MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Potentially bad Conforto news
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:27 pm 
User avatar
Offline
General Manager

Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:03 pm
Posts: 7202
LTKfRGM wrote:
HeyNowHK wrote:
ilikeike29 wrote:
They currently have like $80 million on the books for next year. They have plenty of money to address both, especially considering how cheap relievers are.

I thought they had closer to $110M committed.


It's definitely closer to 110 and I think a bit over that with the arb deals. That number including Wright and the Cabrera buyout.


Not to mention they're already talking about only a 130-135m payroll next year. Basically we're looking at $20m MAX to spend this offseason. It's sickening.

_________________
Escaped from Elba.
Original drummer for the Wilpons Are Cheap.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Potentially bad Conforto news
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:36 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Manager

Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:36 pm
Posts: 6504
It's really hard to guess how much money is on the payroll for next year because there are so many arb guys. Ces is getting paid $29 million, Wright $20 million if he's on the books, Lagares $6.5 million, Cabrera and Blevins have the options then everyone else is either arb or pre-arb.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Potentially bad Conforto news
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:54 pm 
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:09 am
Posts: 11630
Location: Somebody's stolen my avatar
AllWrightNow wrote:
It's really hard to guess how much money is on the payroll for next year because there are so many arb guys. Ces is getting paid $29 million, Wright $20 million if he's on the books, Lagares $6.5 million, Cabrera and Blevins have the options then everyone else is either arb or pre-arb.


I don't think it's that hard. Blevins will be picked up for sure. (They don't have any other reliable lefties, letting him go would be moronic). Cabrera, there's a good chance he's released (or traded).

Familia - he won't get a big raise. Figure about 8.
Ramos - he will get a raise. 8-9 next year.
Harvey won't get a big raise - figure about 6.
deGrom - he will get a big raise, he's tougher to guess. I've been guessing 8-10.
Wilmer - 2.2 this year, 4 next year?
d'Arnaud - 1.9 this year, 3-4 next year?
Wheeler, 800K this year - what, 2-3 next year?
Thor's tough to predict, but if deGrom is a guideline, about 4 next year.
Robles won't get much, maybe 1.5-2

I get 48-52 range for Arb. I think it'll be pretty close to that.
Add 5.5 for keeping Blevins an the 58.5 from Cots

112-116 is where they are now. My guess is that the target salary for next year will be 145, so they have about 30 to spend, or 25 if you count the 10-12 rookie salaries at 5-6 million, whatever they come to. Last year they waited and made some moves rather late in the off-season for Blevins & Salas, so it might not all happen early on. They might sign 1-2 guys early then wait for bargains.

25 to spend isn't going to get what most people want. It might get us Bruce and a backup 3rd baseman. Or, a real 3rd baseman and a backup OF. I don't think they'll sign a bulpen guy, I think, with the trades, they feel pretty good there. What they do about catcher might depend on how Plaw does the rest of the way and I think they'll sign a starting pitcher, but not a high priced one.

_________________
http://hasthelargehadroncolliderdestroyedtheworldyet.com

and, I've always loved a good underdog story. Go Mets (2018).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Potentially bad Conforto news
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:34 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Manager

Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:36 pm
Posts: 6504
I think the target for this year was around 130 cause the last little bit they spent Sandy justified to the Wilpons by saying if things went awry he could get that money back in trades, which he did. The target for next year is probably less than 130 (maybe 120-125) cause they didn't make as much money this year.

So if they're at 115 or so now and only have 5-10 million...yeah I'm not expecting any big spending then.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Potentially bad Conforto news
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:05 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:11 am
Posts: 21069
Location: NYC
ilikeike29 wrote:
yalikeMetroplitans wrote:
ilikeike29 wrote:

They currently have like $80 million on the books for next year. They have plenty of money to address both, especially considering how cheap relievers are.


You're preaching to the choir. Just not confident it happens.

Well, I think the offseason should consist of acquiring:

- one OF (Cain/Martinez)
- one 2B or 3B (Kinsler/Frazier)
- one SP (Cobb/Lynn/Estrada)
- one RP (Oh/Gregerson)
- one swing type (Petit)


Most of this makes the team older. I am holding out hope that they don't work more than one veteran addition into the mix and instead look for their Hicks or Didi trade to add some young player who could blossom with an opportunity here.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Potentially bad Conforto news
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:29 pm 
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:09 am
Posts: 11630
Location: Somebody's stolen my avatar
HeyNowHK wrote:
ilikeike29 wrote:

Well, I think the offseason should consist of acquiring:

- one OF (Cain/Martinez)
- one 2B or 3B (Kinsler/Frazier)
- one SP (Cobb/Lynn/Estrada)
- one RP (Oh/Gregerson)
- one swing type (Petit)


Most of this makes the team older. I am holding out hope that they don't work more than one veteran addition into the mix and instead look for their Hicks or Didi trade to add some young player who could blossom with an opportunity here.


