MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The Heatseekers have been summoned.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:58 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Franchise Player

Joined: Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:46 pm
Posts: 3455
Daaaarryyl wrote:

We've traded for so many relief-only specs I've forgotten who is who...
Mostly Eddie Kunz types. :-D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Heatseekers have been summoned.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:07 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Exec. VP Baseball Operations

Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:55 am
Posts: 8279
nyfuturestars10978 wrote:
Daaaarryyl wrote:

We've traded for so many relief-only specs I've forgotten who is who...
Mostly Eddie Kunz types. :-D


You're too optimistic, my friend.


Eddie Kunz actually reached the major leagues.....

_________________
MarkJohnson>You wrote:

Yeah, and if you're using the "He's 19" logic, then I guess the best report a scout could give us is:


"I have no idea. He's a teenager. He may go through 5 arm surgeries between now and his 30th birthday. He may add a pitch. He may lose a pitch. He may put on 30 lbs and add velocity. He may put on 50 lbs and eat his way out of the league. I literally have no idea what he is going to be."

But thats not what these guys are paid to do, nor what we are looking for them to do, right?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Heatseekers have been summoned.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:13 pm 
Offline
General Manager

Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:45 pm
Posts: 7096
Well so are two of these guys this weekend

_________________
Sell EVERYTHING. Sell Sell Sell
Yes this is necessary.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Heatseekers have been summoned.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:17 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Exec. VP Baseball Operations

Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:55 am
Posts: 8279
TomInNC wrote:
Well so are two of these guys this weekend


You're right.

I was speaking of "mostly" the relievers we got back in the post.


Hey, I'm still bitter about the trade offs.. :x

_________________
MarkJohnson>You wrote:

Yeah, and if you're using the "He's 19" logic, then I guess the best report a scout could give us is:


"I have no idea. He's a teenager. He may go through 5 arm surgeries between now and his 30th birthday. He may add a pitch. He may lose a pitch. He may put on 30 lbs and add velocity. He may put on 50 lbs and eat his way out of the league. I literally have no idea what he is going to be."

But thats not what these guys are paid to do, nor what we are looking for them to do, right?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Heatseekers have been summoned.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:25 pm 
Offline
General Manager

Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:45 pm
Posts: 7096
Daaaarryyl wrote:
TomInNC wrote:
Well so are two of these guys this weekend


You're right.

I was speaking of "mostly" the relievers we got back in the post.


Hey, I'm still bitter about the trade offs.. :x


Don't have to tell me. I'm Mr Grumpy around here

_________________
Sell EVERYTHING. Sell Sell Sell
Yes this is necessary.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Heatseekers have been summoned.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:28 pm 
Online
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:09 am
Posts: 11661
Location: Somebody's stolen my avatar
Ralf wrote:
Prediction. One or both pitch reasonably well and the front office uses it as an excuse to not upgrade the bullpen. Rinse and repeat.


Other areas need to be addressed. That they "fixed" the bullpen by selling expiring vets isn't a bad thing.

_________________
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor, they call me a communist." - Dom Hélder Câmara

I've always loved a good underdog story. Go Mets (2018). I know an underdog when I see one.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Heatseekers have been summoned.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:33 pm 
User avatar
Offline
NYFS Staff

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:37 am
Posts: 23311
Location: charleston, sc
LTKfRGM wrote:
Ralf wrote:
Prediction. One or both pitch reasonably well and the front office uses it as an excuse to not upgrade the bullpen. Rinse and repeat.


Other areas need to be addressed. That they "fixed" the bullpen by selling expiring vets isn't a bad thing.


Exactly. If two or three of the six pan out, and I think that is conservative, that's a potential strength.

I like what Sandy did there, honestly.

I'm bullish on Smith, Ryan and Bautista,

_________________
"The most potent weapon of the oppressor is the mind of the oppressed." Steven Biko


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Heatseekers have been summoned.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:34 pm 
Online
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:09 am
Posts: 11661
Location: Somebody's stolen my avatar
tejdog1 wrote:

Yes because coming into 2017 you know what my first thought was? "Boy it'd be AWESOME if everyone got hurt and we won 64 games! That's what *I* want instead of a gd WS title."


