...


They currently have like $80 million on the books for next year. They have plenty of money to address both, especially considering how cheap relievers are.


You're preaching to the choir. Just not confident it happens.

Well, I think the offseason should consist of acquiring:

- one OF (Cain/Martinez)
- one 2B or 3B (Kinsler/Frazier)
- one SP (Cobb/Lynn/Estrada)
- one RP (Oh/Gregerson)
- one swing type (Petit)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Potentially bad Conforto news
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:05 pm 
User avatar
Offline
General Manager

Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:03 pm
Posts: 7220
Puma
Conforto is likely looking at 6-12 months in rehab if he has surgery, according to an independent orthopedist I spoke to today.

Unreal.

_________________
Escaped from Elba.
Original drummer for the Wilpons Are Cheap.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Potentially bad Conforto news
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:06 pm 
User avatar
Offline
NYFS Hall of Famer

Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:55 pm
Posts: 5249
and a new manager


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Potentially bad Conforto news
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:07 pm 
User avatar
Offline
NYFS Hall of Famer

Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:55 pm
Posts: 5249
Ralf wrote:
Puma
Conforto is likely looking at 6-12 months in rehab if he has surgery, according to an independent orthopedist I spoke to today.

Unreal.


donezo for 2018.....sad and tragic


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Potentially bad Conforto news
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:10 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Manager

Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:36 pm
Posts: 6504
Jesus 6-12 is a BIT of a mysterious timetable. 6 would be fine, 12 would be a disaster.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Potentially bad Conforto news
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:12 pm 
User avatar
Offline
NYFS Hall of Famer

Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:55 pm
Posts: 5249
AllWrightNow wrote:
Jesus 6-12 is a BIT of a mysterious timetable. 6 would be fine, 12 would be a disaster.


would it really shock you at this point, this is too much to take.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Potentially bad Conforto news
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:24 pm 
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:09 am
Posts: 11661
Location: Somebody's stolen my avatar
HeyNowHK wrote:
ilikeike29 wrote:
They currently have like $80 million on the books for next year. They have plenty of money to address both, especially considering how cheap relievers are.

I thought they had closer to $110M committed.


It's definitely closer to 110 and I think a bit over that with the arb deals. That number including Wright and the Cabrera buyout.

_________________
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor, they call me a communist." - Dom Hélder Câmara

I've always loved a good underdog story. Go Mets (2018). I know an underdog when I see one.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], dragonfly, Google [Bot] and 18 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group


SUPPORT NYFS VIA OUR NETWORK OF SITES: FIND AN AA MEETING | FIND A JOB NEAR YOU | SUICIDE DEPRESSION ADDICTION HELP | BOOK REVIEWS EDITORIAL | LOCAL DOCTORS HOSPITAL EMERGENCY CARE | HOME REPAIR CONTRACTOR BUILDER AC HEAT | LOCAL LIVE MUSIC OPEN MIC JAM | FIND YOUR CONGRESSMAN AND WHERE TO VOTE | WOMEN VETERANS HELP SUPPORT AND RESOURCES | THE SOULCIALISTS LIVE LOCAL PIANO MUSIC TREASURE COAST | PET FRIENDLY PARKS HOTELS | SOLAR WIND RENEWABLE POWER | FILE TAX RETURN ATTORNEY | 4G SEO SMART PHONES TABLET WEB | BIRTHDAY PARTY RENTAL CHARACTERS | HOMES APARTMENTS FOR SALE OR RENT NEAR YOU | SPORT COURT GYM FITNESS CLUB TRACK FIELD | GOLF BEACH RESORT HOTELS RESTAURANTS BED BREAKFAST | HEALTH LIFE AUTO HOME INSURANCE QUOTE | METRO BUS TRAIN SUBWAY AIRPORT HELIPORT | VETERAN TIPS CRAFT DIY RECIPES | ATM BRANCH CONSOLIDATION STUDENT CREDIT LOAN RATES | LOCAL NEWS AND RSS FEEDS | CHRISTMAS BLACK FRIDAY BACK TO SCHOOL SALE | LATEST E NEWS ON MOVIES TV GAMES GIFTS BOOKS | LAST MINUTE ANNIVERSARY BIRTHDAY HOUSE WARMING GIFTS NEAR YOU | LOCAL ARTS CRAFTS SUPPLY STORE | LOCAL HEALTHY HEART DIABETIC RESTAURANTS AND STORES | CHURCH TEMPLE MOSQUE OR PLACE OF WORSHIP NEAR YOU | LOCAL LINKS TO RESTAURANTS AIRPORTS DRUG STORES | DRUG OXY OPIATE ALCOHOL PHYSICAL REHAB | SUICIDE HOTLINE DANIELLE COLBERT PHOTO MUG SHOT | © Untraditional Media

The%20Soulcialists