I think they'll look at older free agents/trades a bunch. 1-2 year deals are optimal to keep flexibility for the next couple years.

_________________
http://hasthelargehadroncolliderdestroyedtheworldyet.com

and, I've always loved a good underdog story. Go Mets (2018).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Potentially bad Conforto news
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:48 pm 
Offline
Blue Chipper

Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:10 pm
Posts: 437
What's the deal with Conforto. Is he expected back for spring training? Is the surgery usually successful?

Also was wonder how a guy swings his arm out of its socket. Is it an injury that revolved over time or might he have been doing something training-wise that threw off his body's natural balance.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Potentially bad Conforto news
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:59 pm 
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:09 am
Posts: 11630
Location: Somebody's stolen my avatar
egelband2 wrote:
What's the deal with Conforto. Is he expected back for spring training? Is the surgery usually successful?

Also was wonder how a guy swings his arm out of its socket. Is it an injury that revolved over time or might he have been doing something training-wise that threw off his body's natural balance.


Somebody said 5-10 months a page or two ago. I think it's a wait and see situation rather than a definite answer.

_________________
http://hasthelargehadroncolliderdestroyedtheworldyet.com

and, I've always loved a good underdog story. Go Mets (2018).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Potentially bad Conforto news
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:17 pm 
Offline
Blue Chipper

Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:10 pm
Posts: 437
LTKfRGM wrote:
egelband2 wrote:
What's the deal with Conforto. Is he expected back for spring training? Is the surgery usually successful?

Also was wonder how a guy swings his arm out of its socket. Is it an injury that revolved over time or might he have been doing something training-wise that threw off his body's natural balance.


Somebody said 5-10 months a page or two ago. I think it's a wait and see situation rather than a definite answer.


What a shame. He was getting it together. Confidence was high. I hope he can come back ok.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], SergioTheLittleMan and 98 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group


SUPPORT NYFS VIA OUR NETWORK OF SITES: FIND AN AA MEETING | FIND A JOB NEAR YOU | SUICIDE DEPRESSION ADDICTION HELP | BOOK REVIEWS EDITORIAL | LOCAL DOCTORS HOSPITAL EMERGENCY CARE | HOME REPAIR CONTRACTOR BUILDER AC HEAT | LOCAL LIVE MUSIC OPEN MIC JAM | FIND YOUR CONGRESSMAN AND WHERE TO VOTE | WOMEN VETERANS HELP SUPPORT AND RESOURCES | THE SOULCIALISTS LIVE LOCAL PIANO MUSIC TREASURE COAST | PET FRIENDLY PARKS HOTELS | SOLAR WIND RENEWABLE POWER | FILE TAX RETURN ATTORNEY | 4G SEO SMART PHONES TABLET WEB | BIRTHDAY PARTY RENTAL CHARACTERS | HOMES APARTMENTS FOR SALE OR RENT NEAR YOU | SPORT COURT GYM FITNESS CLUB TRACK FIELD | GOLF BEACH RESORT HOTELS RESTAURANTS BED BREAKFAST | HEALTH LIFE AUTO HOME INSURANCE QUOTE | METRO BUS TRAIN SUBWAY AIRPORT HELIPORT | VETERAN TIPS CRAFT DIY RECIPES | ATM BRANCH CONSOLIDATION STUDENT CREDIT LOAN RATES | LOCAL NEWS AND RSS FEEDS | CHRISTMAS BLACK FRIDAY BACK TO SCHOOL SALE | LATEST E NEWS ON MOVIES TV GAMES GIFTS BOOKS | LAST MINUTE ANNIVERSARY BIRTHDAY HOUSE WARMING GIFTS NEAR YOU | LOCAL ARTS CRAFTS SUPPLY STORE | LOCAL HEALTHY HEART DIABETIC RESTAURANTS AND STORES | CHURCH TEMPLE MOSQUE OR PLACE OF WORSHIP NEAR YOU | LOCAL LINKS TO RESTAURANTS AIRPORTS DRUG STORES | DRUG OXY OPIATE ALCOHOL PHYSICAL REHAB | SUICIDE HOTLINE DANIELLE COLBERT PHOTO MUG SHOT | © Untraditional Media

The%20Soulcialists