MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 693 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 58  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: The 2018 Manager Search Thread
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:28 am 
User avatar
Offline
General Manager

Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:03 pm
Posts: 7202
Names bandied about so far:

Gardenhire
McEwing
Dick Scott
Not Wally Backman

_________________
Escaped from Elba.
Original drummer for the Wilpons Are Cheap.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 2018 Manager Search Thread
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:30 am 
User avatar
Offline
General Manager

Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:03 pm
Posts: 7202
Also

Manny Acta
Bob Melvin (to appease Cespedes)
Don Wakamatsu

_________________
Escaped from Elba.
Original drummer for the Wilpons Are Cheap.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 2018 Manager Search Thread
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:35 am 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:11 am
Posts: 21069
Location: NYC
Ralf wrote:
Names bandied about so far:



Who's doing this bandying?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 2018 Manager Search Thread
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:37 am 
User avatar
Offline
General Manager

Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:03 pm
Posts: 7202
HeyNowHK wrote:
Ralf wrote:
Names bandied about so far:



Who's doing this bandying?


They.

_________________
Escaped from Elba.
Original drummer for the Wilpons Are Cheap.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 2018 Manager Search Thread
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:44 am 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:11 am
Posts: 21069
Location: NYC
Ralf wrote:
HeyNowHK wrote:
Ralf wrote:
Names bandied about so far:



Who's doing this bandying?


They.

huh...?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 2018 Manager Search Thread
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:50 am 
User avatar
Offline
Manager

Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:36 pm
Posts: 6504
Honestly I don't think anyone gives a hoot about the manager at the moment outside of the Mets front office maybe. The only difference between Terry and the other faceless yes-men Sandy would hire is fans have Terry fatigue but Terry at least has enough gravitas to deal with most of the vets.

Heck first it has to be established that Sandy himself is coming back. We're not 100% he's doing the hiring.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 2018 Manager Search Thread
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:00 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:12 pm
Posts: 38246
Location: Panic City
Reyes and Cabrera should be Co-Player/Managers.


8)

_________________
Whatever.

8)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 2018 Manager Search Thread
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:10 pm 
User avatar
Offline
General Manager

Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:03 pm
Posts: 7202
AllWrightNow wrote:
Honestly I don't think anyone gives a hoot about the manager at the moment outside of the Mets front office maybe. The only difference between Terry and the other faceless yes-men Sandy would hire is fans have Terry fatigue but Terry at least has enough gravitas to deal with most of the vets.

Heck first it has to be established that Sandy himself is coming back. We're not 100% he's doing the hiring.


I believe a few of the beat guys addressed this already. They have been able to get quotes from people in ownership/management that Sandy is likely to be back but the tell is that they haven't been able to get a single quote about Terry. Its fait accompli for Terry.

_________________
Escaped from Elba.
Original drummer for the Wilpons Are Cheap.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 2018 Manager Search Thread
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:22 pm 
User avatar
Offline
NYFS Hall of Famer

Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:55 pm
Posts: 5249
Ozzie guillen


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 2018 Manager Search Thread
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:23 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:11 am
Posts: 21069
Location: NYC
Ralf wrote:
AllWrightNow wrote:
Honestly I don't think anyone gives a hoot about the manager at the moment outside of the Mets front office maybe. The only difference between Terry and the other faceless yes-men Sandy would hire is fans have Terry fatigue but Terry at least has enough gravitas to deal with most of the vets.

Heck first it has to be established that Sandy himself is coming back. We're not 100% he's doing the hiring.


I believe a few of the beat guys addressed this already. They have been able to get quotes from people in ownership/management that Sandy is likely to be back but the tell is that they haven't been able to get a single quote about Terry. Its fait accompli for Terry.

I think this is pretty well accepted around the league as TC's last year. I am questioning where most of those names came from however. Sounds like a Jim Duquette list. Aside from McEwing or Gardy, I don't think those other names would get much consideration.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 2018 Manager Search Thread
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:31 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:11 am
Posts: 21069
Location: NYC
AllWrightNow wrote:
Honestly I don't think anyone gives a hoot about the manager at the moment outside of the Mets front office maybe. The only difference between Terry and the other faceless yes-men Sandy would hire is fans have Terry fatigue but Terry at least has enough gravitas to deal with most of the vets.

Heck first it has to be established that Sandy himself is coming back. We're not 100% he's doing the hiring.


While I wouldn't totally dismiss the importance of the next manager, I agree if you're saying it's not as important as some will make it. I'm more focused on what they'll do to reshape the roster. Wasn't there a 2018 plans thread somewhere..?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 2018 Manager Search Thread
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:33 pm 
User avatar
Offline
General Manager

Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:03 pm
Posts: 7202
HeyNowHK wrote:
I think this is pretty well accepted around the league as TC's last year. I am questioning where most of those names came from however. Sounds like a Jim Duquette list. Aside from McEwing or Gardy, I don't think those other names would get much consideration.


The first list was Puma or Vacarro. I always get those two mixed up.
The second was Klapisch iirc (it was NJ.com).

_________________
Escaped from Elba.
Original drummer for the Wilpons Are Cheap.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 693 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 58  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 103 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group


SUPPORT NYFS VIA OUR NETWORK OF SITES: FIND AN AA MEETING | FIND A JOB NEAR YOU | SUICIDE DEPRESSION ADDICTION HELP | BOOK REVIEWS EDITORIAL | LOCAL DOCTORS HOSPITAL EMERGENCY CARE | HOME REPAIR CONTRACTOR BUILDER AC HEAT | LOCAL LIVE MUSIC OPEN MIC JAM | FIND YOUR CONGRESSMAN AND WHERE TO VOTE | WOMEN VETERANS HELP SUPPORT AND RESOURCES | THE SOULCIALISTS LIVE LOCAL PIANO MUSIC TREASURE COAST | PET FRIENDLY PARKS HOTELS | SOLAR WIND RENEWABLE POWER | FILE TAX RETURN ATTORNEY | 4G SEO SMART PHONES TABLET WEB | BIRTHDAY PARTY RENTAL CHARACTERS | HOMES APARTMENTS FOR SALE OR RENT NEAR YOU | SPORT COURT GYM FITNESS CLUB TRACK FIELD | GOLF BEACH RESORT HOTELS RESTAURANTS BED BREAKFAST | HEALTH LIFE AUTO HOME INSURANCE QUOTE | METRO BUS TRAIN SUBWAY AIRPORT HELIPORT | VETERAN TIPS CRAFT DIY RECIPES | ATM BRANCH CONSOLIDATION STUDENT CREDIT LOAN RATES | LOCAL NEWS AND RSS FEEDS | CHRISTMAS BLACK FRIDAY BACK TO SCHOOL SALE | LATEST E NEWS ON MOVIES TV GAMES GIFTS BOOKS | LAST MINUTE ANNIVERSARY BIRTHDAY HOUSE WARMING GIFTS NEAR YOU | LOCAL ARTS CRAFTS SUPPLY STORE | LOCAL HEALTHY HEART DIABETIC RESTAURANTS AND STORES | CHURCH TEMPLE MOSQUE OR PLACE OF WORSHIP NEAR YOU | LOCAL LINKS TO RESTAURANTS AIRPORTS DRUG STORES | DRUG OXY OPIATE ALCOHOL PHYSICAL REHAB | SUICIDE HOTLINE DANIELLE COLBERT PHOTO MUG SHOT | © Untraditional Media

The%20Soulcialists