Switch to full style
Discuss the Mets and their minor leaguers.
Post a reply

Re: IGT - Braves 9/25 DHer!

Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:01 pm

dragonfly wrote:Just turned it on to hear the booth sighing and grunting.

This season needs to end. This booth is more unbearable than the product on the field most nights and that’s hard to do. Just complain about the same stuff night after night. Time for new blood.

Huh? These guys make the whole thing bearable. I'd hate to think what the experience would be without them.

Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:06 pm

HeyNowHK wrote:
dragonfly wrote:Just turned it on to hear the booth sighing and grunting.

This season needs to end. This booth is more unbearable than the product on the field most nights and that’s hard to do. Just complain about the same stuff night after night. Time for new blood.

Huh? These guys make the whole thing bearable. I'd hate to think what the experience would be without them.

I'd rather watch on mute and listen to music. I can only listen to them moan and groan about the same thing every night. They can't possibly appeal to a lot of people under 30 who are already tired of dealing with older people constantly knocking their generation and comparing life to the way it used to be.

They're good but not nearly as perfect as all their fanboys make them out to be.

Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:15 pm

Speaking of the broadcasting, I think Wayne does a really nice job when he's had to fill in for Josh recently on the radio side. Of course I don't think anyone does pbp better than Howie so that's a nice pair, Howie and Wayne. I'm not crazy about Josh but I don't dislike him.

Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:18 pm

Mets have hit into 3 DPs already in this game.

Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:18 pm

I'm probably more irritable listening to them and watching this current roster play I must admit. They still make me laugh a couple of times a game but I really need less "back in our day" talk.

I do love Howie's play-by-play and his sense of humor. I haven't heard Wayne yet.

Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:23 pm

There definitely is a lot / too much back in the day talk and I do have concerns about how that sounds to someone who never even say Keith and Ron play. But I think there's nearly zero chance I'd be watching these games now w/o them. And the whole production team makes a real effort to make these non-entertaining games entertaining. Like the interview with the long-time season ticket holder the other day, who was very well-spoken.

Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:53 pm

Nimmo up to .274/.393/.433 and the one young guy that really stood out to me the last few months. He might be the perfect leadoff hitter for this team next season.

Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:12 pm

nice shot by d'Arnuad.

double and HR tonight. Looking pretty good lately.

Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:15 pm

I'm telling you. TdA finally found his swing

Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:35 pm

Latest example of that Dom Smith game changing defense.

"[ ] with better defense" comps ftw.

Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:35 pm

All these young players look like they've been coached so poorly until now. It's amazing how many mental mistakes I've seen.

Smith just completed froze up there.

Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:37 pm

MarkJohnson>You wrote:Latest example of that Dom Smith game changing defense.

"[ ] with better defense" comps ftw.

That's a very convenient time to post this but his defense has been pretty good actually. Rosario on the other hand has looked a lot worse than I expected - other than his range which will get him all kinds of high marks on Fangraphs, his head never appears to be in game.
Post a reply