Switch to full style
Discuss the Mets and their minor leaguers.
Post a reply

Re: IGT - Braves 9/25 DHer!

Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:28 pm

Mogriffjr wrote:I'm telling you. TdA finally found his swing

Sell high!

Re: IGT - Braves 9/25 DHer!

Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:44 pm

Someone should write a piece on how Lugo could be our Andrew Miller next year and beyond.

Re: IGT - Braves 9/25 DHer!

Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:03 am

Unimpressed with d'Awful.

Nimmo may be a real though

Re: IGT - Braves 9/25 DHer!

Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:06 am

Ralf wrote:Someone should write a piece on how Lugo could be our Andrew Miller next year and beyond.

Not following... why are we thinking that? Isn't he pretty valuable as a potential #3/4 SPer?

Re: IGT - Braves 9/25 DHer!

Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:09 am

Ciarán wrote:Unimpressed with d'Awful.

Nimmo may be a real though

And once he really adjusts and cuts down on the Ks, he could be really good.

Re: IGT - Braves 9/25 DHer!

Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:43 am

Enjoying Nimmo's enthusiasm! He looks like he could be a keeper.

TDA is driving the ball The platoon would be league average at best next year but somebody has to bat 8th. As long as the spend money elsewhere - which is always the big question

Re: IGT - Braves 9/25 DHer!

Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:12 am

Yeah but d'Arnaud can't bat 8th!!!!!

Re: IGT - Braves 9/25 DHer!

Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:19 am

I wouldn't get too attached to Nimmo. Its telling that he's been playing LF and not RF. He's likely going to be traded this offseason for upgrades elsewhere.

Re: IGT - Braves 9/25 DHer!

Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:21 am

HeyNowHK wrote:
Ralf wrote:Someone should write a piece on how Lugo could be our Andrew Miller next year and beyond.

Not following... why are we thinking that? Isn't he pretty valuable as a potential #3/4 SPer?


Cerrone has been oddly fixated on a Lugo/Miller comp for the past two years.

Re: IGT - Braves 9/25 DHer!

Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:51 am

Ralf wrote:I wouldn't get too attached to Nimmo. Its telling that he's been playing LF and not RF. He's likely going to be traded this offseason for upgrades elsewhere.

I mean of course anything is possible but it's a little odd to be hitching your wagon to this particular player getting traded considering that they are thin in the OF and also that it appears he fits the team's paradigm of being selective at the plate.... not to mention that they invested a lot of time in developing him and that he was SA's very first draft pick.

And btw, I don't know what conclusion should be drawn by him playing LF. Like other things Terry does, there prob isn't a lot of deep meaning associated with it. I think he's looked very solid in the OF, fwiw. And I would certainly expect him to see plenty of time in CF next year (if he's here :wink: ).

Re: IGT - Braves 9/25 DHer!

Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:00 am

HeyNowHK wrote:
Ralf wrote:I wouldn't get too attached to Nimmo. Its telling that he's been playing LF and not RF. He's likely going to be traded this offseason for upgrades elsewhere.

I mean of course anything is possible but it's a little odd to be hitching your wagon to this particular player getting traded considering that they are thin in the OF and also that it appears he fits the team's paradigm of being selective at the plate.... not to mention that they invested a lot of time in developing him and that he was SA's very first draft pick.

And btw, I don't know what conclusion should be drawn by him playing LF. Like other things Terry does, there prob isn't a lot of deep meaning associated with it. I think he's looked very solid in the OF, fwiw. And I would certainly expect him to see plenty of time in CF next year (if he's here :wink: ).


I just think that if he was part of the plan FOR THIS TEAM moving forward, he would be playing RF or CF 5 out of 5 days. He will get virtually zero run in LF next year because of Ces. His only two spots ON THIS TEAM are CF and RF. It just seems logical that they would want to see him in those roles if he was in the plan. On most other teams he's a LFer so this (to me at least) seems more like the Mets auditioning him for other franchises.

We shall see.

Re: IGT - Braves 9/25 DHer!

Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:13 am

As far as where he plays in the OF, I agree. But again, we are talking about Terry and I just can't get invested in specific player decisions he's made as they possibly relate to next season. And considering how down some seem to be about Lagares's bat, it would be a pretty surprising twist to see them move Nimmo.

If there is any "thought process" involved, it's that they want to see as much of Aoki as possible bc that's where a decision on next yr has to be made - whether to tender him or not. And giving Lagares as much PT as possible now means that where Nimmo plays is the lowest priority of the 3 players.
Post a reply