MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: IGT - @ Fish 9/18
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:30 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:57 pm
Posts: 80752
Location: New York, NY
dragonfly wrote:
Considering Harvey's ERA with the Twins is nearly 2 runs lower than Harvey's season ERA, I fail to see why that's a negative.



So you think DeGrom/Thor/Colon/Wheeler/Gsellman represents a contending rotation in 2018 given the likely lineup? Realistically? This is a bad team with a bad farm system. Very few difference makers. Very little depth. It's bad and they don't have a FO that has shown any inclination to make many moves even when they "had" to.

_________________
Twit-@Wexlerrules
Staunch anti-BADP (Batting average dependent players)
Pronounced "Dar-No"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: IGT - @ Fish 9/18
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:34 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:57 pm
Posts: 80752
Location: New York, NY
Who do you even "dream" on? That Rosario is a superstar next season? I don't think even Dom's biggest fans think he's going to be a big star in 2018, Nimmo? Wilmer suddenly something he's never been? Plawecki the dream would be what? A solid regular? It's sad but true, the Mets are in bad shape now and likely are next year (and beyond) unless some of their "top" (Dunn, Lindsay etc) suddenly turn it around and they draft well.

_________________
Twit-@Wexlerrules
Staunch anti-BADP (Batting average dependent players)
Pronounced "Dar-No"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: IGT - @ Fish 9/18
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:40 pm 
Offline
NYFS Hall of Famer

Joined: Mon May 21, 2007 12:17 pm
Posts: 5660
Well isn't the tank supposed to save this franchise?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: IGT - @ Fish 9/18
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:42 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:57 pm
Posts: 80752
Location: New York, NY
dragonfly wrote:
Well isn't the tank supposed to save this franchise?



This isn't basketball. "Tanking" doesn't turn anything around. Maybe if you pick first overall and land a Harper or you land a Buxton but even then.... They will look to contend with a mediocre roster and we will have to pray that DeGrom and Thor carry them to being contenders...

_________________
Twit-@Wexlerrules
Staunch anti-BADP (Batting average dependent players)
Pronounced "Dar-No"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: IGT - @ Fish 9/18
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:48 pm 
Offline
General Manager

Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:45 pm
Posts: 7084
Come on!! I've been getting sold on the tank since game 53 or so. Trade off the older guys, bring in younger talent. Retool in the off season with all the money off the books and compete in 2018.

You mean this isn't really happening? I'm shocked. SHOCKED I tell you.

_________________
Sell EVERYTHING. Sell Sell Sell
Yes this is necessary.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: IGT - @ Fish 9/18
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:51 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:57 pm
Posts: 80752
Location: New York, NY
Winning 68 games is "better" than winning 77 games for draft purposes but "tanking" in itself does nothing (I guess in theory a truly horrendous year would cause a FO to make more moves than a "mediocre" one) but the way things went down the Mets will again gamble on "health". Book it.

_________________
Twit-@Wexlerrules
Staunch anti-BADP (Batting average dependent players)
Pronounced "Dar-No"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: IGT - @ Fish 9/18
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:51 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:11 am
Posts: 21069
Location: NYC
TomInNC wrote:
Come on!! I've been getting sold on the tank since game 53 or so. Trade off the older guys, bring in younger talent. Retool in the off season with all the money off the books and compete in 2018.

You mean this isn't really happening? I'm shocked. SHOCKED I tell you.

Wait. What does the sell off of players on expiring contracts have to do with whatever they do or don't do this winter? Every one of those players you didn't want them to trade was going to be a FA this winter regardless of whether they played out the year in a Mets uniform or not.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: IGT - @ Fish 9/18
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:56 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:57 pm
Posts: 80752
Location: New York, NY
I'm curious, which positions do people believe the Mets are going to be "above average" next season? LF if healthy, RF MAJOR "if healthy", top 2 SP, where else?

_________________
Twit-@Wexlerrules
Staunch anti-BADP (Batting average dependent players)
Pronounced "Dar-No"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: IGT - @ Fish 9/18
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:12 pm 
Offline
General Manager

Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:45 pm
Posts: 7084
Metro2007 wrote:
I'm curious, which positions do people believe the Mets are going to be "above average" next season? LF if healthy, RF MAJOR "if healthy", top 2 SP, where else?


Need to add an "if healthy" to one of those SP spots too.

