Switch to full style
Discuss the Mets and their minor leaguers.
Post a reply

?

Poll ended at Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:16 am

Nido
60%
Molina
15%
Oswalt
25%

Total votes : 20

#11 Run-off Nido vs. Oswalt vs. Molina?

Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:16 am

?

Re: #11 Run-off Nido vs. Oswalt vs. Molina?

Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:20 pm

Nido is my pick.

On the surface, he might be just a meh prospect, but if you look deeper into his upside relative to his position, he is interesting.

Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:30 pm

He's prob interesting as a 25th best prospect in a system. At 11 it's depressing. And after a RP easily locks up 10, and a guy who won't have thrown a pitch before he turns 23 at 9.

I'm looking for a needle in the haystack to emerge from the depths next season.

Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:49 pm

Nido 0-2 so far today, no other Mets have appeared

Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:57 pm

HeyNowHK wrote:He's prob interesting as a 25th best prospect in a system. At 11 it's depressing. And after a RP easily locks up 10, and a guy who won't have thrown a pitch before he turns 23 at 9.

Not nearly as depressing as Guillorme at 8.

Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:37 pm

Ralf wrote:
HeyNowHK wrote:He's prob interesting as a 25th best prospect in a system. At 11 it's depressing. And after a RP easily locks up 10, and a guy who won't have thrown a pitch before he turns 23 at 9.

That was depressing too. I was trying not to go back too far... :lol:

Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:39 pm

Ralf wrote:

5 years from now, when the next "advanced approach" middle infielder with a good glove dominates the lowest levels of the system and everyone goes nuts, we'll have Guillorme to say "Hey, remember when he was a prospect and then everyone spent the 3 years after he was added to the 40 man screaming for him to be DFA'ed?" the way we do with Tejada now.

So at least we have that to look forward to.

Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:50 pm

MarkJohnson>You wrote:
Ralf wrote:

5 years from now, when the next "advanced approach" middle infielder with a good glove dominates the lowest levels of the system and everyone goes nuts, we'll have Guillorme to say "Hey, remember when he was a prospect and then everyone spent the 3 years after he was added to the 40 man screaming for him to be DFA'ed?" the way we do with Tejada now.

So at least we have that to look forward to.

:lol:

He might actually make some people forget about Tejada...

Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:58 pm

Guillorme should never reach Tejada levels of hate because there's no scenario in which Guillorme is our starting SS for 3+ years.

And Guillorme's glove is better than Tejada's ever was so I don't think it's a stretch to say Guillorme shouldn't be sweating his spot on a 40, whether it's ours or someone else's, considering we're probably internally debating between Evans, Reynolds, and Cecchini right now.

Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:58 pm

Hot Takes wrote:Guillorme should never reach Tejada levels of hate because there's no scenario in which Guillorme is our starting SS for 3+ years.

And Guillorme's glove is better than Tejada's ever was so I don't think it's a stretch to say Guillorme shouldn't be sweating his spot on a 40, whether it's ours or someone else's, considering we're probably internally debating between Evans, Reynolds, and Cecchini right now.

I remember when we liked Tejada.

Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:20 pm

He would be 25th best in some systems.

Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:37 pm

Ralf wrote:

Pretty depressing. A guy that would be lucky to be the next Ruben Tejada if everything goes right for him.

Nido will be lucky to be the next Josh Thole.

This is the state of the system.
Post a reply