Switch to full style
Discuss the Mets and their minor leaguers.
Post a reply

Brad Ausmus

Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:33 pm

YaY or NaY?

Re: Brad Ausmus

Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:34 pm

pennst92 wrote:YaY or NaY?

Not the dugout but it wouldn't surprise me if they gave him a job in the FO.

Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:28 pm

I think he got a bit of a raw deal in Det. All of a sudden, everyone got old, or guys walked when FA hit.

Just a thought.

Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:44 am

Probably headed to Boston now with Farrell out.

Tiger fans didn’t like him and that’s always the best barometer for managerial ability so think we dodge a bullet here.

Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:48 am

MarkJohnson>You wrote:Probably headed to Boston now with Farrell out.

Tiger fans didn’t like him and that’s always the best barometer for managerial ability so think we dodge a bullet here.

Huh? Facetious? Aren't you the one always mocking fans for their dissatisfaction with managers? When a team loses, it's the manager's fault. When they win, it's the players or the GM, no?

Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:50 am

HeyNowHK wrote:

Huh? Facetious? Aren't you the one always mocking fans for their dissatisfaction with managers? When a team loses, it's the manager's fault. When they win, it's the players or the GM, no?

He's clearly kidding. See Girardi. See basically any manager in 99% of seasons. The Mets could make the WS next year under "Ausmus", stumble in 2019 and that guy (in the fans eyes) would fully be on the crosshairs. It's just the way it is in sports.

Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:49 am

Thus far, I'm fine with just about any names I've heard.

Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:53 am

Metro2007 wrote:
HeyNowHK wrote:

He's clearly kidding. See Girardi. See basically any manager in 99% of seasons. The Mets could make the WS next year under "Ausmus", stumble in 2019 and that guy (in the fans eyes) would fully be on the crosshairs. It's just the way it is in sports.

Oh, I'm fairly certain that guy would DEFINITELY be the worst.

I know I said Terry was the worst, and before that I said Jerry was the worst, and before that I said "GROW!!!!!"...but now, I am sure, that "Ausmus" guy is DEFINITELY THE WORST.

Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:38 am

Big nay here. For a smart guy he sure doesn't get modern baseball metrics.

Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:13 pm

Apparently declined to interview here if you were wondering how the job was looked at in the industry lol.

Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:50 pm

MarkJohnson>You wrote:
Oh, I'm fairly certain that guy would DEFINITELY be the worst.

I know I said Terry was the worst, and before that I said Jerry was the worst, and before that I said "GROW!!!!!"...but now, I am sure, that "Ausmus" guy is DEFINITELY THE WORST.

:lol: Haha I forgot about GROW

Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:13 pm

Ventura and Ausmus want nothing to do with New York or the Wilpons/Sandy Co.
Post a reply