_________________
Sell EVERYTHING. Sell Sell Sell
Yes this is necessary.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: IGT - @ Fish 9/18
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:14 pm 
Offline
General Manager

Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:45 pm
Posts: 7084
HeyNowHK wrote:
TomInNC wrote:
Come on!! I've been getting sold on the tank since game 53 or so. Trade off the older guys, bring in younger talent. Retool in the off season with all the money off the books and compete in 2018.

You mean this isn't really happening? I'm shocked. SHOCKED I tell you.

Wait. What does the sell off of players on expiring contracts have to do with whatever they do or don't do this winter? Every one of those players you didn't want them to trade was going to be a FA this winter regardless of whether they played out the year in a Mets uniform or not.


Unless we're going with the "we can resign them in the off season" thing, it is easier to retain someone when they're already in your clubhouse.

_________________
Sell EVERYTHING. Sell Sell Sell
Yes this is necessary.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: IGT - @ Fish 9/18
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:15 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:56 pm
Posts: 59177
I can't stand Colon but the Mets will be far better off if they dump Harvey and bring in some sort of known mediocrity than they would be betting on Harvey. That's not controversial.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: IGT - @ Fish 9/18
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:25 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:11 am
Posts: 21069
Location: NYC
TomInNC wrote:
HeyNowHK wrote:
TomInNC wrote:
Come on!! I've been getting sold on the tank since game 53 or so. Trade off the older guys, bring in younger talent. Retool in the off season with all the money off the books and compete in 2018.

You mean this isn't really happening? I'm shocked. SHOCKED I tell you.

Wait. What does the sell off of players on expiring contracts have to do with whatever they do or don't do this winter? Every one of those players you didn't want them to trade was going to be a FA this winter regardless of whether they played out the year in a Mets uniform or not.


Unless we're going with the "we can resign them in the off season" thing, it is easier to retain someone when they're already in your clubhouse.


Who do you want to re-sign?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], LTKfRGM, Mavericknyc1980, underdog and 99 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group


SUPPORT NYFS VIA OUR NETWORK OF SITES: FIND AN AA MEETING | FIND A JOB NEAR YOU | SUICIDE DEPRESSION ADDICTION HELP | BOOK REVIEWS EDITORIAL | LOCAL DOCTORS HOSPITAL EMERGENCY CARE | HOME REPAIR CONTRACTOR BUILDER AC HEAT | LOCAL LIVE MUSIC OPEN MIC JAM | FIND YOUR CONGRESSMAN AND WHERE TO VOTE | WOMEN VETERANS HELP SUPPORT AND RESOURCES | THE SOULCIALISTS LIVE LOCAL PIANO MUSIC TREASURE COAST | PET FRIENDLY PARKS HOTELS | SOLAR WIND RENEWABLE POWER | FILE TAX RETURN ATTORNEY | 4G SEO SMART PHONES TABLET WEB | BIRTHDAY PARTY RENTAL CHARACTERS | HOMES APARTMENTS FOR SALE OR RENT NEAR YOU | SPORT COURT GYM FITNESS CLUB TRACK FIELD | GOLF BEACH RESORT HOTELS RESTAURANTS BED BREAKFAST | HEALTH LIFE AUTO HOME INSURANCE QUOTE | METRO BUS TRAIN SUBWAY AIRPORT HELIPORT | VETERAN TIPS CRAFT DIY RECIPES | ATM BRANCH CONSOLIDATION STUDENT CREDIT LOAN RATES | LOCAL NEWS AND RSS FEEDS | CHRISTMAS BLACK FRIDAY BACK TO SCHOOL SALE | LATEST E NEWS ON MOVIES TV GAMES GIFTS BOOKS | LAST MINUTE ANNIVERSARY BIRTHDAY HOUSE WARMING GIFTS NEAR YOU | LOCAL ARTS CRAFTS SUPPLY STORE | LOCAL HEALTHY HEART DIABETIC RESTAURANTS AND STORES | CHURCH TEMPLE MOSQUE OR PLACE OF WORSHIP NEAR YOU | LOCAL LINKS TO RESTAURANTS AIRPORTS DRUG STORES | DRUG OXY OPIATE ALCOHOL PHYSICAL REHAB | SUICIDE HOTLINE DANIELLE COLBERT PHOTO MUG SHOT | © Untraditional Media

The%20Soulcialists