Switch to full style
Discuss the Mets and their minor leaguers.
Post a reply

?

Poll ended at Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:54 pm

Phil Evans (Util)
No votes
Tyler Bashlor (RHP)
5%
Anthony Kay (LHP)
20%
Chris Flexen (RHP)
No votes
Tomas Nido (C)
5%
Jordan Humphreys (RHP)
No votes
Justin Dunn (RHP)
20%
Desmond Lindsay (OF)
30%
Luis Guillorme (SS)
20%
Gavin Cecchini (2B)
No votes

Total votes : 20

Who is #6?

Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:54 pm

Rookie maximums for at-bats (130), games pitched (30) or innings (50) in the major leagues"

If the 2 leaders are within 5% of each other, or the leader has less than 35% there will be a run-off between the top 2.
*Rosario ineligible
*Dom ineligible

P.S. don't stress too much if you feel player X deserves to be on this list vs. player Y. It's extremely unlikely someone not yet nominated would be win any given poll. Nominate those you see fit.

1) Andres Gimenez (SS) 12/27 votes-44%
2) David Peterson (LHP) 12/24 votes-50%
3) Mark Vientos (SS/3B) 13/24 votes-54%
4) Peter Alonso (1B) 21/28 votes-75%
5) Thomas Szapucki (LHP) 10/22-45%

Re: Who is #6?

Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:27 pm

I went with Dunn, despite his waste of a season.

Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:59 pm

I went with Kay, but Dunn, Lindsey and Bachlor were tough to distinguish. I think they are all pretty good prospects at their positions.

Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:27 pm

I went with Lindsay. I think there's some bat speed and potential CF glove. Something to dream on.

Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:38 am

How the hell is Luis Guillorme nearly winning this poll?

Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:19 am

Ralf wrote:How the hell is Luis Guillorme nearly winning this poll?

Did you not see that bat flip catch???!!
No but seriously, he’s the best defensive prospect in the system. He’s shown he can hit for average and is a 2018 sept call up away from the majors. If Rosario goes down for w/e reason, he may get the call sooner. Most of the other players on the list are all hype but with limited results (Dunn, Kay, Lindsey)

Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:15 am

Went with Dunn just barely over Lindsay. Both only really have one bad year but Dunn hasn't been hurt as much plus he's still more likely to make the majors.

Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:01 am

stevereiff wrote:
Ralf wrote:How the hell is Luis Guillorme nearly winning this poll?

Did you not see that bat flip catch???!!
No but seriously, he’s the best defensive prospect in the system. He’s shown he can hit for average and is a 2018 sept call up away from the majors. If Rosario goes down for w/e reason, he may get the call sooner. Most of the other players on the list are all hype but with limited results (Dunn, Kay, Lindsey)

Hitting .285 over 5 MiL seasons is not showing you can hit for average.

The thing is, we know what Guillorme is; a defensive replacement. Its cut in stone. At least with Dunn, Kay and Lindsey there still is some projection (Dunn to a much lesser extent imo). I mean, how do you even rank him over Nido? On position alone he should be ahead of Guillorme.

If people really think Luis Guillorme is the 6th best prospect in the system, we're in serious trouble.

Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:28 pm

Ralf wrote:
Hitting .285 over 5 MiL seasons is not showing you can hit for average.

The thing is, we know what Guillorme is; a defensive replacement. Its cut in stone. At least with Dunn, Kay and Lindsey there still is some projection (Dunn to a much lesser extent imo). I mean, how do you even rank him over Nido? On position alone he should be ahead of Guillorme.

If people really think Luis Guillorme is the 6th best prospect in the system, we're in serious trouble.

It's called defensive WAR. https://www.baseball-reference.com/lead ... ason.shtml

If he adds 2-3 wins with his glove over 162 games, his bat only needs to be average and he's just as good or better than a guy like Nimmo who hurts you with his glove at CF. Or maybe even Dom Smith.

If he adds 2 war with his glove and his bat is below average, he's still a 25 man roster player with a 1-1.5 WAR.

Only 5 met position players had a WAR better than 1.5 this year. Now, on the down side, prospect writers don't love him. He didn't make BAs top 20 Eastern League though he did get some honorable mention in chat (so did Oswalt). I don't object to people who have Guillorme closer to 15 or 20. I have him below Dunn certainly. I'm not sure if BA has him in the mets top 10 for example. But an argument can be made for him being considered here.
Post a reply