Switch to full style
Discuss the Mets and their minor leaguers.
Post a reply

Re: IGT - @Braves 9/17

Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:16 pm

jdawginsc wrote:Not sure I am jumping the fun a bit, but I really like Phil Evans swing...it's a lot different than when I saw him in the low minors...it explodes through the strike zone better.

Might be a sleeper.

I thought he might hit some, but he looks better than expected for me defensively. He looks solid at 3B, could maybe give you something close to what you would get there from Cabrera.

They should be keeping him over Reynolds, anyway.

Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:01 pm

acerimusdux wrote:
jdawginsc wrote:Not sure I am jumping the fun a bit, but I really like Phil Evans swing...it's a lot different than when I saw him in the low minors...it explodes through the strike zone better.

Might be a sleeper.

I thought he might hit some, but he looks better than expected for me defensively. He looks solid at 3B, could maybe give you something close to what you would get there from Cabrera.

Looks like his hands are pretty good. And his actions looked fluid. Coming thru the minors as a SS never hurts. The early reviews have to be positive. Physically resembles Kevin Mitchell, no??

And btw, ACab is certainly making a strong effort to have his option picked up. As i said with him months ago, the only place he's viable defensively is at 3B. he sucks up the middle.

Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:32 pm

I'd keep Evans too (and I'm surprised I'm saying this cause I wasn't a believer two weeks ago), but he's earned a longer look and he probably looks fine at 2nd too. Good depth to have on the team with our long term questions at 2nd and 3rd.

They have too many not a SS infielders (Wilmer, TJ, Cheech, Evans), but I think giving up Evans would be dumb given what he's shown.

Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:35 pm

HeyNowHK wrote:
acerimusdux wrote:

Might be a sleeper.

Looks like his hands are pretty good. And his actions looked fluid. Coming thru the minors as a SS never hurts. The early reviews have to be positive. Physically resembles Kevin Mitchell, no??

And btw, ACab is certainly making a strong effort to have his option picked up. As i said with him months ago, the only place he's viable defensively is at 3B. he sucks up the middle.

Cabrera at $8.25 million for 1 year looks like a no brainer at this point.

1b Smith
2b Flores
3b Cabrera
ss Rosario

Keeps Flores off the left side of the infield where he's a joke. He can play 1B against LHP. Defensively, your best defense player plays 3B.

Only thing that concerns me is the overall offense you'll get from that infield. They still need to add a big bat to the offense as far as I'm concerned. Just not sure what position they can realistically snd logically upgrade.
Post a reply