Switch to full style
Discuss the Mets and their minor leaguers.
Post a reply

Re: IGT: Thor/Harv vs. Nats

Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:53 am

dragonfly wrote:
johnnymets176 wrote:Harvey is so bad its scary, i mean hes worse than Montero, cant get a K to save his life, i would nontender...

He’s brutal. It almost feels like any time he gets an out it’s just out of pure luck.

Not the Harvey I saw last night. His FB was 93-95 and his slider was, at times, right on. Yes, the results were meh because of a couple of home runs but there was evidence of some life in his pitches.

Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:13 am

Harv looks like he could be improving.

Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:48 am

nyfuturestars10978 wrote:Harv looks like he could be improving.

From disastrous to just horrible?

Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:13 am

I'd rather see horrible, to meh, to hmm...than the reverse.

He will be tendered. May as well look for improvement signs.

Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:10 pm

Harvey is unwatchable. "Improvement" means sustained success as far as I'm concerned and he hasn't shown anything. He's done. No need to be afraid he will burn us like Murphy. He won't.

Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:55 pm

Because I'm sure he should be an ace coming off TOS immediately. Makes total sense.

Anywho, I've seen more life and movement on his pitches lately...he's still lacking command but he'll be back next year and better I feel.

Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:19 pm

Such optimism here~

After seeing him last night, I am convinced he has a future. He will never be the Harvey he was, but clearly, I believe he has the stuff to be eventually a #3. And this has nothing to do whether he will be tendered or not.

Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:20 pm

Mogriffjr wrote:Because I'm sure he should be an ace coming off TOS immediately. Makes total sense.

Anywho, I've seen more life and movement on his pitches lately...he's still lacking command but he'll be back next year and better I feel.

Thank you!!

Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:41 pm

So, do we know if Noah's arm has fallen off yet?

Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:48 pm

HeyNowHK wrote:So, do we know if Noah's arm has fallen off yet?

Next game they're going to try to stretch him out to 10 pitches.

8)

Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:06 pm

Harvey is probably going to have to learn to pitch again in the same way that most pitchers have to make big changes after age takes away some of their velocity.

Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:02 pm

R Nitelight wrote:
HeyNowHK wrote:So, do we know if Noah's arm has fallen off yet?

Next game they're going to try to stretch him out to 10 pitches.

8)

:lol:
Post a reply