MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Syracuse Mets
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:14 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:01 am
Posts: 23737
Location: Pittsburgh
Can we sign a 30-year deal? Please for the love of God don't ever send us back to Vegas.

_________________
Baseball has a way of ripping your ❤️ out, stabbing it, putting it back in your chest, then healing itself just in time for Spring Training. - Thor


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Syracuse Mets
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:17 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:01 am
Posts: 23737
Location: Pittsburgh
LTKfRGM wrote:
I'll bet the Nats get a revamped, indoor stadium Vegas, but still, it's good to be closer.


Have you seen this somewhere? Because I can't envision a scenario where the already terrible economics of stadium construction would somehow allow for a minor league park with a roof. If nothing else, the relatively low seat totals of minor league parks would seem to make it impossible for an indoor minor league park to be cost-effective.

_________________
Baseball has a way of ripping your ❤️ out, stabbing it, putting it back in your chest, then healing itself just in time for Spring Training. - Thor


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Syracuse Mets
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:01 am 
Online
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:09 am
Posts: 11661
Location: Somebody's stolen my avatar
northway wrote:
LTKfRGM wrote:
I'll bet the Nats get a revamped, indoor stadium Vegas, but still, it's good to be closer.


Have you seen this somewhere? Because I can't envision a scenario where the already terrible economics of stadium construction would somehow allow for a minor league park with a roof. If nothing else, the relatively low seat totals of minor league parks would seem to make it impossible for an indoor minor league park to be cost-effective.


I haven't seen it anywhere but I thought it was in the works. Apparently (did some googling) it's still in the discussion stages and probably several years away (or more).

My comment was more about mets luck than any info, but I did find this. 2019 is still (just barely?) possible, at least according to this 2 month old article. Probably a longshot.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/51 ... w-stadium/

_________________
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor, they call me a communist." - Dom Hélder Câmara

I've always loved a good underdog story. Go Mets (2018). I know an underdog when I see one.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Syracuse Mets
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:31 am 
User avatar
Offline
Everyday Player

Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:46 pm
Posts: 1158
LTKfRGM wrote:
Metsfan980 wrote:
The Mets will own the Nationals triple-A affiliate in 2018.

That's really weird.

Time to make some weird orders to the grounds crew...


like planting lots of poison ivy?


It could be their take on Wrigley.

And the random hills in the outfield will be like Minute Maid Park.

So will the flagpole that is located directly in front of the pitcher's mound.

And the moat around second base will be lovely.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Syracuse Mets
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:54 am 
User avatar
Offline
Franchise Player

Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:31 am
Posts: 3047
Location: Lewisberry, PA
Incredible news!!!!!

Even better that they purchased the franchise.

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D>


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Syracuse Mets
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:37 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:01 am
Posts: 23737
Location: Pittsburgh
LTKfRGM wrote:
northway wrote:
LTKfRGM wrote:
I'll bet the Nats get a revamped, indoor stadium Vegas, but still, it's good to be closer.


Have you seen this somewhere? Because I can't envision a scenario where the already terrible economics of stadium construction would somehow allow for a minor league park with a roof. If nothing else, the relatively low seat totals of minor league parks would seem to make it impossible for an indoor minor league park to be cost-effective.


I haven't seen it anywhere but I thought it was in the works. Apparently (did some googling) it's still in the discussion stages and probably several years away (or more).

My comment was more about mets luck than any info, but I did find this. 2019 is still (just barely?) possible, at least according to this 2 month old article. Probably a longshot.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/51 ... w-stadium/


There's nothing there about the park being indoor, which was the point. A new stadium, sure, but an "indoor" minor league park? Not happening.

_________________
Baseball has a way of ripping your ❤️ out, stabbing it, putting it back in your chest, then healing itself just in time for Spring Training. - Thor


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Syracuse Mets
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:47 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:57 pm
Posts: 80768
Location: New York, NY
John S
12:45 How big of a developmental impact, if any, is the Mets moving away from Vegas? What happens to Vegas next? I mean does any team want to play in those conditions? I would think not
Eric A Longenhagen
12:46 It's big because they get out of that hellhole and move to something with a more stable playing environment but also cut down the distance between their Triple-A and MLB clubs which will help with roster flexibility. I'm not sure who'd want to go to Vegas other than the Raiders

_________________
Twit-@Wexlerrules
Staunch anti-BADP (Batting average dependent players)
Pronounced "Dar-No"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Syracuse Mets
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:52 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:11 am
Posts: 21112
Location: NYC
Quote:
@msimonespn
Mets buying triple a team in Syracuse is a little thing that is a big deal. They won't play shorthanded as often if they manage it right


I'm not holding my breath this will be the panacea some think it could be. The FO still has to manage the roster properly.