Image

_________________
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor, they call me a communist." - Dom Hélder Câmara

I've always loved a good underdog story. Go Mets (2018). I know an underdog when I see one.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Heatseekers have been summoned.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:47 am 
Offline
Veteran Presence

Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:25 pm
Posts: 4504
jdawginsc wrote:
LTKfRGM wrote:
Ralf wrote:
Prediction. One or both pitch reasonably well and the front office uses it as an excuse to not upgrade the bullpen. Rinse and repeat.


Other areas need to be addressed. That they "fixed" the bullpen by selling expiring vets isn't a bad thing.


Exactly. If two or three of the six pan out, and I think that is conservative, that's a potential strength.

I like what Sandy did there, honestly.

I'm bullish on Smith, Ryan and Bautista,


Sandy may have made a mistake trying to run the same pen out there from last year that lacked "stuff". Now I really don't want to hear the mets are acting cheap and won't sign guys for the pen because it's not really needed when you have to allocated sources more towards a C or maybe a 1B, or 3B, OF. The mets have potentially 5-6 arms that maybe ready, most if not all throw HARD and have good stuff. So there should be no Salas types. I want guys to miss bats, throw 95+ ...Mets have a slew of those guys now. Hell you may have a few closer types. The Mets have flipped their pen. Familia maybe the closed, Ramos has closer type stuff and ability. Blevins is a nice piece, Sewald I like. Take 2-3 of the arms, maybe Gsellman becomes part of the pen and suddenly the pen looks very strong

_________________
eternal optimist

You will be missed Carlos!

Remember Met fans, every trade is different and independent from the rest. TIS...Trust in Sandy!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Heatseekers have been summoned.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:37 pm 
Offline
Fan Favorite

Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:14 am
Posts: 1733
nyfuturestars10978 wrote:
Daaaarryyl wrote:

We've traded for so many relief-only specs I've forgotten who is who...
Mostly Eddie Kunz types. :-D


I think that's being way to harsh on them. So far they look good in the minors and really think that at least 3 of them might be ready to help next year. It's depressing watch guys come in from the pen and you know that whatever lead you have is going to disappear. IMHO the guy we got from the Dodgers and Bautista can be difference makers down the road.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Laxin, Metro2007, ndfordarling, SergioTheLittleMan and 112 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group


SUPPORT NYFS VIA OUR NETWORK OF SITES: FIND AN AA MEETING | FIND A JOB NEAR YOU | SUICIDE DEPRESSION ADDICTION HELP | BOOK REVIEWS EDITORIAL | LOCAL DOCTORS HOSPITAL EMERGENCY CARE | HOME REPAIR CONTRACTOR BUILDER AC HEAT | LOCAL LIVE MUSIC OPEN MIC JAM | FIND YOUR CONGRESSMAN AND WHERE TO VOTE | WOMEN VETERANS HELP SUPPORT AND RESOURCES | THE SOULCIALISTS LIVE LOCAL PIANO MUSIC TREASURE COAST | PET FRIENDLY PARKS HOTELS | SOLAR WIND RENEWABLE POWER | FILE TAX RETURN ATTORNEY | 4G SEO SMART PHONES TABLET WEB | BIRTHDAY PARTY RENTAL CHARACTERS | HOMES APARTMENTS FOR SALE OR RENT NEAR YOU | SPORT COURT GYM FITNESS CLUB TRACK FIELD | GOLF BEACH RESORT HOTELS RESTAURANTS BED BREAKFAST | HEALTH LIFE AUTO HOME INSURANCE QUOTE | METRO BUS TRAIN SUBWAY AIRPORT HELIPORT | VETERAN TIPS CRAFT DIY RECIPES | ATM BRANCH CONSOLIDATION STUDENT CREDIT LOAN RATES | LOCAL NEWS AND RSS FEEDS | CHRISTMAS BLACK FRIDAY BACK TO SCHOOL SALE | LATEST E NEWS ON MOVIES TV GAMES GIFTS BOOKS | LAST MINUTE ANNIVERSARY BIRTHDAY HOUSE WARMING GIFTS NEAR YOU | LOCAL ARTS CRAFTS SUPPLY STORE | LOCAL HEALTHY HEART DIABETIC RESTAURANTS AND STORES | CHURCH TEMPLE MOSQUE OR PLACE OF WORSHIP NEAR YOU | LOCAL LINKS TO RESTAURANTS AIRPORTS DRUG STORES | DRUG OXY OPIATE ALCOHOL PHYSICAL REHAB | SUICIDE HOTLINE DANIELLE COLBERT PHOTO MUG SHOT | © Untraditional Media

The%20Soulcialists