MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Rule 5 discussion (updated)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:56 am 
User avatar
Offline
Practically A Wilpon

Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:52 pm
Posts: 9255
Reyes is a FA.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rule 5 discussion (updated)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:07 am 
Offline
Draft Pick

Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:35 pm
Posts: 65
ilikeike29 wrote:
Reyes is a FA.


Thanks Ike, I realized that.. I just put it the wrong way.. Just let him go don't waste a 40 man spot on him. We are in a rebuild and he is not the future. Barely the present.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rule 5 discussion (updated)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:30 am 
Online
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:09 am
Posts: 11630
Location: Somebody's stolen my avatar
I wonder if there will be any Ynoa moves that shock the fanbase like last year.

_________________
http://hasthelargehadroncolliderdestroyedtheworldyet.com

and, I've always loved a good underdog story. Go Mets (2018).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rule 5 discussion (updated)
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:32 pm 
User avatar
Offline
NYFS Staff

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:37 am
Posts: 23301
Location: charleston, sc
There are plenty of guys to remove at this point. Need a roster upheaval.

Remove Goeddel, Milone, Smoker, Reyes, Becerra, Pill, Taijeron; look to trade Robles (who needs a change of scenery), Lagares. I suspect they keep Cabrera, Reynolds and Cheech.

Callaghan is already added.

Protect Bautista, Oswalt, Guillorme and you still have 6 slots for free agent signings and trades.

_________________
"The most potent weapon of the oppressor is the mind of the oppressed." Steven Biko


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rule 5 discussion (updated)
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:02 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Practically A Wilpon

Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:52 pm
Posts: 9255
jdawginsc wrote:
There are plenty of guys to remove at this point. Need a roster upheaval.

Remove Goeddel, Milone, Smoker, Reyes, Becerra, Pill, Taijeron; look to trade Robles (who needs a change of scenery), Lagares. I suspect they keep Cabrera, Reynolds and Cheech.

Callaghan is already added.

Protect Bautista, Oswalt, Guillorme and you still have 6 slots for free agent signings and trades.

Uceta and Bashlor are locks.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rule 5 discussion (updated)
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:45 pm 
User avatar
Offline
NYFS Staff

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:37 am
Posts: 23301
Location: charleston, sc
ilikeike29 wrote:
jdawginsc wrote:
There are plenty of guys to remove at this point. Need a roster upheaval.

Remove Goeddel, Milone, Smoker, Reyes, Becerra, Pill, Taijeron; look to trade Robles (who needs a change of scenery), Lagares. I suspect they keep Cabrera, Reynolds and Cheech.

Callaghan is already added.

Protect Bautista, Oswalt, Guillorme and you still have 6 slots for free agent signings and trades.

Uceta and Bashlor are locks.


Can't believe I forgot them... Make that 4 open slots, minus Wright.

It's definitely going to be a sticky one.

_________________
"The most potent weapon of the oppressor is the mind of the oppressed." Steven Biko


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rule 5 discussion (updated)
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:46 pm 
Offline
Fan Favorite

Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:14 am
Posts: 1724
Now that the Mets have added so many relievers I wonder if they will give any of them a shot at starting?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rule 5 discussion (updated)
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:35 am 
User avatar
Offline
Practically A Wilpon

Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:52 pm
Posts: 9255
piazzafan wrote:
Now that the Mets have added so many relievers I wonder if they will give any of them a shot at starting?

Doubt it. The only one I could conceivably see is Ryan but he doesn't have a third pitch and wouldn't be fully stretched out for years basically. This is a guy who hadn't pitched since HS and is 22 now.

Maaaaaaybe you can squeeze Drew Smith but I wouldn't do that either.

The others are already failed starters in pro ball or are low arm slot righties (Nogosek).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rule 5 discussion (updated)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:19 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:57 pm
Posts: 80752
Location: New York, NY
Metro2007 wrote:
A new wrinkle to the 40 man stuff is something I hadn't considered until tweeted by TPGmets BUT Nabil Crismatt, Phil Evans, Victor Cruzado, Alberto Baldonado will all be FA if not added to the 40 man. Crismatt the most obvious "add to keep" of the group in my eyes.

The list (https://tpgmets.blogspot.com/p/minor-fa.html)



Jarrett Seidler‏ @jaseidler 4h4 hours ago
More
Wait no I was right the first time this is totally a block on Evans declaring MILB free agency

_________________
Twit-@Wexlerrules
Staunch anti-BADP (Batting average dependent players)
Pronounced "Dar-No"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rule 5 discussion (updated)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:29 pm 
Offline
Veteran Presence

Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:25 pm
Posts: 4503
I don't think Robles is going anywhere...and I know some of you have Robles fatigue, but he's been good post ASB.

