Switch to full style
Discuss the Mets and their minor leaguers.
Post a reply

Re: IGT- Nats 9/22

Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:47 pm

SergioTheLittleMan wrote:
HeyNowHK wrote:
AllWrightNow wrote:I have trouble evaluating a guy like D'arnaud who's suddenly come to life in junktime. Did he actually find something this month, or is he just hitting now that the pressure's off? With Reyes we KNOW what the answer is to that...

On the contrary, suddenly the pressure is on him now that Plaw looks like a real ML catcher.

Nope. Mets finally listen to our man Sergio on Sept 5 both giving TDA boost of confidence (http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseb ... -1.3475209) and moving him into 4/5 in the order.

The rest is history, albeit a limited one. Coincidence? Could be but it coincided exactly, to the day, with Sandy's statement.

“It’s a big compliment for the both of us,” d’Arnaud said of Alderson’s comments.

P.S There's a reasonable chance that TDA will be the player who will most benefit from a new manager.

The vote of confidence helps but he’s also finally found a good swing with a big leg kick that’s helping his hitting.

Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:12 pm

It's really easy to be down on this team, but if Plaw/d'Arnaud, Smith, Nimmo, Rosario all contribute next year, and if Gsellman, Matz & Wheeler are less awful and a full year of Thor. The team has a shot.

I'm not saying I believe, only that they've maybe got a puncher's chance at returning to playoffs.

Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:25 pm

LTKfRGM wrote:It's really easy to be down on this team, but if Plaw/d'Arnaud, Smith, Nimmo, Rosario all contribute next year, and if Gsellman, Matz & Wheeler are less awful and a full year of Thor. The team has a shot.

I'm not saying I believe, only that they've maybe got a puncher's chance at returning to playoffs.

The problem is that's the Mets' whole philosophy - rely on ifs and be shocked - SHOCKED! - when they don't all pan out.

Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:32 am

That's half a line-up to "hope they contribute"? Count me as not convinced

Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:02 am

LTKfRGM wrote:It's really easy to be down on this team, but if Plaw/d'Arnaud, Smith, Nimmo, Rosario all contribute next year, and if Gsellman, Matz & Wheeler are less awful and a full year of Thor. The team has a shot.

We're Mets fans. We're supposed to believe. If we don't have March, what do we have? Isn't that literally our identity as fans?

Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:13 pm

northway wrote:

We're Mets fans. We're supposed to believe. If we don't have March, what do we have? Isn't that literally our identity as fans?

Well we all know the Wilpons love for the Brooklyn Dodgers whose motto was after all "Wait till next year!"
Post a reply