MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Minor League Thread: 8/26/17
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:15 am 
User avatar
Offline
NYFS Staff

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:27 pm
Posts: 23483
Bryce Hutchinson strikes out the side in the top of the 1st. A pleasant good morning everyone.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Minor League Thread: 8/26/17
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:23 am 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:57 pm
Posts: 80768
Location: New York, NY
Tyler Bashlor now up to 11.2 scoreless in AA with 18 k's. He last allowed a run on July 18th

_________________
Twit-@Wexlerrules
Staunch anti-BADP (Batting average dependent players)
Pronounced "Dar-No"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Minor League Thread: 8/26/17
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:27 am 
User avatar
Offline
NYFS Staff

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:37 am
Posts: 23316
Location: charleston, sc
Metro2007 wrote:
Tyler Bashlor now up to 11.2 scoreless in AA with 18 k's. He last allowed a run on July 18th


I would say he is becoming a lock to hit the 40 man.

May as well skip Vegas for a cup of coffee.

_________________
"The most potent weapon of the oppressor is the mind of the oppressed." Steven Biko


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Minor League Thread: 8/26/17
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:46 am 
User avatar
Offline
NYFS Staff

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:27 pm
Posts: 23483
DSL Mets1 are at the DSL Yanks for their last game of the season. First pitch was listed at 10:30, but the game is already in the 5th inning.

Sebastian Espino is making the most of it. He has a 3-run homer, a single, and an RBI triple.

It's 6-4 good guys.

Mets2 are playing a doubleheader as they prepare for the playoffs. No score after 6 in game 1.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Minor League Thread: 8/26/17
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:44 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Practically A Wilpon

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:21 pm
Posts: 9518
jdawginsc wrote:
Metro2007 wrote:
Tyler Bashlor now up to 11.2 scoreless in AA with 18 k's. He last allowed a run on July 18th


I would say he is becoming a lock to hit the 40 man.

May as well skip Vegas for a cup of coffee.


a system that had zero power arms to start the year in Bullpen, has a bunch now


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Minor League Thread: 8/26/17
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:59 pm 
Offline
Franchise Player

Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:48 pm
Posts: 3608
Spring next year is going to be super interesting, huge competition for maybe 7 P spots. Outside of Degrom/Noah in the rotation and Ramos/Blevins/Familia- no one is a lock on the staff. Crazy amount of competition. No one has high enough trade value at this spot between the others that would really warrant trading on a high note.

i still would not hesitate too bring in a SP/RP bonafide vets, but i wouldnt hold Sandy to bring one if he has to pour all his resources into the OF/3B/C, especially if Conforto is out. Probably should be the plan, spend big on the 2 OF spots/C/3b or at least 2 to 3 of those spot and fill 1 or 2 internally.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Minor League Thread: 8/26/17
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:03 pm 
Offline
Fan Favorite

Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:14 am
Posts: 1735
johnnymets176 wrote:
Spring next year is going to be super interesting, huge competition for maybe 7 P spots. Outside of Degrom/Noah in the rotation and Ramos/Blevins/Familia- no one is a lock on the staff. Crazy amount of competition. No one has high enough trade value at this spot between the others that would really warrant trading on a high note.

i still would not hesitate too bring in a SP/RP bonafide vets, but i wouldnt hold Sandy to bring one if he has to pour all his resources into the OF/3B/C, especially if Conforto is out. Probably should be the plan, spend big on the 2 OF spots/C/3b or at least 2 to 3 of those spot and fill 1 or 2 internally.


Now that Jonathon Lucroy is having a terrible year I can guarantee you the Mets are thinking they can get him on the cheap. But at this point they have so much money coming off the books there should be no excuse for them to not bring in a starting pitcher or two. Also, if Lugo is loved by other organizations, they should explore a trade involving him.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Minor League Thread: 8/26/17
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:11 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:57 pm
Posts: 80768
Location: New York, NY
People are overstating how much money they have to spend. They have about 100 committed already with arbitration etc.

_________________
Twit-@Wexlerrules
Staunch anti-BADP (Batting average dependent players)
Pronounced "Dar-No"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Minor League Thread: 8/26/17
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:14 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:57 pm
Posts: 80768
Location: New York, NY
58+ options for Blevins, Cabrera and arbitration for Harvey, Familia, Thor, DeGrom, Wilmer, Ramos, TDA, Robles, Matz, Wheeler. Do the math. If the payroll is going to be "lower" than 2017 then this "huge" money people are expecting just isn't viable. Familia and Ramos alone = almost 20 million. So roughly 78 potentially +6.5 to pick up Blevins options = 84.5, if they keep Cabrera that puts you at 90.5, if they don't it's still 84.5 + Thor, Harvey, DeGrom, Wilmer, TDA, Robeles, Matz, Wheeler....