2.73 ERA, 26.1 IP, 33 K's, 13 BB's, .176 BAA

The obvious gripe is he's awful when you need important outs and yep, he's been DREADFUL...but he's made strides the 2nd half of the season, that I don't think the Mets would just throw away. And knowing the Mets, they may just attribute it to bad luck, just needs a refresher...Mets usually don't do "change of scenery" type trades here.

_________________
eternal optimist

You will be missed Carlos!

Remember Met fans, every trade is different and independent from the rest. TIS...Trust in Sandy!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rule 5 discussion (updated)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:43 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:57 pm
Posts: 80752
Location: New York, NY
Mogriffjr wrote:
I don't think Robles is going anywhere...and I know some of you have Robles fatigue, but he's been good post ASB.

2.73 ERA, 26.1 IP, 33 K's, 13 BB's, .176 BAA

The obvious gripe is he's awful when you need important outs and yep, he's been DREADFUL...but he's made strides the 2nd half of the season, that I don't think the Mets would just throw away. And knowing the Mets, they may just attribute it to bad luck, just needs a refresher...Mets usually don't do "change of scenery" type trades here.



I'd keep Robles but the Mets will keep him and treat him like he's a key piece of the bullpen vs. "a guy in the mix".

_________________
Twit-@Wexlerrules
Staunch anti-BADP (Batting average dependent players)
Pronounced "Dar-No"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rule 5 discussion (updated)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:32 pm 
User avatar
Offline
NYFS Staff

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:27 pm
Posts: 23483
Metro2007 wrote:
Metro2007 wrote:
A new wrinkle to the 40 man stuff is something I hadn't considered until tweeted by TPGmets BUT Nabil Crismatt, Phil Evans, Victor Cruzado, Alberto Baldonado will all be FA if not added to the 40 man. Crismatt the most obvious "add to keep" of the group in my eyes.

The list (https://tpgmets.blogspot.com/p/minor-fa.html)



Jarrett Seidler‏ @jaseidler 4h4 hours ago
More
Wait no I was right the first time this is totally a block on Evans declaring MILB free agency


Talk about overthinking something. It took Wilmer getting ruled out for the season, Rosario jamming a finger and AsCab getting sent for an MRI for the Mets to finally give Evans a call. He is here out of necessity. No other reason.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: HeyNowHK, LTKfRGM, tejdog1 and 106 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group


SUPPORT NYFS VIA OUR NETWORK OF SITES: FIND AN AA MEETING | FIND A JOB NEAR YOU | SUICIDE DEPRESSION ADDICTION HELP | BOOK REVIEWS EDITORIAL | LOCAL DOCTORS HOSPITAL EMERGENCY CARE | HOME REPAIR CONTRACTOR BUILDER AC HEAT | LOCAL LIVE MUSIC OPEN MIC JAM | FIND YOUR CONGRESSMAN AND WHERE TO VOTE | WOMEN VETERANS HELP SUPPORT AND RESOURCES | THE SOULCIALISTS LIVE LOCAL PIANO MUSIC TREASURE COAST | PET FRIENDLY PARKS HOTELS | SOLAR WIND RENEWABLE POWER | FILE TAX RETURN ATTORNEY | 4G SEO SMART PHONES TABLET WEB | BIRTHDAY PARTY RENTAL CHARACTERS | HOMES APARTMENTS FOR SALE OR RENT NEAR YOU | SPORT COURT GYM FITNESS CLUB TRACK FIELD | GOLF BEACH RESORT HOTELS RESTAURANTS BED BREAKFAST | HEALTH LIFE AUTO HOME INSURANCE QUOTE | METRO BUS TRAIN SUBWAY AIRPORT HELIPORT | VETERAN TIPS CRAFT DIY RECIPES | ATM BRANCH CONSOLIDATION STUDENT CREDIT LOAN RATES | LOCAL NEWS AND RSS FEEDS | CHRISTMAS BLACK FRIDAY BACK TO SCHOOL SALE | LATEST E NEWS ON MOVIES TV GAMES GIFTS BOOKS | LAST MINUTE ANNIVERSARY BIRTHDAY HOUSE WARMING GIFTS NEAR YOU | LOCAL ARTS CRAFTS SUPPLY STORE | LOCAL HEALTHY HEART DIABETIC RESTAURANTS AND STORES | CHURCH TEMPLE MOSQUE OR PLACE OF WORSHIP NEAR YOU | LOCAL LINKS TO RESTAURANTS AIRPORTS DRUG STORES | DRUG OXY OPIATE ALCOHOL PHYSICAL REHAB | SUICIDE HOTLINE DANIELLE COLBERT PHOTO MUG SHOT | © Untraditional Media

The%20Soulcialists