Switch to full style
Discuss the Mets and their minor leaguers.
Post a reply

So, which mets pitcher opens in the minors next year?

Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:20 pm

According to DiComo, the mets will look to sign a starting pitcher (a move that I agree with).

http://m.mets.mlb.com/news/article/2565 ... e-in-2018/

If everyone is healthy then there's not room for everyone.

Thor, deGrom, Free Agent. (Dicomo says Harvey should get a spot, but I think he'll have to earn it in the Spring and Harvey will be pitching in a contract year so I think he's got a shot).

He thinks Lugo will be the easiest transition to the pen and that Montero (out of options) will probably be assigned to the pen, which leaves 1 spot for Matz/Wheeler/Gsellman and two of those 2 have a legit chance of opening in Vegas next year.

Re: So, which mets pitcher opens in the minors next year?

Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:37 pm

Matz, Wheeler, Lugo, and Gsellman wil all have at least one option left, and can be assigned to AAA if needed. Harvey if he doesn't make it probably gets cut after ST, since his contract would not be guaranteed in that case.

Re: So, which mets pitcher opens in the minors next year?

Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:00 pm

Just do what the Dodgers have done and keep two different starters on the 10-day DL all season.

Re: So, which mets pitcher opens in the minors next year?

Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:11 pm

LTKfRGM wrote:A

If everyone is healthy then there's not room for everyone.




God, you're adorable.


8)

Re: So, which mets pitcher opens in the minors next year?

Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:23 pm

Metsfan980 wrote:Just do what the Dodgers have done and keep two different starters on the 10-day DL all season.


I was thinking that, but I was also thinking what Nitey pointed out, so I opted for the middle ground. Not too much optimism or realism, but yes, if they actually make it work, it could be a legit rotation with shuffling people back and forth. They won't even have to do the 10 day DL for some of these guys with options.

Re: So, which mets pitcher opens in the minors next year?

Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:20 pm

Pretty confident Flexen is Las Vegas opening day starter.

Re: So, which mets pitcher opens in the minors next year?

Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:35 pm

LTKfRGM wrote:According to DiComo, the mets will look to sign a starting pitcher (a move that I agree with).

http://m.mets.mlb.com/news/article/2565 ... e-in-2018/

If everyone is healthy then there's not room for everyone.

Thor, deGrom, Free Agent. (Dicomo says Harvey should get a spot, but I think he'll have to earn it in the Spring and Harvey will be pitching in a contract year so I think he's got a shot).

He thinks Lugo will be the easiest transition to the pen and that Montero (out of options) will probably be assigned to the pen, which leaves 1 spot for Matz/Wheeler/Gsellman and two of those 2 have a legit chance of opening in Vegas next year.


:lol:

Re: So, which mets pitcher opens in the minors next year?

Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:41 pm

LTKfRGM wrote:According to DiComo, the mets will look to sign a starting pitcher (a move that I agree with).

http://m.mets.mlb.com/news/article/2565 ... e-in-2018/

If everyone is healthy then there's not room for everyone.

Thor, deGrom, Free Agent. (Dicomo says Harvey should get a spot, but I think he'll have to earn it in the Spring and Harvey will be pitching in a contract year so I think he's got a shot).

He thinks Lugo will be the easiest transition to the pen and that Montero (out of options) will probably be assigned to the pen, which leaves 1 spot for Matz/Wheeler/Gsellman and two of those 2 have a legit chance of opening in Vegas next year.
Watch out, Ray Ramirez and the medical staff is coming back. :-D

Re: So, which mets pitcher opens in the minors next year?

Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:43 pm

Matt Harvey...?

Re: So, which mets pitcher opens in the minors next year?

Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:53 pm

jdawginsc wrote:Matt Harvey...?


That's tricky. I'm pretty sure he can refuse the assignment.

Re: So, which mets pitcher opens in the minors next year?

Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:47 pm

jdawginsc wrote:Matt Harvey...?

He would just be cut at that point.

Re: So, which mets pitcher opens in the minors next year?

Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:00 am

ilikeike29 wrote:
jdawginsc wrote:Matt Harvey...?

He would just be cut at that point.

He should be cut well before it gets to that point. I am stunned they have indicated they are willing to pay him the $5M+ for next season. Not sure why they are so willing to throw that kind of $ away. If Matt Harvey were a FA this winter, the Mets would never voluntarily offer him $5M coming off the year he's had. One of the odder decisions this team seems lined up to make.
Post a reply