_________________
Twit-@Wexlerrules
Staunch anti-BADP (Batting average dependent players)
Pronounced "Dar-No"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Minor League Thread: 8/26/17
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:12 pm 
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:09 am
Posts: 11665
Location: Somebody's stolen my avatar
Metro2007 wrote:
58+ options for Blevins, Cabrera and arbitration for Harvey, Familia, Thor, DeGrom, Wilmer, Ramos, TDA, Robles, Matz, Wheeler. Do the math. If the payroll is going to be "lower" than 2017 then this "huge" money people are expecting just isn't viable. Familia and Ramos alone = almost 20 million. So roughly 78 potentially +6.5 to pick up Blevins options = 84.5, if they keep Cabrera that puts you at 90.5, if they don't it's still 84.5 + Thor, Harvey, DeGrom, Wilmer, TDA, Robeles, Matz, Wheeler....


Not Matz, but everything else you said - yes.

Thor 4, Harvey 6 deGrom 8-10, Wilmer 4, TDA 3, Robles, 1.5, Wheeler, 1.5-2. 28-30.5 + 84.5 = 112.5 - 115. If you count the 10 or so rookie deals, 118-122. 25 million to spend is what I keep coming back to, but time will tell.

Mabye they get deGrom to take a pay cut this year, more money in the future. But that's a long shot.

_________________
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor, they call me a communist." - Dom Hélder Câmara

I've always loved a good underdog story. Go Mets (2018). I know an underdog when I see one.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Minor League Thread: 8/26/17
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:59 pm 
User avatar
Offline
NYFS Staff

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:27 pm
Posts: 23483
David Thompson started a nice 5-4-3 DP to get Harvey out of trouble in the 3rd.

Link


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Minor League Thread: 8/26/17
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:17 pm 
Offline
Veteran Presence

Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:25 pm
Posts: 4504
I'd like to think Sewald has earned the upper hand to have a spot next year. With that it leaves 3 spots for the kiddies.

_________________
eternal optimist

You will be missed Carlos!

Remember Met fans, every trade is different and independent from the rest. TIS...Trust in Sandy!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bklyndave69, Daaaarryyl, jdrnym, Joefrompgh, Mavericknyc1980, Munky00 and 107 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group


SUPPORT NYFS VIA OUR NETWORK OF SITES: FIND AN AA MEETING | FIND A JOB NEAR YOU | SUICIDE DEPRESSION ADDICTION HELP | BOOK REVIEWS EDITORIAL | LOCAL DOCTORS HOSPITAL EMERGENCY CARE | HOME REPAIR CONTRACTOR BUILDER AC HEAT | LOCAL LIVE MUSIC OPEN MIC JAM | FIND YOUR CONGRESSMAN AND WHERE TO VOTE | WOMEN VETERANS HELP SUPPORT AND RESOURCES | THE SOULCIALISTS LIVE LOCAL PIANO MUSIC TREASURE COAST | PET FRIENDLY PARKS HOTELS | SOLAR WIND RENEWABLE POWER | FILE TAX RETURN ATTORNEY | 4G SEO SMART PHONES TABLET WEB | BIRTHDAY PARTY RENTAL CHARACTERS | HOMES APARTMENTS FOR SALE OR RENT NEAR YOU | SPORT COURT GYM FITNESS CLUB TRACK FIELD | GOLF BEACH RESORT HOTELS RESTAURANTS BED BREAKFAST | HEALTH LIFE AUTO HOME INSURANCE QUOTE | METRO BUS TRAIN SUBWAY AIRPORT HELIPORT | VETERAN TIPS CRAFT DIY RECIPES | ATM BRANCH CONSOLIDATION STUDENT CREDIT LOAN RATES | LOCAL NEWS AND RSS FEEDS | CHRISTMAS BLACK FRIDAY BACK TO SCHOOL SALE | LATEST E NEWS ON MOVIES TV GAMES GIFTS BOOKS | LAST MINUTE ANNIVERSARY BIRTHDAY HOUSE WARMING GIFTS NEAR YOU | LOCAL ARTS CRAFTS SUPPLY STORE | LOCAL HEALTHY HEART DIABETIC RESTAURANTS AND STORES | CHURCH TEMPLE MOSQUE OR PLACE OF WORSHIP NEAR YOU | LOCAL LINKS TO RESTAURANTS AIRPORTS DRUG STORES | DRUG OXY OPIATE ALCOHOL PHYSICAL REHAB | SUICIDE HOTLINE DANIELLE COLBERT PHOTO MUG SHOT | © Untraditional Media

The%20Soulcialists