Switch to full style
Discuss the Mets and their minor leaguers.
Post a reply

The Terry Collins Appreciation Thread

Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:14 am

Thank you for managing the team to the first World Series appearance in 15 years. Best of luck to Terry wherever his future leads. Not sure where he fits into the organization but we shall see.

Re: The Terry Collins Appreciation Thread

Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:17 am

Steve The Original wrote:Thank you for managing the team to the first World Series appearance in 15 years. Best of luck to Terry wherever his future leads. Not sure where he fits into the organization but we shall see.

Sounds like his new role will involve player development.

Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:19 am

It seems like the Mets handled this situation pretty poorly. They should have made this deal quietly weeks ago.

Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:22 am

Did not deserve the undignified sendoff he received. Sandy gave lip service to changing the culture in the aftermath. Didn't he [Sandy] come in 7 yrs ago saying that he wanted to change the culture? So why does it still need changing?

Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:24 am

HeyNowHK wrote:Did not deserve the undignified sendoff he received. Sandy gave lip service to changing the culture in the aftermath. Didn't he [Sandy] come in 7 yrs ago saying that he wanted to change the culture? So why does it still need changing?

I think your comments deserve a thread of it's own. It's been LOL Mets since Sandy has gotten here and hasn't really changed. The organization can't get out of its own way.

Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:42 am

Deserved a better exit.

Thanks for not giving up on the season both times we made it, especially the WS run.

Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:48 am

I'm interested to see who becomes the primary non-Wilpon foil for fans to rail against after every bad game/outcome/etc. Usually there's a 1 year grace period with managers before they become "OK, [last guy] was bad, but [NEW GUY] IS THE WORST!! CAN YOU BELIEVE HE'S HITTING [insert player here] 6th instead of 4th!? ARGHHHHHHH."

- Its never the players.

- Its never the GM, who is powerless to overcome Jeff Wilpon (who is apparently Sandy's buddy, not a foil, now? Or did I misread that last week? Is Fred the master villain again?).

Candidates probably include Mike Barwis, Ron Romanick, or Terry Collins (but as a FO man this time).

Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:10 pm

Shame on Jeff "Fredo" Wilpon. If I'm Terry I'd decline the front office job and handwave Fredo, Mike Francesa style

Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:15 pm

Ciarán wrote:Shame on Jeff "Fredo" Wilpon. If I'm Terry I'd decline the front office job and handwave Fredo, Mike Francesa style

Easy to tell someone else to turn down a big paycheck

Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:57 pm

MarkJohnson>You wrote:I'm interested to see who becomes the primary non-Wilpon foil for fans to rail against after every bad game/outcome/etc. Usually there's a 1 year grace period with managers before they become "OK, [last guy] was bad, but [NEW GUY] IS THE WORST!! CAN YOU BELIEVE HE'S HITTING [insert player here] 6th instead of 4th!? ARGHHHHHHH."

- Its never the players.

- Its never the GM, who is powerless to overcome Jeff Wilpon (who is apparently Sandy's buddy, not a foil, now? Or did I misread that last week? Is Fred the master villain again?).

Candidates probably include Mike Barwis, Ron Romanick, or Terry Collins (but as a FO man this time).

:-s

Um, its Sandy. Has been for a long time. Terry was easily #2 in terms of irrational fan rage.

Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:59 pm

Solid dude that Terry.

Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:48 pm

TomInNC wrote:
Ciarán wrote:Shame on Jeff "Fredo" Wilpon. If I'm Terry I'd decline the front office job and handwave Fredo, Mike Francesa style

Easy to tell someone else to turn down a big paycheck

A 'big' paycheck? For being loosely involved in player development? I'm sure Terry could get the same job at a similar salary anywhere else.

I appreciate the fact that in an organization that repeatedly embarasses themselves over and over, Terry's one of the few that never embarassed himself and was always a good ambassador for the franchise. Even yesterday Terry took the high road publicly when he really had no reason to, other than the vague promise of a player development job that he'd have every right to turn down and tell the Wilpons and Sandy to go scratch after the events of the last week.
Post a reply