Switch to full style
Discuss the Mets and their minor leaguers.
Post a reply

Who is #2?

Poll ended at Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:51 am

Phil Evans (Util)
4%
Mark Vientos (SS/3B)
25%
David Peterson (LHP)
50%
Chris Flexen (RHP)
No votes
Tomas Nido (C)
No votes
Peter Alonso (1b)
21%
Justin Dunn (RHP)
No votes
Thomas Szapucki (LHP)
No votes
Desmond Lindsay (OF)
No votes
Luis Guillorme (SS)
No votes

Total votes : 24

Re: Who is your #2 prospect?

Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:43 am

MarkJohnson>You wrote:Isn't Walter Rasquin like a short, pudgy, no power guy who can't play the field?

Rasquin received honorable mention on the APP top 20 prospects list last season. Career .300 hitter. Has a "shot" to be a utility guy in the TJ Rivera mold.

Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:49 am

Metro2007 wrote:
MarkJohnson>You wrote:Isn't Walter Rasquin like a short, pudgy, no power guy who can't play the field?

Rasquin received honorable mention on the APP top 20 prospects list last season. Career .300 hitter. Has a "shot" to be a utility guy in the TJ Rivera mold.

A utility guy or a pinch hitter? Maybe I'm confusing him with someone else in the lower levels but I thought he was essentially a full time DH (a bad middle infielder by trade)?

Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:07 pm

MarkJohnson>You wrote:
Metro2007 wrote:

A utility guy or a pinch hitter? Maybe I'm confusing him with someone else in the lower levels but I thought he was essentially a full time DH (a bad middle infielder by trade)?

Rasquin is a former catcher that is more bat than glove but he's capable of playing the field. Not really sure where the 32 steals came from however.

Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:11 pm

Rasquin since opening day 2016 vs. lefties- .325
Post a reply