MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 228 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: IGT - 10/3/17 Yankee Elimination Night
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:14 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:16 pm
Posts: 12278
Metsfan980 wrote:
Steve The Original wrote:
I hate to admit it but this postseason has taken the "Yankee hatred," completely out of me. What's not to love about this team? They have owners that spend money. They have a scouting department that drafts impact bats like constantly. They have a GM who for the most part makes terrific trades bringing back young talent and whatever young talent they may trade away in those deals don't seem to pan out. I've figured out my main hatred is now towards the Met ownership who won't spend money like they should and a GM/Scouting department that quite frankly hasn't drafted well. Yeah, that just about sums it up for my current feelings


Their fans are the only reason you need.


There are plenty of obnoxious Met fans to go around. And they are no way as bad as Phillies fans :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: IGT - 10/3/17 Yankee Elimination Night
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:34 pm 
Offline
General Manager

Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:45 pm
Posts: 7084
I can't stand their ballpark. Otherwise I just ignore them

_________________
Sell EVERYTHING. Sell Sell Sell
Yes this is necessary.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: IGT - 10/3/17 Yankee Elimination Night
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:40 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:16 pm
Posts: 12278
TomInNC wrote:
I can't stand their ballpark. Otherwise I just ignore them


Ignoring is easy living in North Carolina! And yes, their ballpark sucks. LOL


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: IGT - 10/3/17 Yankee Elimination Night
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:51 pm 
Offline
General Manager

Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:45 pm
Posts: 7084
Steve The Original wrote:
TomInNC wrote:
I can't stand their ballpark. Otherwise I just ignore them


Ignoring is easy living in North Carolina! And yes, their ballpark sucks. LOL



This is true. The exposure to their fans is more limited. However, for context, I DID grow up in North Jersey and have many years experience with the whole dynamic.

_________________
Sell EVERYTHING. Sell Sell Sell
Yes this is necessary.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: IGT - 10/3/17 Yankee Elimination Night
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:26 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Franchise Player

Joined: Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:46 pm
Posts: 3454
Get ready to root for Justin Turner against the Yankees, guys and gals.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: IGT - 10/3/17 Yankee Elimination Night
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:46 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Exec. VP Baseball Operations

Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:59 pm
Posts: 8127
Location: Land of the Nats and Redskins
Nutsacjac wrote:
Hilltop wrote:
I also wouldn't really trust Morton in a Game 7 (would it even be his turn? Keuchel on short rest?) though he actually wasn't terrible as his stat line.


I don't know if they'd go to Keuchel to start on two days rest. Maybe for a batter or two in relief...


Great point. And likely more accurate. Maybe McCullers, if they make it. He was pretty solid.

Nutsacjac wrote:
Cubbies stave off elimination one more night...


Justin Turner is raking, looks like he's gonna be NLCS MVP barring something weird happening. Mets could sure use a guy like that.


He's been incredible. It actually reminds me of Murphy during the 2015 run; it is just big hit after big hit.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: IGT - 10/3/17 Yankee Elimination Night
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:48 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Exec. VP Baseball Operations

Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:59 pm
Posts: 8127
Location: Land of the Nats and Redskins
Metsfan980 wrote:
Steve The Original wrote:
I hate to admit it but this postseason has taken the "Yankee hatred," completely out of me. What's not to love about this team? They have owners that spend money. They have a scouting department that drafts impact bats like constantly. They have a GM who for the most part makes terrific trades bringing back young talent and whatever young talent they may trade away in those deals don't seem to pan out. I've figured out my main hatred is now towards the Met ownership who won't spend money like they should and a GM/Scouting department that quite frankly hasn't drafted well. Yeah, that just about sums it up for my current feelings


Their fans are the only reason you need.


I agree about the fans. It is the one thing preventing me from enjoying their success. However, in terms of the actual players, what's not to like? They seem to generally enjoy the game and like to be out there competing. They literally never quit and play hard no matter the situation.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: IGT - 10/3/17 Yankee Elimination Night
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:13 pm 
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:09 am
Posts: 11634
Location: Somebody's stolen my avatar
nyfuturestars10978 wrote:
Get ready to root for Justin Turner against the Yankees, guys and gals.


I plan to root against both teams equally.

as a sidebar, the "how fed up with you on mets management" thread. What I'm really fed up with is the Yankees and the Dodgers, big money teams have a new way of milking the system - stocking their minor leagues. Baseball's an unfair game. Money wins.

I hate the Dodgers and I hate the Yankees. They're the real Villains of baseball. Teams like the Padres or Pirates have to work hard and/or get lucky for 10-20 years to get 1 chance that the Yankees and Dodgers buy every year. Grossly unbalanced.

Compared to those 2 teams, nothing the Wilpons do bothers me at all.

