Switch to full style
Discuss the Mets and their minor leaguers.
Post a reply

Re: Coaching Staff Changes

Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:46 pm

John Franco as bullpen coach? Let's hope he likes Syndergaard's choice of workout music.

Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:51 pm

Hey, guess who my 2nd least favorite Met of all time is?

8)

Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:54 pm

Acta new bench coach for the Mariners, still could be a candidate for our managerial spot

Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:55 pm

I've met Franco a few times and he always came off as a smug little jerk.

Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:54 pm

Mike Puma‏Verified account @NYPost_Mets 1h1 hour ago
More
Sounds like Dave Eiland's name has come up as somebody the Mets will consider as Dan Warthen's replacement.

Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:28 pm

Metro2007 wrote:I've met Franco a few times and he always came off as a smug little jerk.

Don't doubt it. A closer that was somehow named "captain"....give me a break

Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:16 am

HeyNowHK wrote:Shock would be the operative word if it's Long, both for the jump from HC, but also bc if making a change there would be no one named that would represent less of a change than Long. Long would be more a continuation of the current coaching staff than anything. If they think it's time for a different philosophy & voice in the locker room, then bring someone in who isn't on the current coaching staff for goodness sakes.

It just seems like a hedge to keep Long in the family as long as possible... avoiding a forever decision, as it were.

Not saying I'm rooting for Kevin Long, but do we know his managerial philosophy? Maybe he's a guy who'd been clamoring for more shifts or analytics or some change to what Terry was doing?

Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:38 am

Metro2007 wrote:I've met Franco a few times and he always came off as a smug little jerk.

Maybe he sensed the same in you. :P :lol:

Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:52 am

yalikeMetroplitans wrote:
Not saying I'm rooting for Kevin Long, but do we know his managerial philosophy? Maybe he's a guy who'd been clamoring for more shifts or analytics or some change to what Terry was doing?

I don't think any of us suspected he would need one.

8)

Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:53 am

R Nitelight wrote:
yalikeMetroplitans wrote:

I don't think any of us suspected he would need one.

8)

Good point.

Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:55 am

Steve The Original wrote:

Maybe he sensed the same in you. :P :lol:

Last time I met him was in the hardware store (we were the only ones in the store outside of the cashier) "Wow, John Franco, huge fan, big Met fan" Franco (tilts head down) "uh, thanks" (with an odd attitude). I told my friend about it at the time (not remembering he previously WORKED for John Franco at a batting cage place Franco owned) and he said "He's a jerk, the workers all hated him he acted like he was Michael Jordan, he's John Franco".

Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:40 pm

Is John Franco really interested in coaching or is he interested in what he thinks is a cushy job with a nice paycheck? Screw that guy.
Post a reply