Switch to full style
Discuss the Mets and their minor leaguers.
Post a reply

Re: The Terry Collins Appreciation Thread

Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:44 pm

MarkJohnson>You wrote:
MookieWouldaBeatIt wrote:wait, I thought Familia blew the WS by hanging one to Gordon in game one?
Feels SO long ago

Come on, you know this. It was Terry, who played our usual CFer in CF, who made an error that lead to a run that the Mets then came back from and took the lead anyway.

Obviously.

Cmon MJ. It was the non use of Hansel Robles that cost us the WS. It’s impossible to envision the great Hansel would have been anything less than perfect.

Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:15 pm

Eh...I liked the guy, but as a manager I didn't find him to be that great. At at times, it was unbearable to listen to him speak after a game as he mumbled or spoke way too fast.

I think the game needs to step away from aging managers and get people with new thinking that supports what baseball really is and how to win.

Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:42 pm

MetGirl5 wrote:
MarkJohnson>You wrote:
MookieWouldaBeatIt wrote:wait, I thought Familia blew the WS by hanging one to Gordon in game one?
Feels SO long ago

Come on, you know this. It was Terry, who played our usual CFer in CF, who made an error that lead to a run that the Mets then came back from and took the lead anyway.

Obviously.

Cmon MJ. It was the non use of Hansel Robles that cost us the WS. It’s impossible to envision the great Hansel would have been anything less than perfect.

Forgot about that one.

A *real* manager would've probably known to replace DW for defense with Matt Reynolds, to make his first ever appearance in a major league game, in the top of the 9th, as well.

Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:52 pm

If we had only brought Keith out of retirement to man 1b instead of Duda in the top of the 9th in game 5. Sandy wanted him. Terry said no. So yep, that's definitely Terry's fault.

Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:54 pm

Steve The Original wrote:If we had only brought Keith out of retirement to man 1b instead of Duda in the top of the 9th in game 5. Sandy wanted him. Terry said no. So yep, that's definitely Terry's fault.

Plawecki looked good the last 2 weeks playing some 1st. Why didn't Terry think to make THAT move!?

Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:16 pm

MarkJohnson>You wrote:
Steve The Original wrote:If we had only brought Keith out of retirement to man 1b instead of Duda in the top of the 9th in game 5. Sandy wanted him. Terry said no. So yep, that's definitely Terry's fault.

Plawecki looked good the last 2 weeks playing some 1st. Why didn't Terry think to make THAT move!?

Because he HATES young players.
Post a reply