MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Minor League Thread: 9/2/17
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:46 am 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:12 pm
Posts: 38246
Location: Panic City
Steve The Original wrote:
Does anyone know why Petersen only threw one inning last night?


Or 3.2 for the season.

I expected them to be conservative, but I expected around 20 innings.


8)

_________________
Whatever.

8)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Minor League Thread: 9/2/17
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:12 am 
Offline
Veteran Presence

Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:25 pm
Posts: 4503
Good news: Beccera hitting .375 in his last 10 games.

Bad news: only one XBH...And it was a double. Kid needs to seriously overhaul his swing or something...

_________________
eternal optimist

You will be missed Carlos!

Remember Met fans, every trade is different and independent from the rest. TIS...Trust in Sandy!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Minor League Thread: 9/2/17
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:10 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:57 pm
Posts: 80752
Location: New York, NY
Mogriffjr wrote:
Good news: Beccera hitting .375 in his last 10 games.

Bad news: only one XBH...And it was a double. Kid needs to seriously overhaul his swing or something...



Slugging .331 with 131 k's... yikes.

_________________
Twit-@Wexlerrules
Staunch anti-BADP (Batting average dependent players)
Pronounced "Dar-No"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Minor League Thread: 9/2/17
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:17 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Exec. VP Baseball Operations

Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:59 pm
Posts: 8127
Location: Land of the Nats and Redskins
Metro2007 wrote:
Mogriffjr wrote:
Good news: Beccera hitting .375 in his last 10 games.

Bad news: only one XBH...And it was a double. Kid needs to seriously overhaul his swing or something...



Slugging .331 with 131 k's... yikes.


Yeah, he's a non-factor.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Minor League Thread: 9/2/17
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:24 pm 
User avatar
Offline
NYFS Staff

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:37 am
Posts: 23301
Location: charleston, sc
Time to move on from Becerra as a roster guy.

_________________
"The most potent weapon of the oppressor is the mind of the oppressed." Steven Biko


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Minor League Thread: 9/2/17
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:33 pm 
User avatar
Offline
NYFS Staff

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:15 pm
Posts: 39131
Location: The District
jdawginsc wrote:
Time to move on from Becerra as a roster guy.


In a way, around this time of year, players who take themselves out of 40-man consideration are more helpful than guys on the cusp. Keeping a guy on the 40-man who, as it turns out, shouldn't be, is an opportunity lost with nothing gained.

_________________
“Patience is not a virtue unless you take advantage of it by exercising it well,” Alderson said. “Patience is only part of a strategy.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Minor League Thread: 9/2/17
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:32 pm 
User avatar
Offline
General Manager

Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:03 pm
Posts: 7202
I still think Becerra will be a major leaguer but it's probably going to take some time to work back from the shoulder surgery. Iirc Boyd had the same procedure and didn't start playing like his former self until 2 years later.

_________________
Escaped from Elba.
Original drummer for the Wilpons Are Cheap.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Minor League Thread: 9/2/17
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:24 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Practically A Wilpon

Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:52 pm
Posts: 9255
Ralf wrote:
I still think Becerra will be a major leaguer but it's probably going to take some time to work back from the shoulder surgery. Iirc Boyd had the same procedure and didn't start playing like his former self until 2 years later.

Boyd had TOS


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Minor League Thread: 9/2/17
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:26 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:11 am
Posts: 21069
Location: NYC
ilikeike29 wrote:
Ralf wrote:
I still think Becerra will be a major leaguer but it's probably going to take some time to work back from the shoulder surgery. Iirc Boyd had the same procedure and didn't start playing like his former self until 2 years later.

Boyd had TOS

which shoulder?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Minor League Thread: 9/2/17
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:25 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Practically A Wilpon

Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:52 pm
Posts: 9255
HeyNowHK wrote:
ilikeike29 wrote:
Ralf wrote:
I still think Becerra will be a major leaguer but it's probably going to take some time to work back from the shoulder surgery. Iirc Boyd had the same procedure and didn't start playing like his former self until 2 years later.

Boyd had TOS

which shoulder?

Throwing shoulder I believe.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Minor League Thread: 9/2/17
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:48 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:11 am
Posts: 21069
Location: NYC
Yes I do recall that. His throwing was supposedly going to be compromised. No idea how he's progressed TBH. The bat has come on tho.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Minor League Thread: 9/2/17
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:37 am 
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:09 am
Posts: 11630
Location: Somebody's stolen my avatar
I was a big Becerra believer last year, but not much anymore. I wouldn't object if the mets cut him from the 40.

_________________
http://hasthelargehadroncolliderdestroyedtheworldyet.com

and, I've always loved a good underdog story. Go Mets (2018).


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Disco Ball, dragonfly, Google [Bot], johnnypark and 99 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group


SUPPORT NYFS VIA OUR NETWORK OF SITES: FIND AN AA MEETING | FIND A JOB NEAR YOU | SUICIDE DEPRESSION ADDICTION HELP | BOOK REVIEWS EDITORIAL | LOCAL DOCTORS HOSPITAL EMERGENCY CARE | HOME REPAIR CONTRACTOR BUILDER AC HEAT | LOCAL LIVE MUSIC OPEN MIC JAM | FIND YOUR CONGRESSMAN AND WHERE TO VOTE | WOMEN VETERANS HELP SUPPORT AND RESOURCES | THE SOULCIALISTS LIVE LOCAL PIANO MUSIC TREASURE COAST | PET FRIENDLY PARKS HOTELS | SOLAR WIND RENEWABLE POWER | FILE TAX RETURN ATTORNEY | 4G SEO SMART PHONES TABLET WEB | BIRTHDAY PARTY RENTAL CHARACTERS | HOMES APARTMENTS FOR SALE OR RENT NEAR YOU | SPORT COURT GYM FITNESS CLUB TRACK FIELD | GOLF BEACH RESORT HOTELS RESTAURANTS BED BREAKFAST | HEALTH LIFE AUTO HOME INSURANCE QUOTE | METRO BUS TRAIN SUBWAY AIRPORT HELIPORT | VETERAN TIPS CRAFT DIY RECIPES | ATM BRANCH CONSOLIDATION STUDENT CREDIT LOAN RATES | LOCAL NEWS AND RSS FEEDS | CHRISTMAS BLACK FRIDAY BACK TO SCHOOL SALE | LATEST E NEWS ON MOVIES TV GAMES GIFTS BOOKS | LAST MINUTE ANNIVERSARY BIRTHDAY HOUSE WARMING GIFTS NEAR YOU | LOCAL ARTS CRAFTS SUPPLY STORE | LOCAL HEALTHY HEART DIABETIC RESTAURANTS AND STORES | CHURCH TEMPLE MOSQUE OR PLACE OF WORSHIP NEAR YOU | LOCAL LINKS TO RESTAURANTS AIRPORTS DRUG STORES | DRUG OXY OPIATE ALCOHOL PHYSICAL REHAB | SUICIDE HOTLINE DANIELLE COLBERT PHOTO MUG SHOT | © Untraditional Media

The%20Soulcialists