Where it definitely helps is that Cuse and the IL are more stable playing environments... but of course the early season cold weather can wreak some havoc of its own.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Syracuse Mets
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:55 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:01 am
Posts: 23737
Location: Pittsburgh
HeyNowHK wrote:
Quote:
@msimonespn
Mets buying triple a team in Syracuse is a little thing that is a big deal. They won't play shorthanded as often if they manage it right


I'm not holding my breath this will be the panacea some think it could be. The FO still has to manage the roster properly.

Where it definitely helps is that Cuse and the IL are more stable playing environments... but of course the early season cold weather can wreak some havoc of its own.


I'm just looking forward to being able to look at a Triple-A line and feel like there's something I can glean from it. I want to be able to get excited if a guy hits .330/.386/.519 and feel justifiably scared if a pitcher is putting up an ERA over 5.00.

_________________
Baseball has a way of ripping your ❤️ out, stabbing it, putting it back in your chest, then healing itself just in time for Spring Training. - Thor


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Syracuse Mets
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:04 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:16 pm
Posts: 12281
I assume since the Mets now own the Syracuse affiliate that means Syracuse will be their AAA home for the forseeable future? Or do they still have to come to an agreement with the stadium operators to continue there?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Syracuse Mets
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:05 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:16 pm
Posts: 12281
northway wrote:
HeyNowHK wrote:
Quote:
@msimonespn
Mets buying triple a team in Syracuse is a little thing that is a big deal. They won't play shorthanded as often if they manage it right


I'm not holding my breath this will be the panacea some think it could be. The FO still has to manage the roster properly.

Where it definitely helps is that Cuse and the IL are more stable playing environments... but of course the early season cold weather can wreak some havoc of its own.


I'm just looking forward to being able to look at a Triple-A line and feel like there's something I can glean from it. I want to be able to get excited if a guy hits .330/.386/.519 and feel justifiably scared if a pitcher is putting up an ERA over 5.00.


Plus a billion


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Syracuse Mets
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:06 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:57 pm
Posts: 80768
Location: New York, NY
Steve The Original wrote:
I assume since the Mets now own the Syracuse affiliate that means Syracuse will be their AAA home for the forseeable future? Or do they still have to come to an agreement with the stadium operators to continue there?


It's their long term home.

_________________
Twit-@Wexlerrules
Staunch anti-BADP (Batting average dependent players)
Pronounced "Dar-No"


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 16 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group


SUPPORT NYFS VIA OUR NETWORK OF SITES: FIND AN AA MEETING | FIND A JOB NEAR YOU | SUICIDE DEPRESSION ADDICTION HELP | BOOK REVIEWS EDITORIAL | LOCAL DOCTORS HOSPITAL EMERGENCY CARE | HOME REPAIR CONTRACTOR BUILDER AC HEAT | LOCAL LIVE MUSIC OPEN MIC JAM | FIND YOUR CONGRESSMAN AND WHERE TO VOTE | WOMEN VETERANS HELP SUPPORT AND RESOURCES | THE SOULCIALISTS LIVE LOCAL PIANO MUSIC TREASURE COAST | PET FRIENDLY PARKS HOTELS | SOLAR WIND RENEWABLE POWER | FILE TAX RETURN ATTORNEY | 4G SEO SMART PHONES TABLET WEB | BIRTHDAY PARTY RENTAL CHARACTERS | HOMES APARTMENTS FOR SALE OR RENT NEAR YOU | SPORT COURT GYM FITNESS CLUB TRACK FIELD | GOLF BEACH RESORT HOTELS RESTAURANTS BED BREAKFAST | HEALTH LIFE AUTO HOME INSURANCE QUOTE | METRO BUS TRAIN SUBWAY AIRPORT HELIPORT | VETERAN TIPS CRAFT DIY RECIPES | ATM BRANCH CONSOLIDATION STUDENT CREDIT LOAN RATES | LOCAL NEWS AND RSS FEEDS | CHRISTMAS BLACK FRIDAY BACK TO SCHOOL SALE | LATEST E NEWS ON MOVIES TV GAMES GIFTS BOOKS | LAST MINUTE ANNIVERSARY BIRTHDAY HOUSE WARMING GIFTS NEAR YOU | LOCAL ARTS CRAFTS SUPPLY STORE | LOCAL HEALTHY HEART DIABETIC RESTAURANTS AND STORES | CHURCH TEMPLE MOSQUE OR PLACE OF WORSHIP NEAR YOU | LOCAL LINKS TO RESTAURANTS AIRPORTS DRUG STORES | DRUG OXY OPIATE ALCOHOL PHYSICAL REHAB | SUICIDE HOTLINE DANIELLE COLBERT PHOTO MUG SHOT | © Untraditional Media

The%20Soulcialists