NYFS ny mets message boards
http://www.nyfuturestars.com/community/

Who is the #3 prospect in the Mets system?
http://www.nyfuturestars.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=44713
Page 1 of 7

Author:  Metro2007 [ Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:59 am ]
Post subject:  Who is the #3 prospect in the Mets system?

Rookie maximums for at-bats (130), games pitched (30) or innings (50) in the major leagues"

If the 2 leaders are within 5% of each other, or the leader has less than 35% there will be a run-off between the top 2.
*Rosario ineligible
*Dom ineligible

P.S. don't stress too much if you feel player X deserves to be on this list vs. player Y. It's extremely unlikely someone not yet nominated would be win any given poll. Nominate those you see fit.


1) Andres Gimenez (SS) 12/27 votes-44%
2) David Peterson (LHP) 12/24 votes-50%

Author:  nocedog [ Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:04 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Who is the #3 prospect in the Mets system?

I’ve been voting Alonso since the beginning because I think he might have borderline impact power

Author:  Metro2007 [ Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:06 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Who is the #3 prospect in the Mets system?

Went Vientos. Mets people are over the moon excited about him (they also went bonkers when they picked Eric Campbell so who knows?). I like Alonso but the defensive reports were AWFUL (as was the error total). I still find him more intriguing than Dom, guess we shall see.

Author:  LTKfRGM [ Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:12 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Who is the #3 prospect in the Mets system?

Metro2007 wrote:
Went Vientos. Mets people are over the moon excited about him (they also went bonkers when they picked Eric Campbell so who knows?). I like Alonso but the defensive reports were AWFUL (as was the error total). I still find him more intriguing than Dom, guess we shall see.


They were "thrilled" to select Campbell in the 8th round? But didn't like him enough to take him in the 6th or 7th? That's tough to wrap my head around. Not impossible but a little strange.

Author:  Metro2007 [ Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:13 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Who is the #3 prospect in the Mets system?

LTKfRGM wrote:
Metro2007 wrote:
Went Vientos. Mets people are over the moon excited about him (they also went bonkers when they picked Eric Campbell so who knows?). I like Alonso but the defensive reports were AWFUL (as was the error total). I still find him more intriguing than Dom, guess we shall see.


They were "thrilled" to select Campbell in the 8th round? But didn't like him enough to take him in the 6th or 7th? That's tough to wrap my head around. Not impossible but a little strange.



They famously stood up and cheered the pick in the war room.

Author:  LTKfRGM [ Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:36 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Who is the #3 prospect in the Mets system?

Metro2007 wrote:

They famously stood up and cheered the pick in the war room.


I believe you. I just find it a little odd that a guy they liked that much, but they waited till round 8 to take him. Maybe they really liked the guys they took at 5/6/7 too.

Author:  acerimusdux [ Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:13 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Who is the #3 prospect in the Mets system?

I read they cheered when they got Corey Oswalt as well.

Author:  nocedog [ Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:13 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Who is the #3 prospect in the Mets system?

LTKfRGM wrote:
Metro2007 wrote:

They famously stood up and cheered the pick in the war room.


I believe you. I just find it a little odd that a guy they liked that much, but they waited till round 8 to take him. Maybe they really liked the guys they took at 5/6/7 too.


They had a fireworks display when they drafted Corey Oswalt in the 7th round a different year too. The Mets are weird.

Author:  Metro2007 [ Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:23 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Who is the #3 prospect in the Mets system?

Woah Mickey Jannis is only 5'9? I think I have to root for him harder. 5'9 knuckleballer? lol

https://metsinsider.mlblogs.com/afl-pla ... 64511926=1

Author:  Ralf [ Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:59 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Who is the #3 prospect in the Mets system?

I don't understand the Peterson pick at 1 or 2. He's thrown like 5 innings of professional ball and doesn't really have stand out stuff. Gimenez, Vientos and Alonso are the clear top three right now (whatever way you want to rank them).

Author:  HeyNowHK [ Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Who is the #3 prospect in the Mets system?

Metro2007 wrote:
LTKfRGM wrote:
Metro2007 wrote:
Went Vientos. Mets people are over the moon excited about him (they also went bonkers when they picked Eric Campbell so who knows?). I like Alonso but the defensive reports were AWFUL (as was the error total). I still find him more intriguing than Dom, guess we shall see.


They were "thrilled" to select Campbell in the 8th round? But didn't like him enough to take him in the 6th or 7th? That's tough to wrap my head around. Not impossible but a little strange.



They famously stood up and cheered the pick in the war room.

Famously?? It's news to me.

Author:  Metro2007 [ Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:12 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Who is the #3 prospect in the Mets system?

Definition of famously

1 :in a celebrated manner
2 :in a superlative fashion
3 :to an unusual degree :very
4 : HeyNowHK knows about it

Page 1 of 7 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/