_________________
http://hasthelargehadroncolliderdestroyedtheworldyet.com

and, I've always loved a good underdog story. Go Mets (2018).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: IGT - 10/3/17 Yankee Elimination Night
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:22 pm 
Offline
NYFS Hall of Famer

Joined: Mon May 21, 2007 12:17 pm
Posts: 5660
well it looks like the Dodgers will make their first World Series appearance since 1988. That's actually pretty incredible for as many winning seasons and playoff appearances they've had since.

It's hard to complain too much since the Mets were in it 2 years ago, but being a Met fan sometimes feels like you're in the trap of constantly rooting against other teams rather than rooting for your team.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: IGT - 10/3/17 Yankee Elimination Night
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:34 pm 
Offline
NYFS Hall of Famer

Joined: Mon May 21, 2007 12:17 pm
Posts: 5660
I would think a 9-0 lead with Kershaw on the mount is good. A 9-0 lead with Rafael Montero on the mound would be good.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: IGT - 10/3/17 Yankee Elimination Night
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:34 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Everyday Player

Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:46 pm
Posts: 1156
The Astros are the only acceptable choice for me.

If they don't win the ALCS, then I'm just going to assume baseball didn't have a WS this year and check out for the next two weeks.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: IGT - 10/3/17 Yankee Elimination Night
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:35 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Franchise Player

Joined: Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:46 pm
Posts: 3454
LTKfRGM wrote:
I plan to root against both teams equally.

as a sidebar, the "how fed up with you on mets management" thread. What I'm really fed up with is the Yankees and the Dodgers, big money teams have a new way of milking the system - stocking their minor leagues. Baseball's an unfair game. Money wins.

I hate the Dodgers and I hate the Yankees. They're the real Villains of baseball. Teams like the Padres or Pirates have to work hard and/or get lucky for 10-20 years to get 1 chance that the Yankees and Dodgers buy every year. Grossly unbalanced.

Compared to those 2 teams, nothing the Wilpons do bothers me at all.
Unless the Astros somehow end up winning the next two games, it will be Dodgers vs Yankees World Series. One of these parasites has to win. I'd rather it be a team 3000 miles away.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 228 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], HeyNowHK, jdawginsc, Joefrompgh, luciferase, MarkJohnson>You, Metro2007, MookieWouldaBeatIt, Ralf, SNESandMets, tejdog1, yalikeMetroplitans and 118 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group


SUPPORT NYFS VIA OUR NETWORK OF SITES: FIND AN AA MEETING | FIND A JOB NEAR YOU | SUICIDE DEPRESSION ADDICTION HELP | BOOK REVIEWS EDITORIAL | LOCAL DOCTORS HOSPITAL EMERGENCY CARE | HOME REPAIR CONTRACTOR BUILDER AC HEAT | LOCAL LIVE MUSIC OPEN MIC JAM | FIND YOUR CONGRESSMAN AND WHERE TO VOTE | WOMEN VETERANS HELP SUPPORT AND RESOURCES | THE SOULCIALISTS LIVE LOCAL PIANO MUSIC TREASURE COAST | PET FRIENDLY PARKS HOTELS | SOLAR WIND RENEWABLE POWER | FILE TAX RETURN ATTORNEY | 4G SEO SMART PHONES TABLET WEB | BIRTHDAY PARTY RENTAL CHARACTERS | HOMES APARTMENTS FOR SALE OR RENT NEAR YOU | SPORT COURT GYM FITNESS CLUB TRACK FIELD | GOLF BEACH RESORT HOTELS RESTAURANTS BED BREAKFAST | HEALTH LIFE AUTO HOME INSURANCE QUOTE | METRO BUS TRAIN SUBWAY AIRPORT HELIPORT | VETERAN TIPS CRAFT DIY RECIPES | ATM BRANCH CONSOLIDATION STUDENT CREDIT LOAN RATES | LOCAL NEWS AND RSS FEEDS | CHRISTMAS BLACK FRIDAY BACK TO SCHOOL SALE | LATEST E NEWS ON MOVIES TV GAMES GIFTS BOOKS | LAST MINUTE ANNIVERSARY BIRTHDAY HOUSE WARMING GIFTS NEAR YOU | LOCAL ARTS CRAFTS SUPPLY STORE | LOCAL HEALTHY HEART DIABETIC RESTAURANTS AND STORES | CHURCH TEMPLE MOSQUE OR PLACE OF WORSHIP NEAR YOU | LOCAL LINKS TO RESTAURANTS AIRPORTS DRUG STORES | DRUG OXY OPIATE ALCOHOL PHYSICAL REHAB | SUICIDE HOTLINE DANIELLE COLBERT PHOTO MUG SHOT | © Untraditional Media

The%20Soulcialists